Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Caydh-Gate: Post Reaction

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

^It's 50% of whatever is over 35k. Say you earn 70k. You will be taxed 22% of 35k and 50% of 35k. At least thsts what I think it is.

You're both wrong. :D

The first £37,400 of your income is taxed at 20% (not 22, that's the old rate).

anything over £37,400 is taxed at 40%.

From 2010 those on £150,000 or more are taxed at 50% (only the amount over £150,000 is taxed at 50% and not the entire income).

Originally posted by cynical lady:

LOL.@

A pity that our name and honour are being dragged in the street

For a supposedly educated community, no one has written to the papers and made complaints of this negative portrayal of our community

We are now a settled community

People are still convinced Somalis are refugees and asylum seekers.

the truth of Somalis as hard working and part of British society as been deplorable

Hahaha....

Can you share the joke please? Its often people like you, with no sense of self who are responsible for these attack on the somali community.

BTW, many kenyan's are claiming aslyum as somalis these days, are you actually of somali origins CL?

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by Norfsky:

^It's 50% of whatever is over 35k. Say you earn 70k. You will be taxed 22% of 35k and 50% of 35k. At least thsts what I think it is.

You're both wrong.
:D

From 2010 those on £150,000 or more are taxed at 50% (only the amount over £150,000 is taxed at 50% and not the entire income).
So if you make £38 000 a year and pay 40% income tax, council tax, car tax, TV licence... then I'm never leaving university.

Khayr   

So thats where all my money goessss.....

Thats it, I'm getting another job and splitting my income and names.

Job 1 - Khayr Awal

Job 2 - Khay Thani :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by 2+2=5:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:

Originally posted by Norfsky:

You're both wrong.
:D

So if you make £38 000 a year and pay 40% income tax, council tax, car tax, TV licence... then I'm never leaving university.
You will be doing ok on 38K. Only £600 of that will be taxed at the higher rate. The rest will be taxed at 20% (not forgetting your tax free allowance, which will probably be on the first 6 grand or so).

Ngonge, OK I get it, so it's everything that goes over £37,400 will be taxed at 40% and not the whole income. Cheerio!

Maximus, there is no 'the economy' there's only 'your economy'. Chuck Norris doesn't care about the recession, and neither does 5!

NGONGE   

^^ I know. But it would have not sounded convincing enough if I said eight months. :D

2+2=5, your name works perfectly on this whole thing. Some people argue that's how governments calculate tax.

Baluug   

Wow, no bloody wonder so many Somali brits are either on benefits or not declaring their income. @40% tax, I wouldn't want to get a job either!! LOL

And I thought Canada was bad, but after working it out on the old calculator icon_razz.gif I paid about 24.5% for income tax, C.P.P.(Canada pension plan) and U.I.(Unemployment insurance) Of course it's probably higher if you make more money but I only made 50K.

As for the original topic, I don't think anyone will dispute that most of us, myself included, have used the social services programs of our country at one time or another, and we are grateful for getting that help when we may have had no other option at the time, or for those of us who have never needed those services, I am sure that they feel secure knowing that those programs are in place in case they do need to use them someday. This is not a problem and I'm sure most people have no problem seeing their tax money go towards these programs.

What is a problem though is the few that abuse the system, who stay on welfare for years when they are able-bodied and have no good reason to be on welfare anyways. As for Bashir and Nasra, whether they have been on cey*r ever since they came to England in 1991, most of us don't know, and as Muslims we should give them the benefit of the doubt and as Nabi Muhammad SCW said, give them 70 excuses. But if they have been on welfare for the last 18 yrs and just can't be bothered to find a job, or think it's OK to abuse the gov't cuz they're kafirs, then that's despicable and unislamic, and it doesn't matter what their nationality is, anyone who does something like this is doing something despicable and will have a hard time earning my respect.