Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

VIDEO: Big fight over the infamous cartoon. Chaos.

^^ I think taking a human life would get you into more trouble with God than mocking one of his messengers... so what do you think is the solution?

I'm not saying they should be skinned alive however, if they dont heed the warning, they should atleast get slapped around silly. The ONLY soltution is to leave relgious beliefs and figures alone. Express your views in taste.

He did not make the video, he was showing it as part of his lecture. The disturbing video was made a while ago by an iranian female residing somewhere in the netherlands I think. The lecture was about the limits of free speech in Art, etc etc.(something to those lines)

[/QB]

What an utterly pathetic excuse.

ailamos   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

quote: ^^ I think taking a human life would get you into more trouble with God than mocking one of his messengers... so what do you think is the solution?

I'm not saying they should be skinned alive however, if they dont heed the warning, they should atleast get slapped around silly. The ONLY soltution is to leave relgious beliefs and figures alone. Express your views in taste.
LOL@Express your views in taste... you can't expect people without taste to express their views tastefully yaa C&H... when people try to piss you off you give them the satisfaction by getting pissed off, either ignore them and they'll go elsewhere or rebut them without getting angry.

STOIC   

What a shame! I must say that sometimes as a Muslims we should be cool-headed and practice restrain.We shall not merit our grievances through shouts and physical attacks as this will not have effect in rhetoric or dialogues.If you are the type that doesn't give in to egregious propaganda of the daily media talk shows you would realize that what the cartoon portrayed was offensive.We should seek to create a constructive alternatives of thoughts and actions whenever we get the urge to shout Allahu-Akbaar...We should not be recalcitrant to the rule of the land we all call home brothers and sisters in Islam...

Blessed   

I wouldn't be cool headed when someone I love gets insulted in that manner in my presence and I'm not a violent person.

Naxar,

She's defending freedom of speech here and was lynching a nomad for his views in another thread.

Tuujiye   

^^^^ Blessed, abaayo umadaan dhan waxa ee gaalo ku noqdeen waa freedomkaas.... Waxaan dhacaya maanta waa lasoo wada marsiiyey diin kaste specially mida kirishtaanka... sidii farta loogu fiiqaya wax kaste oo xukun ah ee heysteen iyo anything else oo mamnuuc ka ahaa, wee dabceen... Maanta Kirishtaankii sidii ee buug cusub usoo saarayeen si ee u dhahaan diinteena waa Modern, kaniisadihii ayaa loo firaaqeeyey..waxa maanta Kirishtaan si rasmi ah u raacsan wey sii yaraanayaan maxaa yeelay diintii dhan waxaa laga qaaday qiimaheedii.... Heer waxee gaareen in ladhaho waa qasab in baadariga uu isku guuriyo labo nin (subxaanalaah)...

Waxaan Gaalada ahi oo aan ilaah aaminsaneyn mala socdaan in Quraanka lugu sheegay in umad ayaga oo kale ahi ee soo bixi doonto lool.. Maanta Muslimka meel kaste ayaa laga duqeynayaa..siyaasad ha ahaato ama way of life lool.. wadamadoodi ayaa laga wada qaribay si ee dhul gaalo ugu soo cararaan..Markee yimaadeen dhulkii gaaladana, meeshee diintooda si fiican u baran lahaayeen oo ee iimaankooda u adkeyn lahaayeen, Freedom speech ayaa la baray..waa easy sida lugu gaaleeyo qof aan xidid laheyn iyo aqoon culus... xidid malaha oo dhulkiisi ayaa laga qaribay oo kuwii kunoolaana laga dhigay barbaric, aqoona malaha because dhulkii gaalada ayuu la qabsaday iyo noloshaas diin la'aanta ahi...

War dadkaan u doodaya waxaan oo kale ha iskaga luminina waqti ee iska dhaafa oo arka meesha ee freedom of speech ka tuurto loool.... Diin kaste oo aduunka jirta maanta "freedom of speech" ayaa lugu dilay.... freedom of speech aan aheyn midii daacada aheyn oo aan xad dhaafa aheyn...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

LOL@Express your views in taste... you can't expect people without taste to express their views tastefully yaa C&H... when people try to piss you off you give them the satisfaction by getting pissed off, either ignore them and they'll go elsewhere or rebut them without getting angry.

There is a third option hence the thriving prisons. icon_razz.gif

On a serious note, if someone follows you around or your wife, sister or mother describing them in graphic sexual terms accompanied by visual work, how many times can you ignore or rebut their claims before your hand or foot hits their face? Some people just need a good old beating or the threat of having bodyguards for the rest of their lives.

The west is a hypocrite buch of, they talk about freedom of speech there is no such a freedom of speech, there is some sort of limited version of real fredom of speech, just to prove them wrong go and do the same drawing in question this time change roles say one is Prince Gustav Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten the other one is the adolf hitler himself engaged in the same actions as that of drawings in question [this thread] and see what happens. Would universities allow this guy to come and display/screen his new found interest? Hell no. Another unrelated and fine example is just to replace the word muslim with the word jewish and also Islam with Judaism and mosque with synagogue then come back few days later and see whether this website still exists and doing business or not. Hypocrisy at its best!

Abyan   

^^Why are you giving the website more publicity. This reminds me of the danish cartoon incident in 2005 , getting emails from other muslims about website of the cartoons and how these gaaladaan are , when infact the website was getting more hits due to the amount of people visiting it.