Sign in to follow this  
-Nomadique-

I AM ASHAMED (PART II)

NGONGE   

Q.E.D = Quod Erat Demonstrandum

It's latin, meaning: that which was to be demonstrated or proven. I don't think I need to explain more (read my post, again).

shyhem   

What is the argument all about?We muslims have failled at almost anything meaninigful anybody can think of.Its no surprise that, all the filthy arabs and the equally lazy muslims around the world can contribute is still less than what Norway has offered.

How long should USA bail muslims around the world?remember afghanistan in the 1980s,kuwait in the 90s,kosovo,bosnia,somalia in 93 and now Indonesia.The irony is that i haven't seen indonesian army doing anything good for their citizens at this moment nor did i see any muslim nation army giving a hand to the poor folks in the tsunami zone.All i saw is Australian and American pilots distributing relief food to a crowd of Indonesians.Judging by how the crowd were fighting over the food right inside the American helicopter,i must say these were people terribly failled by their own government.

I think the only thing we muslims are good at is begging the west especially US and than criticing the same hand that feeds us.Well i have a message for my fellow muslims its time for self reflection.Its time to ask what can we the muslims do for the world, and not what can the world do for us.

I'm really sick of muslims all over the world crying "America did this or Israel did this"........it ain't like we don't do others wrong.What have we done for the shiite population of iraq when they were oppressed by the dumbest arab to have ruled present day mesopotamia.Guess who is crying foul play now?Its the sunnis, they know what they did to 'em and now scared to death of the whole election thing.

The bottom line is Islam is a good movie with bad actors.The bad actors been us the muslims spearheaded by the lazy loud mouth Arabs.We can continue to be in the denial process or we can admit that the rest of the world are doing better than us and we should learn from them in a meaningful way.

Baashi   

This is the second time in as many threads that you’ve asked the same question, Baashi! I wouldn’t stoop so low as to patronise you, saaxib. But, for the sake of clarity alone, I’ll have to remind you that this is a Somali site, the poster that initiated this thread is a Somali, ergo the reply was in relation to those facts.

Yes posters are Somalis; yes the venue too is Somali, and yes Somalia happens to be in a mess. But these posters are not responsible the events that are happening in Somalia, they don’t speak on behalf of the Somali nation, and all they are doing is merely putting their two cents on the topic at hand. Why can’t you disagree with the “person†posting without dragging the whole nation through the mud? If your line of reasoning is something to go by, Somali posters should just cease to share their opinions on world events with each other until they take care of their “own houseâ€! That’s unreasonable proposition to me.

Oh! Samsam that poor lil kid! She has been violated, wronged, and abused not by mobs in the street but by government agents! She was from the wrong area, the wrong place at the wrong time for the wrong reason. I wasn’t there and don’t know the facts of that case but since you brought it up I say this much the injustice lil Samsam had to endure could make grown up weep. Expressing outrage is sincere form of sympathizing with the victim particularly if you don’t have the power to relief the victim from her predicament. For some reason you are bothered by the wailing but not the kid’s predicament for you got time to protest against the wailing and the outrage expressed by some but I have yet to see any sympathy for the kid coming from you.

Tone it down sxb! You are an exceptionally gifted man. You are very persuasive and I tend to agree your take on many topics. But sometimes you cross the line :D Btw, your posts are getting haughtier by the count...with this Q.E.D I say impressive icon_razz.gif

king_450   

I wouldn't go far yet for critizing all the Muslim Nations,but again the tell tell sign says all. Ok perhaps we need to look ourself "The Somalis" what are you doing too,can't even reach the reachable goal that is set for us"somali" and here we finger pointing the Arabs, Western and the likes. You know i was wondering in a long time about the Logo of this site"Somali online" just pay atttention the word somali is dark as a charcoal and that is how our heart feels ,dark and talktive society. It proves to me once again never to trust receiving a helping hand from "somalis".Never again will i waste my valuable time with a bunch of doubters and heartless society,peace to y'all.

Originally posted by JustCause:

"You know - being a rich Arab prince isn't so bad. At least you enjoy life on planet Earth - afterlife is something else."

Wind, Are you telling us you have knowledge of afterlife now and who will go where? How do you know you are better than the rich Arab prince? Brother dont judge a book by its cover.

Don't judge a book by its cover - forget Save the Children, you need to Save the Cliche!

I didn't imply to have any foreknowledge of the afterlife - I merely stated that the afterlife for these Arab kings (only Allah is King) and princes "is something else." Which simply places a question mark above their heavily-bearded Arab heads. You can put a question mark above mine - if it makes you feel any better.

TO THOSE who wanna talk about "our" house is on fire blah blah - "our" house ma saarna kawaanka on this thread. We already do enough criticism of "our" house. BUT what an incredibly dumb notion: to limit all discussions on SOL to "our" collective affairs (i.e. since we're Somali, discuss Somalia's plight). Talk about creative restriction. Phew!

Raage   

well thats quite typical of the arabs and muslims to and when it comes to that stage i dont think its a good sign... :(:(:( :mad:

Emperor   

Huu haa heeh reey :D:D:D as usual I don’t make sense at all.

You know I'm starting to believe that we have very “advanced†and “highly educated†members; Thank god at least we have some. Nevertheless life is too boring if your IQ is exceptionally excellent and you hang around with the average persons on the street. Because you will no longer enjoy same stories, conversations nor will you able to share a joke with them, coz your jokes will not sound fanny to them and vice versa. The only option is to find someone (or a community unlike Somalis) with impressive “IQ†like yours to be the same level with them to have mutual values and standards of understandings.

That’s exactly how the coffee smells in here right now, a great talent, but what a waste of talent, which isolates, puts you in a solitary, and differs you from the rest in every aspect. I simply wouldn’t accept it, kinda reminds me the album, Me against the world …………………are you???? :D:D:D GoodLuck

I rest my case

G-noon

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Baashi:

quote: This is the second time in as many threads that you’ve asked the same question, Baashi! I wouldn’t stoop so low as to patronise you, saaxib. But, for the sake of clarity alone, I’ll have to remind you that this is a Somali site, the poster that initiated this thread is a Somali, ergo the reply was in relation to those facts.

Yes posters are Somalis; yes the venue too is Somali, and yes Somalia happens to be in a mess. But these posters are not responsible the events that are happening in Somalia, they don’t speak on behalf of the Somali nation, and all they are doing is merely putting their two cents on the topic at hand. Why can’t you disagree with the “person†posting without dragging the whole nation through the mud? If your line of reasoning is something to go by, Somali posters should just cease to share their opinions on world events with each other until they take care of their “own houseâ€! That’s unreasonable proposition to me.

Oh! Samsam that poor lil kid! She has been violated, wronged, and abused not by mobs in the street but by government agents! She was from the wrong area, the wrong place at the wrong time for the wrong reason. I wasn’t there and don’t know the facts of that case but since you brought it up I say this much the injustice lil Samsam had to endure could make grown up weep. Expressing outrage is sincere form of sympathizing with the victim particularly if you don’t have the power to relief the victim from her predicament. For some reason you are bothered by the wailing but not the kid’s predicament for you got time to protest against the wailing and the outrage expressed by some but I have yet to see any sympathy for the kid coming from you.

Tone it down sxb! You are an exceptionally gifted man. You are very persuasive and I tend to agree your take on many topics. But sometimes you cross the line
:D
Btw, your posts are getting haughtier by the count...with this Q.E.D I say impressive
icon_razz.gifHeh. Where shall I start? Waxba ha kala sarin, saaxib. Somalis are we. They’re my parents, my relatives and my friends. They’re my acquaintances, the people I meet in social gatherings or even when I go to pray. They’re not some strange nation that I don’t belong to and am insulting out of hand. In my first post on this thread, I belittled the author’s rage and prophesised that others will join her soon in condemnation and false pain! What else should I call her and those I speak of other than Somalis? Saaxib, I understand your irritation, I sympathise with it but I don’t set out to “drag our nation through the mudâ€, I merely remind US that our nation is already IN the mud!

As for Somalis ceasing to share their opinions on world events, I gag nobody; I stop no one from “sharing†their opinions. However, when these opinions are ones of a moralistic nature, I cringe, wince and wonder at our total lack of self-awareness! Here, I just can’t help but point out what should be obvious to all. These are discussion forums and the posters start these topics and mean them to be ones of serious natures, but their final products do nothing but disappoint. Am I wrong in declaring my disappointment?

As for Samsam’s case, when you say you “have yet to see any sympathy coming from youâ€, how do you measure that? Would the few lines expressing my disappointment have been sufficient or should I have written an entire thread detailing all the feelings and emotions going through my head as the “real†story of this poor girl unfolded? Saaxib, there is nothing wrong with outrage in such a situation. A show of emotion is and should be expected from any decent person. The problems arise when this outrage and emotion become synonyms with the case whilst logic, reason and sanity are viewed as cold hearted and indifferent! There has to come a point when the wailing stops and the analysing begins. Could you seriously tell me that the majority of the pieces written about this case on this website have been anything but weeping and wailing, accusations and counter allegations, suppositions and retaliatory assumptions, total and utter pandemonium?

The haughtiness you perceive is simply my dissatisfaction with the way we discuss serious events. :(

Ngoonge.

You are it again eh?, defending where no defending needed.

What i fail to understand is, are you the spokes-OLD-person for all things arab?

What gives you the need to come and defend anything arab?

Well, i have an issue with an arab thing, maybe You can help me.

See lately i have been dissastified with my Local Arab grocery. they used to make one of the best Shawarma,but maybe hes too preoccupied with the dept of homeland security sniffing his tail all around.maybe he lost a relative in baghdad. whatever his reasons,he's not been marinating the chicken too well,the sauce is not thick enough.his garlic seems tasteless. his ceysh is all tartered up.i figured maybe you can help me out with this. you know give me sttats,tips anything on how to help this arab. you seem to know alot about arabs, am sure the food is not exception

one distressed brotha

can

wouldn’t stoop so low as to patronise you [baashi]!

...How about the rest of us? You are more than patronising and calling us acronyms [QED]! Latin, for Allah's sake! We can barely handle english, and you are using terms of dead tongue that we can't make a head and a tail of.

As Baashi said, tone it down, walaalo. This is madal for the good, the bad and the ugly. Everyone will throw in their towel, no matter how wet and stinky!

P.S. Whatever happened to these are words on screen, only words on screen! ----your signature, i guess.

were racists. heck we somalis dont even have the social upperhand and were still racists. this ummah can barely stand to look at one another. why arent gulf states giving more? well you tend to feel sympathy for those you have a common ground with and as our own history shows, islam isnt enough anymore. i too wish they would do more, theyre wealthy, theyre our bros and sisters in islam itd be a beautiful act that demonstrates our unity... except were not united. half the time were the ones killing ourselves. lower yr expectations folks. pointing fingers in this case is completely unecessary since were all to blame. in fact all it does is seperate us even more and cause more ill feelings towards our brothers and sisters (like it or not were a family, albeit a dysfunctional one).

and as for those quoting western media, i thought we all agreed they cnt be trusted, especially on topics related to islam.