Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Why do men find the female breadwinner utterly terrifying?

MZanzi   

men are supposed to be the providers and women are the nurturers, it is part of our evolutionary make-up. when you switch the roles, some people can deal with it, others can't.

i feel that if you can find a man who is secure enough to let a woman take the lead from time to time, then you are incredibly fortunate.

MZanzi   

I think a bigger problem is that even when women are earning more they still have to take care of the majority of the household.

Paragon   

It all depends on one's outlook on life. Ambition, higher earning, drive, are of nature done with higher verocity - at times, one goes past life itself to simply end up living in the period he/she spends creating 'the means' with which to live. One requires to ask him/herself the questions 'do i live? does my spouse live?' and be able to answer with an affirmative 'YES I do'.

Marka, labada qofee is guursada need a sort of material-spiritual equilibrium to have a sustainable relationship, a relationship that finds sustenance within itself rather than find it outside. Making money is a major pressure, and related social expectations do weigh heavily on individual sensibilities. Unless the individual is divorced from the weakness of bending to such social expectations and attendent pressures, then, there always remain an under-current, or a tension of some sort.

Allaha u sahlo risqi raadiska.

STOIC   

Stoic-Are you saying that she must transform herself to your liking and all under the banner of being a good/understanding wife? She has to be receptive one; she has to catch on the full significance what she is getting herself into even though you never gave her the option/ choice in advance whilst courting her. If the issue never arose and you adhere to such view, don’t you think then the onus should be on you to inform her of your intentions in advance? and by the way what about the wife? Doesn’t she require an understanding husband and one who understands the “relationship building skills”? Whatever that is.

I wish to acquire your insightful questioning skills. If the moment for such a discussion never arises during the courting session then we will talk about and deal with it in a fair way! If she is a career woman to begin with then there should be no disappointment if we agree upon the hours she should spend at work. I will personally prefer if I can foot the bill for her to stay home with the little brats and maybe she can work two to three days a week so she doesn’t put her career on hold. Right now if you ask me what type of a career woman I’ll marry she will definitely be one who has a flexible work schedule-one who is blessed widespread freedom has been blessed with her hand- like a nursing career or teaching nothing like something that will demand traveling -its just a preference! I will not force a stupendous penalty on her career by forcing her to stay home. It is probable; however, that we will come to a tacit agreement before we tie the knot.

PS There is a reason why I picked She Who must be obeyed.Don't worry about her.She is safe with me ;)

Cara.   

^Apparently she's made a vow not to give you a chance until you're pulling a 6-figure salary, because of a run-in with another Faarax who got his macawis in a twist over her paycheck.

These stories are so ridiculous.

Baluug   

It's true that men will feel insecure if their wife brings home the bacon, he'll feel like he's useless because that's supposed to be his job in the first place. It also means he has to do more housework. :D