Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

HIT and RUN....HIT and RUN

Khayr   

Salaams,

I have a friend that lives close to me. He's neighbour, nicely enough always parks horizantally, on the other side of the street, just behind my friend's driveway. Almost, everytime, I pass my friend's place - I mention his neighbor parking too closely and living dangerously.

This morning I was at my friend's place and as I was backing out of my friend's driveway I heard this noise that made time stop for me. redface.gif

I knew right away what it was, it was my worst nightmare - I backed and hit his neighbor's car.

:( SubhanAllah.

So what to do....where to turn....

I got out and checked the other car. Mind you - it was still dark outside(no sun yet). Alhamdulillah, there was nothing that I could see damaged. I called my friend to let him know what happened and he didn't pick up. His neighbors lights were on but I didn't bother cause there was no damage - right?

So I drove away and was severely haunted by this incident. A few minutes later, I turned around and went to his neighbors home. Well, this time around their lights were turned off and no body opened the door when I knocked. So I left and drove away.

I have been haunted ever so after.

What should I do? What would you have done?

I hope that his neighbors are not indha yaar or hindi cause they can be a little unforgivening at times.

Napoleon   

Wtf dude, and here i thought it'd be something interesting, like you ran over a paralyzed hooker and dumped her body in the river or something.

Cara.   

I would've taken a picture of the damage, then left a note on the car explaining what happened, with your insurance info and contact details. Someone did that to me recently and I called back and told her not to worry about it. The fact that she was honest was what counted for me. Minor scrapes and bumps don't register when you're driving a beat-up junker.

I have to admit I also did a hit-and-run a long time ago, and it also makes me feel awful to this day. Which is why I've resolved never to do it again. The financial cost would've been forgotten by now!

U said there was no damage eh ??? ,,, then why you so afraid ??? ,,, just go away.

and if there is something ,,, you can always come back when they're home and tell them the story.

hodman   

The issue is about being brave enough to acknowledge what you do, remember Allah saw what happened even if no one else did.

The Zack   

LOOOOOOOL You wasted 34 seconds of my life. Why did you have to talk about how your friend lives close to you and if your friend parks his car horizontally or vertically LOL. You should've just said I barely hit a car and I am shocked LOL.

P.s. Even though its my fault I read this I still blame u for wasting my 34 seconds.

I once went to the shop, bought something. When I was leaving I counted my money and noticed I had an extra 15, I thought to myself this can't be right since I gave her a tenner. I realized she must've thought I gave her 20. I decided to keep the money, but all the way home I was haunted. So eventually I had to turn back and give her the extra money back.

Sorry. I couldn't make this interesting or relevant enough. Anyway the lesson here is your conscience is a mafia and it won't let you be till you give it what it wants.

Buuxo   

Similar thing happened to me.Straight up, I left my details and told the owner the minor scratch was my doing.The insurance company later claimed I had to pay $1000 for the scratch.I wrote them a letter saying that I was willing to pay half ,given that they had no proof.I did :D

Recently I had a crash and my insurance company told me to get a quote from their 'recommended & trusted' assessors and panelbeaters,so I did.And they were like asking if the missing Hubcap & older damages was from the crash,I said No even though I wanted to lie.Anyways the guy gave me a strange look and when I got my car back,I had a new Hubcap and the other damages ,which was not part of the recent crash fixed :D

Moral of the story honesty is the best policy.

Juxa   

aaah waad naga nixisay. you should have left your details and take picture to show there was no damage to the vehicle.

if you reside in the UK, waa crime to leave accident scene bal iska jir

buuxo, never use panel lawyers, bloody useless

Khayr   

hmmmm, why would anyone call the insurance sharks? They only see it as an opportunity to increase your monthly premiums.

Zack, is 34second how long you can hold the hot air in you? icon_razz.gif

All day yesterday, I was worried that my friend would catch tbe blame and then in turn blame me and then - one less friend.

I think that the Malaaika were watching over me and Allah sent them - Alhamdulillah.

Doing the right thing should not be necessarily equated with the easy route.

the right thing to do would be to leave a note on the car with your contact info. Even if you believe they were at fault for parking too close to u, never jusifies anyone leaving the scene of the accident. I once had someone hit my taxi cab and push it back to the car behind. That was some f"cked up sh*t because my insurance went up, and my car had to be towed. I would contact them again, and take it from there.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Oh they I did contact them. I saw a plumber's cargo van parked at their drive way and got a bit worried. (Maybe the dude might wanna give me a rear-end choke redface.gif ). I rang the bell and to my suprise, it was an adaan dude and his blondee at the house. The dude came out and thanked me for telling him about the accident. We checked out the car together and he told me that there was nothing - Its ALL GOOD (Alhamdulillah) :D

My eyez widen with awe and surpise. Did the angels come in and clean things up for me? Alhamdulillah!!!