Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somalis and China??

N.O.R.F   

Not a week goes by that I don't hear of someone going to/currently in/has been to China! Ma meeshaasaa baryahan shidan? Will they relocate tolow?

N.O.R.F   

^^I know people who have started businesses because of the relative cheap goods. It is THE place to go right now if you're into buying and selling.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

Northerner...Greetings My Brother..Keyf Enta?

If you are in the market for a merchandise that has the name of an international brand yet with cheaper price than any store you've ever been to, then China is the place you should for ASAP but mind you in two months your cheap gadgets will run out of life and the only place they will look pretty is the trash box.

Here in Africa they are called FONG KONG…lol

Salam to Ms Lily and Ms DD...Good To See You smile.gif

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ms DD   

Salaam to you too Bob.

I have been meaning to pm you. I am looking for someone oo last la igu sheegay SA from Utanga. You may know him or not. Worth try I suppose.

Talking of businesses, I hear Bangaladesh is the place to be if you are in the fashion business. Any truth in this I wonder.

China isn't cheap anymore. The renminbi has risen drastically and is expected to further rise against the dollar given the US current turmoil. Vietnam, Cambodia and to an extent Nepal are relatively cheaper places for manufacturing.

Somalis who moved there recently or intend on moving are herd followers and will be in for a shock.

It is still under stable for those coming from Africa, but western domiciled Somalis are better off staying where they are. The US based folks should explore opportunities in marekan now more than ever.

Paragon   

You don't have to go to China anymore if you are in Eastleigh, Nairobi. They'll come to you with a clipboard to jot down your orders. Then you will pay them only 10% of what you'll usually pay. The next month you'll have a full container of bagaash delivered to you. Sweet arrangement.

Shiineesku are everywhere. From malls to roads contruction to God know what else....

Originally posted by Paragon:

You don't have to go to China anymore if you are in Eastleigh, Nairobi. They'll to you with a clipboard to jot down your orders. They you will pay them only 10% of what you'll usually pay. Next month you have a full container for you delivered. Sweet arrangement.

Shiineesku are everywhere. From malls to roads contruction to God know what else....

Look at this Congo-China mining deal.

9Billion Dollars!!

Paragon   

I watched a programme on the BBC's newsnight on China's investment in several countries in Africa, including Congo and Angola. There are some complaints from the opposition parties of these countries, but there are also economic appreciations from their respective countries. The ordinary man complains that there is nothing trickling down to him. although such complaints are real and valid, still, it is worthwhile giving China's investments in Africa sometime to come to fruition. That may take atleast a decade.