AID BY MUSLIM GOVERNMENTS

BAHRAIN $2.6m

BRUNEI (remember the sultan was the richest man in the world at one point) $0m

KUWAIT 12.9m

LIBYA $2.6m

SAUDI ARABIA $12.9m

TURKEY $1.6m

UAE $25.68m this was from an initial 2.6 million redface.gif

Much respect to Qatar who came out initially with $32.2m ....one thinks they shamed their neighbouring states into a higher pledge.

another on the list is Iran $0mbut considering the people of Bam still live in camps today i might be a little leniant...sad still considering even Mozambique contributed the little they could.

If this is the state of the Muslim ummah today it is a sad and sorry situation it reminds me of something Rakiya Omaar had said when she was criticising the gulf states for their abysmal contribution during the famine in Somalia. That it appears as if these states only react when there is some sort of politcal football in the west involved.

NGONGE   

Rage with me, dear, rage with me. It's the best Somali pastime this. We cry and complain at everything. I suppose people have had enough weeping about poor old Samsam and now it’s the Tusanami thing, eh? The victims, devastation, efforts and contributions don’t really matter; all that matters is YOUR rage! Well, rage on, my sister. I’m sure they’ll be a few others joining you shortly.

In the meantime, maybe you should revise your numbers. ;)

Saudis

Dubai

First on the scene - Dubai again

Private firms do their bits too!

40 Tons of supplies in 48 hours? NO!

Oh look! A Jewish paper agrees with you! ( Read the article)

How much did the Saudis pay again?

Criticism from within!

If you google, you will find smile.gif

Waan ku raacsanahay gabarta ka xanaaqday arinta ey carabtu ku kacday markeey umadii islaamka ahaa daadadku wax kasoo gaareen. Waxaa jirta Qoraal maalin dhaweyd lagu soo qoray Jaraa'idka la yiraahdo (Wall Street Journal) oo ka hadlaya sanadkii 2003 lacagaha hay'ada UN-ta ee WFP lasiiyo ineey ugu yaryihiin wadamada Islaamka, gaar ahaan, Carabta shidaalka ka dhargay.

Koleey aniga Soomaali baan ka ahay, Wixii Muslim ah ilaah haka leexiyo Masiibooyinka socda, wixii dhibaata ahna gaalaan ku ogahay. Waxa carabta ka jira oo dhan macaa siyaasada Middles East waxaa masoo ka ah reer Galbeed. Period. Anyone can come to enlight me if otherwise exists in there!

Princes is right...

The Saudi's Paid $50 billion to get Iraq out of Kuwait and this money went to who else.

redface.gif

94,000 Indonesains perished, more than half the whole number of souls lost to the Tsunami disaster.

Japan has pledged 500 million dollars :mad:

Gulf states are a joke, but NGOON[the self hating Somali] will no doubt give us his waffle as usual. :D

You know - being a rich Arab prince isn't so bad. At least you enjoy life on planet Earth - afterlife is something else. But what does one gain from kissing the oily a$$ of rich Arab leaders? Go figure.

Kudos to Japan. GW Bush first proposed $15 million for aid while attending lavish 40-million-dollar venues in D.C. After much criticism, he was forced to change the aid to $350 million. But the $15 million was still better than them Gulf cowards!

Baashi   

Folks,

Americans got defensive ever since the UN representive uttered the "stingy" word pointing the finger at the rich nations (West). These comparison (who paid how much) charts is all over the news and I'm not sure why some of us would want to single out Somalis. This is just an observation and there is no need to generalize Somalis.

Is it me or somehow it's becaming fashionable nowadays to diss Somalis?

Btw, Ngonge why bring Samsam into this discussion sxb?

^^

Some want the world to believe that Samsam was an assassin. So bringing her up in every discussion will help ascertain that we get it - that a poor, confused teenage girl had masterminded an attempted assissination. Did someone say Bond, James Bond? :D

Oh. I almost forgot - I'm not ashamed coz I ain't no Arab.

Emperor   

I wonder why some of the SOLers take this too serious, to another level.

NGO can I borrow your singnature for once pal,

It's only words on a screen, words on a screen! - NGONGE

G-day

Mr Smith enlighten us, how is Princes right? The whole of EU governments paid less donation than the gulf Arab states. If you dont believe me check it out. You are telling us Japan pledged 500 Million dollars, how much of that money is today reaching the victims of the disaster? Anyone can pledge and then never pay. Remember the conference for Afghanistan, how much was pledged and how much is paid reached the Afghan government and its people today?

Most of the donation in the UK is paid by the average person on the street and the government just pledged to double the amount its citizens pay. On top of that, the banks in the UK were making huge profits from the money donated by the public, until they were shamed yesterday they have given up that money. So before you criticize for the sake of it, check the facts first.

"You know - being a rich Arab prince isn't so bad. At least you enjoy life on planet Earth - afterlife is something else."

Wind, Are you telling us you have knowledge of afterlife now and who will go where? How do you know you are better than the rich Arab prince? Brother dont judge a book by its cover.

Tuujiye   

Waraa the point is the ISlamic world is in the lowest point ever.....

80% of the people that died in tsunami are muslims, and we muslims are the ones that are helping our people the least..ufff..

I hope is clear in your minds that the reason why their is muslim blood is every were..

Allah forgets those who forget him..Subxanalah..

wareer badanaa!!!!!

Just Cause,

I dont know where you are getting your figures Britian alone is pledging more than 100 million dollars. When you hear Libya will donate $2 million and Micheale Schumacher formula 1 champion donating 10 million you get the picture right.

Another thing this Tsunami has caused havoc to Mulsim states such as Malaysia, Somalia and Indonesia. The later losing nearly 100,000 people. Yet people are making excuses.

juba   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

"Japan has pledged 500 million dollars" :mad:

who knew! last country i would expect! go japan!

-------------------------->

, "but NGOON[the self hating Somali] will no doubt give us his waffle as usual. :D "

:D:D

------------------------->

nomadic princess i understand where your coming from. its distressing to see this lack of support and help from the people who should be giving it the most. I hope they shape up and realize they are the only muslims countries capable of large donations. :(

NGONGE   

The others taking part in this “discussionâ€, again, didn’t post anything worth responding to (though I’ve got to single out the clever person that misinterpreted the “words on a screen†signature for completely missing the whole point - Still, even there, others beat him to it in the past). :D

Originally posted by Baashi:

Folks,

Americans got defensive ever since the UN representive uttered the "stingy" word pointing the finger at the rich nations (West). These comparison (who paid how much) charts is all over the news and I'm not sure why some of us would want to single out Somalis. This is just an observation and there is no need to generalize Somalis.

Is it me or somehow it's becaming fashionable nowadays to diss Somalis?

Btw, Ngonge why bring Samsam into this discussion sxb?

This is the second time in as many threads that you’ve asked the same question, Baashi! I wouldn’t stoop so low as to patronise you, saaxib. But, for the sake of clarity alone, I’ll have to remind you that this is a Somali site, the poster that initiated this thread is a Somali, ergo the reply was in relation to those facts.

When a person (or people) decide to take the moral high ground on an issue, their own house needs to be in order. Again, I suspect that you’ll stick with your “don’t generalise†standpoint but I’ll again brush it aside and insist on generalising here. What’s at stake here is not decorum and proper ways of verifying “facts†alone, what’s at stake here is an entire nation’s attitude. I don’t need to comment on the Arabs, Indians or Chinese. Their achievements or failures do not reflect on me and have no bearing on my life. With Somalis on the other hand, it all counts. Some of these peusdo-intellectuals are my fellow citizens, their opinions and attitudes; if allowed to spread (which they already have) will impact on my life and yours. Their so-called intellectualism, education and yet to be seen wisdom, does not (shockingly) differ much from the thoughts, opinions and attitudes of your ordinary “Jaahil†in the streets of Somalia (and elsewhere). Their words, though eloquently and elegantly typed are replicas of what’s to be found in an everyday mafrash! They ARE the Somali people.

My comments are not aimed at those who pen well-thought and reasonable pieces, replies or articles (of which you are one, though you seem to be wavering today). My comments are aimed at the moral guardians, the panic stricken weepers, the dogged social commentators (of which we have far too many on this site).

You ask me why I brought Samsam into this discussion, I rather thought it was obvious, saaxib! I was goading the impulsive and emotionally suspect members amongst us. Worked a treat I’d say.

But, seriously, and moving on from the emotional types and what little bones I threw their way, you’ve got to read the comments in the context they were written in and in relation to the trends of this site. A few weeks ago, Samsam’s story was all the rage. The same usual suspects were regaling us with their great wisdom and appealing to our emotions (as usual). The moral panic never looked like it was ending! Apart from a few serious and thought provoking comments on the issue (from the better to do Nomads of course), the majority (on both sides) were just weeping and wailing. Now, the Arab issue is the “in†thing, the rage continues, the weeping and wailing is building momentum, the fingers are wagging again!

On both topics, we’re yet to see any rational comments addressing the causes, consequences and implications of the actual acts. Again, my starting point has always been that intelligent people populate this site (though it’s fair to call a few of them “life formsâ€). It is a great shame that this “intelligence†is not often displayed. If you are happy with the quality of posts and would rather nitpick on issues such as generalising Somalis, be my guest saaxib. I’ve always said that many of our brothers here need to work on curbing their emotions. I’ll continue on saying it for I hate to see seemingly smart people (give or take the odd cretin) wasting their talents and allowing themselves to be led by the mob.

I might as well add that, once more, I don’t expect the emotionally afflicted to understand a word of this (I’ve left plenty of bones for them to grapple with).

bilan   

i guess some people are suggesting since we are somalis, we should not talk about anything except the warlords,SL and PL, but what about those of us who are not interested in those things. i would like to know when people diss somalis are they exceptional? or they do not consider themselves to be somalis.

cajaa'ib