Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Love doesn't exist or does it?

ibtisam

I agree with you love doesn’t make you stop seeing what is going around you even though they say love is blind it’s not true love can see what is good and bad.

Castro   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

Explain yourself, Please. I am a pit slow today and I am trying not to jump to conclusions.
:D

Go ahead, I dare you to jump to conclusions. It will be good for you. It will make you think about your earlier statement (to which I responded initially).

Khalaf   

IB ,

Ill translate what Castro said to u….since ur not in that situation…u aint got no man :D …then u shouldn’t talk…haber(old lady) fadhida(sitting) lagdin uga fudud(wrestling is easy for her)….hows my Somali. :D

Originally posted by ALexus:Before you shred any tears, Khalaf. Let's end this discuss after I say a few words. Those women are not shaming their husbands but are concerned of their families well begin and cannot address their concerns due to whatever reasons. They are not mentioning their husband’s deep dark secrets. I judged your father because you said my father was a terrible man. Giving me advice warns me of their most unfortunate experiences.

The topic was discussion is love and it's existence

Because I am respectful and nice in my responses…I most be shedding tears? Caaijib huh…ppl prefer rudeness makes um look tough. Ill stick to my Islamic manners....about those women it was advice…shura in Islam is important for families who have troubles…thus problems should be discussed within the family….to save the scared union in Islam…marriage. And u misunderstood me…u made a wrong accusation saying Somali men(millions who u nothing about) are terrible fathers unable to love…thus I said then your father (u Alexus) most also be terrible man unable to love since he(your father) is also Somali….then u say something about my father…I guess u misunderstood my earlier comment, tho I doubt it since it was clear…and I pointed out no my father is a good father….as many Somali fathers.

Hope that clears it up..continue w/ your topic.

-Lily-   

Well, my mum says 'ari walba meesha tagto aya lugu qala' or something along those lines, basically each sheep gets slaughtered where it reaches, some resign at the sight of the knife and others don't. I gues you can use this as an analogy to what you were saying Ibtisam.

Ibtisam   

kindly explain to me how castor knows so much about my situation and who or what is in my life. :rolleyes: :D in any case i still stand by my earlier statement. Even after i thought about it. smile.gif

Castro   

^ "Castor" knows not atheer. It's easy for us (me included) to judge others from the comfort of our couches. Family dynamics are difficult and few of us are able to master the intricacies of marriage and children.

Ibtisam   

You are telling me! :D hhm i guess so. shid happens. Why oh why do people bother even getting married :confused: such hassle, nuisance, sometimes even an inconvenience. :D

Castro   

^ Evolutionary pressure to pass on the genes via breeding is why we bother. You wouldn't be here if somebody didn't have an urge. So pass it on. No, really. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^lool :D you mean that is the ONLY reason!! here i was trying to make a long list of reasons. ONE is not good enough!!

hodman   

Evolutionary urge kulahaa :D

^^ there are too many reasons why ppl choose to be married despite the challenges. The second most important after Castro's reason being having a person to share your life with after all is said and done. There is no good reason to stay in an abusive relationship though on this I agree with Ibtisam and lily. Women often wanna take care of everyone else before themselves and hence it's for the "kids" or "family" or whatever before her own happiness. It's about time they realised that no one is happy in the long run if she is in a union that only drags her down. Least of all the kids that she is supposedly trying to protect.

Khalaf   

^^^^um happy for u sis....Allah grant u happiness and all Muslims(amiin)

ps: dig our flag

nemo   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

^^^^um happy for u sis....Allah grant u happiness and all Muslims(amiin)

ps: dig our flag

Thanks Khalaf for your kind words. But am talking about Allah and his good book. Just got a bit more religist these days and wanted to express my self. :D

Janna   

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

Love is something that must be created through time and experience. Immediate love is purely physical, emotional love takes time and connecting more intimately.

Love is an experience, love is an experienced tragedy, love is a controlled experiment, someone always holds most of the cards, and the other is a lab rat, love is violence, love is a lot of things, one thing I know is that it does exist – it is an happy accident that can handicap you.

Interesting information in regards to love. We do come from a loveless culture where love is a scandalous topic of dicussion. I have yet to acknowledge the exist of love.