Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Paying for sex

'Twice as many men' pay for sex

The number of men paying women for sex has nearly doubled in a decade, UK research suggests.

Surveys of 11,000 British adults in 1990 and 2000 found the rate increased from one in 20 to nearly one in 10 men.

Rising divorce rates, sex tourism and increasing availability of commercial sex are blamed by the Sexually Transmitted Infections journal.

It warns men's lifestyles put them at risk of catching sex diseases, yet few are getting checked in clinics.

read in full

Who’s the victim now? Is it the disadvantaged woman who’s reduced to a sexual object and makes living on her body? Or is it these stimulated men whose animalistic instincts are constantly stirred?

Is it not a quandary to be in a society that offers every choice in life?

Shiddo iga dheh!

Those where rhetorical questions, good Castro, that need no answers. But you’re not far from the mark, I must say.

Society as a whole, whose innocent masses are exposed to these illnesses, is the sufferer here! That would be an answer that could defy my narrowly framed question!

I must be getting paranoid. Why do I think this topic is going to lead to the benefits of polygamy. unsure.gif

The old adage, 'all roads lead to Rome' comes to mind. biggrin.gif

Muhammad   

Rising divorce rates, sex tourism and increasing availability of commercial sex are blamed by the Sexually Transmitted Infections journal.

do I see a circle of causality?

which is the cause and which is the effect?

is STI the disease or the symptoms of the society here?

Curling Waterfall, all topics in SOL that go through e-Nuri lead to polygamy :D . Given the fact that senior e-Nuri deputies showed up in here, you’re not paranoid to predict this topic’s fate :D .

But let us save this one, I suggest.

Castro   

Originally posted by Muhammad:

is STI the disease or the symptoms of the society here?

Is this rhetorical too?

Cause: unproctected sex with an infected person

Effect: acquiring that person's infection

Cause: high divorce rate (due to disagreements over polygyny)

Effect: many men unable to have sex for free

Cause: increase in disposable cash (savings due to inability to have multiple wives)

Effect: foreign travel to purchase sex

It's simple Muhammad. Quite simple.

NGONGE   

Well, they've got to pay for the dinner, the cinema tickets, the Taxi ride home and maybe even a gift or two. This might also have to be repeated a few times before any sex takes place. Poor women, you say? Poor men, I say. :mad:

Rowda   

Well, they've got to pay for the dinner, the cinema tickets, the Taxi ride home and maybe even a gift or two. This might also have to be repeated a few times before any sex takes place. Poor women, you say? Poor men, I say.

are talking about som-men here or general population? I dont think that is the case anymore. we have women paying their own wedding expenses adigan waxaad kahadlaysaa dinner...I smell cheap cheap cheap. If you ask someone a date than its ur job to pay the dinner, movie ticked etc; but hadaad indhaha uroon tahay ex, six packs, 6.2,185lb and I ask u out than its my job to pay ur dinner and watch u like an object. "before sex takes place" what makes u think that is not what women after??

War ragow sir hoween kabaqa!

AbStraCt   

How much money are we talking about here?

A twenty, well then that's just prostitution

A coupla of thousand, well then that's a lucrative investment :D