Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Paying for sex

Castro   

^ I'm not familiar with the exact meaning either, except my father, who is very familiar with it, said the proverb every time he heard a logical statement or wisdom. So it's a good thing. Have no fear. smile.gif

SeeKer   

Someone is stirring a hornets nest. Can't you let well enough alone. Do you have to impress your ideals on others? :D Seriously though its kind of tiring to deal with battle of the sexes every other thread.

~~Just a thought~~

Juxa   

afkaaga caano lagu qabey is a maahmaah to praise when someone utters words of wisdom and nails the truth of the matter, it means i cont have said better :D

Cara.   

Socod_badne,

Come on. You laid it on a little thick there. Now no one will take it seriously. You shouldn't have been so empathetic. Here, try it like this:

Girls,

It's not your fault that we have sex with prostitutes. Really. We just have this sex drive, see. You probably don't know what it is, but let me give you an analogy: You are at the mall and you notice the designer boutique where you always wistfully window-shop has a "SALE!!!!" You run to check it out and and oh my god is that a Louis Vuitton handbag at 75% off!!?

Then you realize it's a knock-off...

How's that an analogy? It's not. I just want to get you all worked up, you are so cute when you get maniacal... plus, I wanted to tear up the credit card statement before you realize where exactly I've been going on all those "business trips" ;)

http://www.toptik.co.il/data/images/Louis%20Vuitton.jpg

Castro   

Originally posted by juxa:

afkaaga caano lagu qabey is a maahmaah to praise when someone utters words of wisdom and nails the truth of the matter, it means i cont have said better
:D

^ Thank you.

Do men "pay for sex" and women "prostitute" themselves? What is the significance of using the different terms? Did you notice the article did not use the word prostitution, even once, when the subject matter is prostitution. Why do you think that is? Who benefits from a "pay-per-hump" business?

If we're going to discuss, let us think along those lines and educate ourselves and others.

Red Sea, reality can be filthy. Burying our heads in the sand will not make the filth go away. In fact, we'll be more at risk of that filth damaging our lives. The UK government is launching a £300m campaign to deal with sexual health.

The advertising campaign will be the most high-profile of its kind since the HIV and Aids awareness campaign in the 1980s, which featured TV commercials showing tombstones engraved with the words "Don't die of ignorance".

Despite greater awareness of the major STIs, chlamydia rose by 9% last year to 89,818, genital warts went up by 2% to 70,883 and syphilis increased by 28% with 1,575 cases in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Most of the cases are occurring in people aged 16-24.

Health Secretary John Reid said: "Prevention messages are not getting through.

"We need to act now on sexual health - and make it a priority.

"We will run an advertising campaign which tells people, especially young people, of the consequences of irresponsible sexual behaviour and of sexually transmitted diseases."

full article

If more and more men are buying sex(and being reluctant to check themselves) and more women are providing this service(hence statistically more likely to be diseased) , don't you think their risks will filter into the rest of the community?

Most prostitutes can not hide their lifestyles, a man that chooses to be in a relationship with one will be more likely to know of her every night activities than a woman in a relationship with a man who engages in sex buying and won't admit it to her let alone be honest enough with himself to get checked.

Socod_badne, I know u want to travel the road well-travelled and travelled too much lately but I won't be following u there. If u want a fight(or a mock one), let's keep it relevant to the topic at least.

I'll beat you, I promise. Don't be afraid. It's the taking part that counts.

Yeniceri   

Pay for sex? I believe that service is free across the globe. You just gotta utilize key words that function in an "Open Sesame"-like fashion. Some dudes just aren't born with it.

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

I wonder if the similar research was done on Women who pay for sex?...

Seems like you're making a difference between those who pay for sex service and those who provide the service.

N.O.R.F   

Can u elaborate for those who may not know what u mean, pls?

After a long night (or week) of chewing our famous stimulant (qaad), and being on a high (marku xidigaha soowada tiriyey), the chewer may go and seek something 'to top it off' (the high that is). Thus making a journey to a dingy street and parting with a few ££s.

The chewer goes back to his wife and kids,,,,

J.Lee   

^ Thus the reason why the number of Somalis with HIV (and other STDs) will slowly but surely increase within the next couple of years.

These men just need lessons in self-sufficiency. Why do they pay when they can extract the poison themselves without cost?