Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Caydh-Gate: Post Reaction

I would like to say, let’s not condemn people. Most Somalis, I am sure you'd agree have grown up on the system whether it was through caydh or other state funded provisions. I think it would be hypercritical for many of us to turn our back and judge this family. I think the situation has been blown out of proportional and I am sure we don't have the facts of this family and their situation. The Tabloids are deliberately trying to ignite a fire and we shouldn't fall for this fallacy. I am actually shocked by the number of Somalis on SOL who have made unnecessary and judgemental remarks. Its a pity that our name and honour are being dragged in the street. For a supposedly educated community, no one has written to the papers and made complaints of this negative portrayal of our community.

We are now a settled community, I don't envisage any Somali person packing up any time soon and returning home voluntarily. We need to work for our place among this multicultural society we live and aim to portray a positive picture of our community. People are still convinced Somalis are refugees and asylum seekers. Its shame runnti! Both our lack of reaction to this negative coverage and failure to communicate the truth of Somalis as hard working and part of British society as been deplorable.

excuse me? Baal noo sheeg if you learnt English in a private boarding school in middle England, while your parents sipped cognac or in an inner city london,slums of Jo'Burg or Eastleigh, hoods of ohio and Minneapolis or the ghettos of Toronto, while your parents lived on welfare and benefits and struggled to make ends meet!

Curly   

I think this topic has already been discussed well enough.

Your poll questions need a little bit more thought, like having a point would help. icon_razz.gif

LOL.@

A pity that our name and honour are being dragged in the street

For a supposedly educated community, no one has written to the papers and made complaints of this negative portrayal of our community

We are now a settled community

People are still convinced Somalis are refugees and asylum seekers.

the truth of Somalis as hard working and part of British society as been deplorable

Hahaha....

Malika- mamboz bibiye...za hali na za eidi? mwenzako miye nemeji shendelia kwa uhakika. sasa hivi ngo hazi ni toshi nakwambia.

walendo wana kimbelembele sana siwajua utafikiri wao wenyewe ni mainnocent. mwenzako mia na cheka tu leo...wameamua kutoka kwa force na misplaced-mahasira. vichekisho hayo.

Hamse   

i figured people who are complaining about the unfortunate incidents are at the low end of the chain themselves. they are mostly blue-collar Somali workers who don't make a lot of money. they are angry somehow just like the teabaggers in the usa who think blacks are taking away their money. you will never see wealthy or middle-class complaining about these petty things. in my opinion, there is the deeper problem some SOLers need to work on themselves. why are you making minimum or not-enough wage? why can't you get a decent paying job and live a comfortable life? a mother with 5 getting caydh is not a big deal. there are corporate cheats who steal millions of your tax dollars every minute.

smokescreen.

get a better job is my advice.

I definately agree with hamsa, i am a nurse and I make enough so either way i would have to pay tax, so i dont mind cause i know that $200 dollars from pay cheque would be helping someone else to live.

Curly   

It's a little different for us Brits,

£35,000 or under tax is 22% of your salary and 40% if your earning over £35,000 and that's not including National insurance tax.

The idea that anyone is abusing taxpayers money and that includes MPs and bogus benefit claims annoy me!

N.O.R.F   

^It's 50% of whatever is over 35k. Say you earn 70k. You will be taxed 22% of 35k and 50% of 35k. At least thsts what I think it is.