Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Quran recitations

ADNAAN   

JZK Sabriya walaal.

When it comes to recitations my favourite sheikh is Mahmoud Khalil Al-Husary (Ala yarhamu)--

nuune   

Thanks Aaliya, My fav has always being Sheikh Shureim of Imaamka Masjidka Xaramka.

Abdibaasit is Maashaa Allaah

Cabdow   

One of my fav' recitors is

of Soomaal, i believe he is using a Qira'a called 'Warsh' on this particular recitation, it's beautiful Masha Allah!

Ms DD   

Canjeex

This Qiraat called Warsh is AMAZING. First tim ei heard was last taraweeh prayers where I thought the imaam has gone mad by reading the quran wrong. I found out later that it is different way of reciting. I love it though. Thank you for reminding me.

Ms DD   

By the way..I am curious to hear the other types of recitations..If anyone knows where i could hear them, i would appreciate it

Haneefah   

Canjeex, I haven't seen that clip before, jazakallah kheir for posting it. Such a beautiful gathering, mash Allah - I wonder if I will be allowed to sneak in to one of those 'men only' halqahs when I visit Doha one day, Insha Allah.

Ms DD, unfortunately the Shaikh's website with all of his work and the ten qira'aat is temporarily down but I was able to find you couple of his clips demonstrating different qira'aat:

Riwaayah As-Soosi can Abu Camr. Click on the middle highlighted column to listen. Very interesting recitation.

You've heard his Warsh.

I thought to throw in Xafs can Caasim (obviously, the most widely known qiraa'a) by Shaikh Adulhakeem Soofi (his younger brother, not a Qaari himself though). Listen to Al-Maryam.

Here's an excellent, brief introductory chapter on the Science of Qiraa'aat by Shaikh Yaasir Qaadhi from his book 'An Introduction to the Sciences of the Quran'. An informative chapter for those without previous exposure to the topic, and a good motivation to pick up the book and start studying ulum al-quran smile.gif

Hope that will be useful.

Ms DD   

May Allah reward you Haneefah. I will listen to them tomorrow inshaAllah and report.

So far nothing beats Warsh for me. I heard Sudanese imaams recite that way often