Sign in to follow this  
Sky

Somali RB - Hot or Not?

Sky   

What do you guys think of Somali HipHop? Does it have the potential to be mature or is it just a little bit of comedy on our MP3. Brothers with talent are popping up these days. Somali music really has a bright future and who knows it might be used to make a positive difference among the different Somali communities. I even hear lately that Somali music artists and their Ethiopian counterparts are working together, exchanging ideas and beats.

Listen to this track and tell me if its Hot or Not

nafta   

When I first heard this tune, I was like whoa...the Somali answer to Usher has arrived! (ok, that might be exagerating it a bit, but you gotta admit the beat is similar to "you got it bad").

Laakin, it's over played. You hear it at every wedding and it's lost some of it ambience. The same with the other song Bella which is on the same album.

Nevertheless, full points for the fact that they've produced something different than the

usual songs about Casho and beeraha :cool:

P.S. their whole album is quite nice.

Its terrible ...

its got the backing of a bad late eighties early nineties new jack swing tune.. it just make me think of skinies in 5 sizes too big 3-piece suits.. sipping an orange juice coctail

Goonle   

Originally posted by waryaa_liibaanow:

I thought I heard this somewhere...I downloaded this off Kazaa!!Good song....it's hot.

Brother u still using KAZAA? Man u gonna kill your computer. Go to emule.com much clearer music, and u can download lots of new movies as well.

Paragon   

^^^ The song is from Moonlight Album of 2002/3 (not sure) by a band called Bella something. You can find the whole album in Somaliuk.com music section. In actual terms, this particular song and others which they sung with new instruments are old songs. They have good music, and also add some of 'avegardo's (ironically a dutch somali rapping in english :D ) rap in their singings.

For more tracks, click HERE

This SONG got me to notice them. I heard it in the most unusual place, in a jazz record shop by a girl from Mombasa that I use to borrow Taarab tracks from.

"dhaayaheegaad eheedee" smile.gif Nice!

Sky   

True Jamaal. I personally heard this song in a Somali Shop in Columbus, Ohio 2 years ago for the first time. Since then I've been hearing it on almost every aroos or parties.

Originally posted by Goonle:

Go to emule.com much clearer music, and u can download lots of new movies as well.

Why this emule.com is not working for me ,,, it the address is incorrect ???

Can anyone tell me when i can listen/download songs for free like KAZAA ,,,, which is safer and clearer than kazaa ??

Som@li   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Can anyone tell me when i can listen/download songs for free like KAZAA ,,,, which is safer and clearer than kazaa ?? [/QB]

SaXB,Check Morpheus or Edonkey,i used to use them adn they way better than Kazaa

morpheus

Edonkey

But for large files,such as movies, i would recommend 4 you to use the best p2p application,bittorent and its clients.

I find BItcomet,a bittornet client 2 be very good>>>

bitcomet

bittorrent

Btw,what kinda connection you got? If you are usign dail-up,You can never enjoy these softwares.

Intel   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Can anyone tell me when i can listen/download songs for free like KAZAA which is safer and clearer than kazaa

soulseek

^^ yep soulseek is fantastic i use it a lot ...

wrt the R&B .. kidz what wrong with your ears ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you've been listing to too many over amplified over produced over sampled american music way too much ...

this song does nothing .. admitted he's got a good voice, but it sounds like the sound track to miami vice !!!

where is the horn sections going bam bam bram bam, beating you with the melody and the african

the guitars with daa raa raah, daa raa raah ,daa raa raah bringing you in out of the rythm ..

the hypnotic beats dum dum drum da dum, dum dum drum da dum .. the biting lyrics that ripped evry one up...

u know the kinda stuff that u cant keep u're still for .. the man just makes we wanna give him a slap and tell him to get out of it

examples

Hombabro -- Bashiir Xaddi & Hibo Mohamed - Hibo Nuura

Ra'yi -- M. Mursal, Hibo & Nakruuma