Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

Somalia took part of the Olympics

Qac Qaac   

Did anyone see our Somalian brothers and sisters taking part of the olympics. it was nice scenary even though they were like 5-7ppl. does anyone know what they are competing at so i could keep an eye on them. who organized it. anyways it was nice seeing somalia and jabuti taking part of the 2002 countries that came for the olympics.

besides Palestine and Iraq got a big cheer from the fans.

the flag carrier for Palestine was black woman, and Jordan had a black man carrying thers. woow. blacks everywhere in the world now huh.

p.s. also Qatar, has somali ppl competing for them in b-ball and 1500 meter run. i think.

Som@li   

yes, it was beaitiful to see them representing somalia, i think we got two athletes (Fartun and Abdullahi) taking part,

it looks like this olympic will go down in history as the least watched ever!! guess what! yanks are being told not to wave flags!! i just dont feel the organizers no more!! they just look like punch of ole boyz towing the line of old monkey business traditions!!

do u feel it 2!! redface.gif

raula   

^^^(didn't actually get to see the US team pass by)but saw in the news that they were rarely waving any FLAGS(weird-but no so suprising)-except the ity-bity flags.

^^^xalay dhacdaalkii dhacay buuga taariiqda waa in dhinac looga qoraa...my whole family screaaamed like wackos last nite....they might have been only 5 but it felt like 500 it was awesome!

PS. Dijibouti had only 1 person representing the whole country...what on earth is that all about? I mean they have goverment n all...annakoo doolad haysanin aa shan ku martay. :confused: ....

Juxa   

i did not see the opening ceromony, bt its good feeling that somalia is been represented.

i think, in the future maybe next time, somalia will have more representatives, i have seen many inspiring attletes. couple of other cabdi bile on da way

and Djibouti only one woman holding the flag and that's it. what the hell is that??? even islands with a population I can count with my fingers brought 5 or 6.

Warar socdaal nagu soo gaaray, ayay ku jirtay in Dalka djabooty ay sagaal qof soo dirtay (sideed nin iyo hal naag) laakiin markii ay u soo dhaweed the walking seromny in ay (nimankii reer jabooty ay jaad gudaha u fadhiisteen)ay gabadha kiligeed soo direen....warar kaas oo aan faahfaahin fiican idinka siin doono, markaanu wareeysano qaar ka mid ah ka soo qayb galayaashii dalka djabooty.....nabad galyo iyo nooli kulenteed wacan..

:D:D:D

asxantu

MASHALLAH MASHALLAH!!!!!!

Well done SOMALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

I watched it, AND waited to see if we'll have somalia apart of it again. 2000 Olympic games SOMALIA was apart of it all, I fully remember it.

Alhamullah they are doing it again...!!!

GOOOOO SOMALIA!

p.s.

GO CANADA too... smile.gif

Originally posted by Waryaa Dude:

I hope there will come an athlete like the legendary Cabdi Bile who came back home with gold!!!

hey, i don't understand one thing. according to this link, somalia has NEVER won an olympic medal and here you are saying abdi bile came home with gold. look at this link below http://www.nbcolympics.com/countries/index.html

click on somalia if the map appears, under Olympic Tradition is says " Somalia has never won an Olympic medal. The country's best hope in 1996, former world champion Abdi Bile, finished sixth at 1500m." and under the Athens Outlook it continues to say "

ATHENS OUTLOOK

Somalia is not expected to win a medal in Athens." :confused: