Sign in to follow this  
Scientist

Breaking news. London will Host 2012 Olympics

I know I know I know!!!! :D:D

We all gathered in the conference room to watch it being announced on TV...and I swear I started screaming before the man even said it. Don't ask. I get easily excited these days.

Fantastic news! :D:D

Zephy I really thought we were going to lose it, as this was the third bid for Paris for the last 15 years, so I thought they were going to reward them for their consistance. But good luck to London.

I was excited... honestly, I was holding ma breath... until it dawned on me that I'd be near 30 when it happens... carez n shyte! :rolleyes: redface.gif :mad:

Then I thought, atleast great efforts will be made to improve transport and that should atleast be kewl...

..... but would I be a 30yr old with no car? :eek: :eek: ......... carez n shyte! :mad:

Sincere   

^^ :D ...I thought majority of the ladies in SOL claimed to be 21... :confused:

Big deal London won, I pity the athletes who will have to put up with your narrow, crammy, congested streets. :D

^ Poo hoo...sour grapes is all. Do you have some French cousins or something? :rolleyes:

Athena,

LoL..yeah..hard to imagine eh? Us in our 30s... :D

Ali

I know..everyone was hoping London would win it, but actually expected Paris to get it.

Anyway, who cares, eh? We won! :D

At least East London will get a face-list. They so need it... icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Discreet1:

^^
:D
...I thought
majority
of the ladies in SOL claimed to be 21... :confused:

Who says I cant be 21 now? ;)

Originally posted by rokko:

yanks returned the favour...politics :rolleyes:

lol Rokko your conspiracy gene is operating very well I see..not to burst your bubble but I think if the States had that power than New York would have probably won the bid instead ;)

Congrats to London. Felt sorry for the French considering all the domestic turmoil the last thing they needed was to lose the bid to the English of all people.

Now to be more selfish. I got some family up in London so no need to worry about transportation, accomodation or food costs. :cool: :D

Rahima   

yanks returned the favour

Sure looks like it ay :D

Congrats to London, but you'll never beat Sydney, not with that shocking traffic, small streets, and ridiculous levels of pollution. Joke londoners, joke ;)

Sincere   

Lol@Athena, 21 right....Yup I believe you ;)

Poo hoo...sour grapes is all. Do you have some French cousins or something?

Nope Zeph, just got a bone to pick with London streets, my impecable driving record got tarnished while I was there (slight fender- bender). :mad:

P.s. Londoners, do you intend to put a leash on the football hooligans during this time, I hear they can rather get "out of hand"...Im kidding :D