Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Women Feel 'Contempt' For Shy Men

Ibtisam   

^^^Yeah but I don't post a thread, asking why did A&T act like that, why did he say this, boohoo, haa naaloo garanaaqo, yad yad ya, siidaan maa fair baa, like you do. Shiid. Sometimes you just do it over nothing.

I forget when I argue with someone online within few mins, you remember them and carry them around, moaning about them for weeks. LEt it go.

Abtigiis   

Without being defensive, it is more of style of argument than reflection of feelings. Maybe it is not a good way of argument as well.

Cara.   

A&T, I do care what people think. That's why I'm so nice to you :D

Is Weylo-lagu-xidh a real place?

Abtigiis   

JB- you take advise when you agree with it (like in the case of the aviatar). Not when you don't. I told you I don't agree with Ibtisam's assessment, and that is not why I don't take it.

Plus Cara has an agenda! [waa wixii la iga waaninayay] :D Waxay igu samaysay waxba kama ogid adigu!

Edit- so nice to me? I don't want to see when you are mean!

Ibtisam   

^^You don't have to, it is just a point of view shared by a number of people here on SOL. (Now don't go and open a thread saying who thinks I am this iyo that.) :D

Do as you please dear, no one can or wants to control you.

A&T, you don't take my advice coz you think i'm a rival to you. You don't take Ibtisam's coz you don't agree with her. You don't take Cara's coz she has an agenda ,,,,,,,,,,, and yet you contine whinning ,,,

Yaad wax ka maqashaa markaa bal aanu doonee ,, ?? :D

Abtigiis   

Exactly Ibti. It is a perception that needs to be corrected. It is just a way of talking that I see Ibtisam in one thread and start by reminding her of something that happend the other day. There are ABSOLUTELY no emotions attached. Of course, no one cares to see the feelings of the man behind the screen. Hence, it is a way that needs to be jettisoned.

The whinning will continue for sometime I guess because it hides an achilles heel that is to do with being too aggressive, if fighting back. Better be the crying one than the bullying one.

CARA

Don't you think it is time to wind up all the fuss about the feminism thing? You know meeshuu ka biloowday. Maad af-jartid?

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

A&T, you don't take my advice coz you think i'm a rival to you. You don't take Ibtisam's coz you don't agree with her. You don't take Cara's coz she has an agenda ,,,,,,,,,,, and yet you contine whinning ,,,

Yaad wax ka maqashaa markaa bal aanu doonee ,, ??
:D

Try Ngonge, Xinn, Ducaysane, and a lot more as emissaries. Their record is unblemished. Ibtisam is fine, but her reading is wrong.

Cara is a non-starter. Iyada arimo kale ayaa jira (just kidding waryaa.) :D

STOIC   

I think shyness comes with having weak self-image. It is the inner self-awareness plus the experience of believing in fallacies what others perceive of you that leads to shyness’. It is the sensitivity of what others perceive of us that leads us to focus centrally on our selves while shutting others and things around us. I’m a silent person and this creep my friends out sometimes when we are driving but that doesn’t mean that I'm a shy guy! If you cancel out the anxieties that questions every move you made I think you can easily overcome shyness by being bold and not so much aggressive. We all have unique qualities and different ways of expressing ourselves. Some feel uncomfortable when attention is put on them while others are happy in getting the attention. Some may call me awkward or self-conscious person, but I think that if you accept who you are I think it will be easy to deal with others! If you are shy guy and having problem with the ladies I think it will be easy if you can relinquish perfectionism and make a move in your own swagger! I doubt if bashfulness is a psychiatric disorder it is just a normal behavior

PS Trolling is a bad habit.I thought twice about responding to this topic.I can't even write a full paragraph now..trolling is bad!

Pucca   

a pinch of shyness is never a bad thing, for women and men, and there's nothing wrong with a shy man..its kinda cute actually.

hmm *shy, khamees, korean, tall*

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

quote:Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

Yaad wax ka maqashaa markaa bal aanu doonee ,, ??

Try Ngonge, Xinn, Ducaysane, and a lot more as emissaries. Their record is unblemished. Ibtisam is fine, but her reading is wrong.

Cara is a non-starter. Iyada arimo kale ayaa jira (just kidding waryaa.)
I'm sure if they come and agree with Ibtisam you will not listen to them either. Niyow sidan si isu dhaan ,, :D

looooooooool@STOIC ,,,,, No actually trolling is very good.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by STOIC:

I think shyness comes with having weak self-image.

I don't agree with it. It could be true for some cases and not for others. I know people who can't say a word in front of two strangers, but think highly of themselves when with friends. The upbringing has a role. And the social values that are being espoused by the larger society. For a somali who grew up amid a society that regards silence and disengagement as a good trait, it will be difficult to accept being proactive in meetings [however knowledgeable you are about the subject under discussion] as a good thing.

Looking for undue attention infront of a lot of people is a bad thing for some; for some it is a measure of how confident you are.

When I sat for a job interview some years back, a European collegue who was advising me on what to do with the interview insisted I should emphasise the word 'I' in the session so that the interviewing panel sees what I am capable of doing. Now, when you are asked if you can narrate any example of a successful team that you have been part of and why it has worked that way, will you start by saying 'I' did this or that; or will you say 'we'.

The European insisted that I keep on singling out my role, which alone wouldn't have achieved anything.