Sign in to follow this  
-Lily-

No room for women in Somali politics

Oh, the hypocracy enrages me :mad: . So typical of Somali Men to make women's affairs a priority over shall we say, PEACE and WORKING GOVERMENT :eek: . There is NOTHING ISLAMIC about this goverment, just because they elected a religious man doesnt mean that there will be a working goverment based on the shari'a. People, more specifically men who hide behind the sharia DISGUST ME with their sexism and false ideals. Get a grip, dheh :rolleyes: .

Originally posted by IsseRiyole:

It is about time women stay where they belong, they are the ones who caused all this war in somlaia. if you want know how so. please ask me.

God I could roast your penis on a spit right now.

G-unit-(ka NGONGE) sick of me all ready eh?

Last comment I promise.

Originally posted by Foolxumo:

Sex shouldn’t matter in politics. Let’s all be gender blind!

Gender matters in islamic society, I dunno where you grew up in. But when men start giving birth, then I'll be 'gender blind'.

As for women in politics, women should have voice there is no doubt about it, no point in excluding 50% of society from contributing.

NGONGE   

^^ In Somalia they probably make 70%, saaxib. Half of the men have been killed either by other Somalis or the Xabashis. Now behave and respect the majority. :D

Originally posted by The_Siren:

quote:Originally posted by IsseRiyole:

It is about time women stay where they belong, they are the ones who caused all this war in somlaia. if you want know how so. please ask me.

God I could roast your penis on a spit right now.

G-unit-(ka NGONGE) sick of me all ready eh?

Last comment I promise.
War bal yara sug, look i don't know why so sudden you are having Beef with me, Hear me out.If we are going to Rule the country Sharia Law, then there is no place in women, period .just read teh following Hadith's.

1-The Prophet said, "The one who touches the hand of a woman without having a lawful relationship with her, will have an ember placed on his palm on the Day of Judgement.

2-Aishah says that the Prophet accepted the oath of allegiance from women only verbally, without taking their hands into his own hand. He never touched the hand of a woman who was not married to him

3-Umaimah, daughter of Ruqaiqah, said that she went to the Prophet in the company of some other women to take oath of allegiance. He made them promise that they would abstain from idolatry, stealing, adultery, slander, and disobedience to the Prophet. When they had taken the oath, they requested that he take their hands as a mark of allegiance.

The Prophet said, "I do not take the hands of women. Verbal affirmation is enough

4-It is reported by Abu Hurairah that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "The best row for men is the first, and the worst for them is the last. The best row for women is the last, and the worst is the first

I beleive when one decides to rule Sharia then it must be followed accordingly .

by the way i need to lock my Penis since you are threating to roast .

Zafir   

by the way i need to lock my Penis since you are threating to roast .

Dude, kindly step away from that vacuum.

“Diinta Islaamka ma ogola in Haweenka ay wax hoggaaminaya,
sida aan la soconana Dowladda waxaa ku jira Haween badan oo Ragga hor-booda,

I agree with mr contradictory(his claims are conflicting but nevertheless persuasive) 100%, waayo according to his source(highlighted above), naagaha hada dowlada kujira were reported to be "hablo oo ragga hor-booda", so why shouldn't he exclude them while using the sharia as a supporting argument? He is threatened by what he has heard from his people and he wants no part of that and he would rather not have women involved. I applaud him for being himself.

Ladies, unless you can refute his argument without the added emotional outburts, I would suggest that you refrain from commenting.

Lily, why should women have a voice in the political arena? What do somali women bring to the table? Don't just state the obvious but support your claim the same way the subject supported his.

Ps:Why the charged title?

Chimera   

Silly really, the noble Quran makes it clear with examples such as Queen Bilqis of Yemen that women are capable of being 'just' and 'able' heads of state. I read somewhere that the hadith - where Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is told by one of his companions that the commander of the Persian army is the Sassanid Princess Shahrbanu (who inherited the Persian Empire after her father's death) and him making the following reply: 'a nation that puts it's destiny in a woman's hand is doomed' - is actually not concrete but 'shaky'. Somali women need to be included in every sector of our country, from healthcare to education and from military to Politics. Somali Queens such as the wife of Ahmed Guray(Bati) have shown true leadership in bad times and Somali female commanders like the Dervish Queen Hasna Doreeh have shown they can lead armies and command respect from the other gender, so i see no reason to exclude them, matter fact i prefer seeing a Somali female president for a change, we all know who is keeping the country together so let's not kid ourselves!

well....the writing is on the wall. Caraweeylo stood up to pharos and freed somalia but u know what home boyz did to her.

i remember my first trip to somalia. i was walking with granny n other kids to her farm. Then we came across this mount of sand. all the kids started throwing stones at it. i asked... hey wazzup! grandma goes this is Caraweeylo's grave... and she told me that this lady was the ruler once and she killed every male kid born. huh!!

in my mind..i was like grandma..thats cool..u know how many babes i would have if that was still the norm!! loool.. but u know, u cant bs to granny!! her love is pure...she for real.

i pick up a big rock and just gunned it. she smiled big time!

however, seen what happened lately... meaning somali so called leader homies pending over like sissys to xaabashi and the likes, i dont mind a caraweeylo coming back!

Soo...i say caraweeylo come back plzz n save us!!

^As usual, homeboy makes alot of sense.

I'm not very educated enough about the deen to give specific rulings, but would want to hear the opinion of those who oppose woman's participation in social/political/economic life on Khadija, may peace be upon her. The prophet (PBUH) worked for her, was married to her, and sought her counsel on all matters!

Fabregas   

shariff and men like prof cadow won't heed to such calls..........they are more moderate............

neway, "somali government" is known for consuming balwad and drinking sharab, staying in lavish hotels and trying to dodge the odd alshabab bomb......why would any women bring such stress on herself.?......

Aaliyyah   

I think it should be no room for men in somali politics, they have caused us enough.

Time to give somali women chance to lead...

salaaam

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

I think it should be no room for men in somali politics, they have caused us enough.

Time to give somali women chance to lead...

salaaam

Aaliyah Baayo will you hire a Man?