Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Libya's Kadafi Defends Somali Pirates

ETH03_AFRICA-SUMMIT-GADDAFI.jpg

Gaddafi defends Somali pirates

Daily Nation

Addis Ababa, Thursday

AU chairman Muammar Gaddafi has said that his priority will be to claim colonial compensation and to limit the power of Western nations

The Libyan leader further said he believed that piracy was a way of counter defence against the greedy Western nations.

Col Gaddafi expressed the sentiments Thursday morning when he paid his first day official visit to African Union head quarter in Addis Ababa. He addressed AU officials and staff.

Col Gaddafi wore a colourful shirt decorated with Africa Union founding fathers portraits including Tanzanian Julius Nyerere, Ethiopian Haile Selassie, Kenyan Jomo Kenyatta, and Ghanaian Kwame Nkrumah.

During the inaugural tour, Col Gaddafi revealed his plan for the next seasons, saying he doesn’t believe that Somalia piracy was a crime.

“It is a response to greedy Western nations, who invade and exploit Somalia’s water resources illegally,’’ he said.

“It is not a piracy, it is self defence. It is defending the Somalia children’s food,” Col Gaddafi argued.

He pointed out that some countries, particularly Western nations, were penetrating into a Somalia’s sovereign water territory, against the international law .

European, the US and China fleets are entering in the sovereign Somalia territory, because Africa doesn’t have strong and modern defence to push them back, Col Gaddafi said.

Nowadays, Somalis are reacting for justice and trying to defend their country against the unfair exploitation of resources, but Western countries have labelled it as piracy, Gaddafi explained.

The long-serving Libyan leader said he planned to convince other African leaders to claim compensation from colonial masters for their crimes and exploitation during the colonial era.

He disclosed that Libya will this week be claiming quarter billion dollars per year for the next 20 years compensation from Italy.

He said it was a time to ask Western world to pay for Africa’s past suffering and exploitation.

Italian parliament has agreed to pay the money to Libya, he said

Col Gaddafi has refused any invitation from Italy for official visit for the past 40 years as part of his protest and claim.

During my term in AU, I will initiate an organised compensation claim for Africa and I will fight for a greater voice for Africa in the United Nations Security Council.

“If they (Western nations) do not want to live with us fairly, it is our planet and they can go to other planet,” Gaddafi added.

Tuujiye   

Ninkaan waa rageedi walaahi. I always loved him and his leadership. Dhinaca diinta asaga iyo ilaahey bee ka dhexeesaa.

Ninkaan tried many times to wake the rest of Africa up and get them to help eachother and to stop the need the need of the west but no one in Africa thinks great like he does.

Wareer Badanaa!!

Abwaan   

This guy is crazy and dangerous. I don't think anybody understood the question Norf1 asked us here. The same Qadafi was with Ethiopia during 1977 war.

We know that the main cause for Somali piracy was the illegal fishing by foreign pirates but in the long term pirates are not good for Somalia. They might be a huge problem for Somalia and ships coming to our ports once the country gets stable unless we build a srong army and navy.

Waddankiisa ayaa nabad u ah marka Soomaaliya muxuu u qabtay aan ka ahayn inuu hub ku soo daldalo. The guy never built a hospital or school and all I cam remember is hub uu Soomaaliya weligiis ku soo daldalo.

Seafaring is part of our genetic instincts, usually sea affiliated ancient cultures come from the same Somalid gene pool.

Regions that produced Seafaring cultures; Southern Greece & Coastal Algeria & Coastal Lebanon all regions with very high % of SOmalid genes

NASSIR   

Piracy and Al-shabab indeed forced the great powers to rethink their old policies of aiding Ethiopians who are extremely inferior to Somalis' drive, adventure, individualism, and strong faith in their capacity to do better and excell. What if the same ill-conceived policy were reversed in favor of Somalia? We would have overtaken East and Horn of Africa.

what a crack-head? hes is the au chief now..god bless africa. Well hes right at this time.

But tell me this... why libya jails somali refugees and charges them money for their release. my family just paid 1500 dollar to bail out a cousin!! guess, some one needs to pay for his pyscho medicine. what a moran!!

Ismahaan   

Somalia had become a dumping ground for toxic waste by unscrupulous western as well as Asian companies. These firms (some of them well known) destroyed the somali coastline.The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) has recently reported that “Somalia has been used as a dumping ground for hazardous waste starting from the early 1990s and continuing through the civil war there. Since 1990s tonnes of illegal nuclear and chemical waste have been dumped along the Somali coastline.

Lack of an effective central government, low public awareness, and the absence of a coastguard make our beloved country a uniquely cheap and attractive dumping ground for unscrupulous firms. The other more damaging economically and environmentally is the massive illegal foreign fishing piracy that have been poaching and destroying the Somali marine resources for the last 20 years. These issues need to be tackled sooner than later.

In my point of view the pirates are doing a good job by defending,patrolling and guarding the coastline of our land, since there's no functional government who can take control of its affairs.

Yes we have no functioning,effective government but we do have Somali citizens...people with flesh and blood who need to earn a living to feed their families. We have no other choice because when people lose hope they take desperate measures to alleviate their pains.

Cawaale   

we are used to Kadafi and his insane ideas from the weed, The Green Book, his untrained personal guards of Oprah's audiences with the green uniform, his call for establishment of united state for the two nations, Israeli and Palestinian.

yal' know he claimed that his son was killed when U.S. bombed Libya in1986, then he said they killed his infant adopted daughter and injured two of his young sons, so much for president. i think he would be good in Hollywood.

Nice mover indeed...!