Sign in to follow this  
Maaddeey

UK couple facing jail for kissing

Maaddeey   

A British couple are appealing against a jail sentence after being accused of sharing a passionate kiss in a Dubai restaurant.

Cosmopolitan Dubai has the most lenient social codes in the Gulf, but authorities can still crack down on people charged with pushing the limits.

Ayman Najifi, a Briton working in Dubai, and a female tourist were arrested in November after a complaint about public kissing.

They were convicted of inappropriate behaviour and other charges, earning them a month in jail.

The couple said it was just a "peck on the cheek".

A court has set the appeal for April 4.

In 2008, two Britons were sentenced to three months in jail for what authorities described as sex on the beach. The sentences were suspended.

NGONGE   

^^ War maanta maxa Dubai ku geeyaay? Ma wafdiga Sh. Sharif bad la socotay? Mise Mosad style operation bad wadda?

NGONGE   

^^ Some poeple (I'm suspecting Norf) started spreading rumours about me having a minyaro in Dubai. I thought it wise to stay away this year.

Peacenow   

Basically a spiteful and hateful emirate women decided to notify police that these couple were kissing. Another report says that it was the child who she was with who 'saw' them. Which is which.

And how can two people be arrested just based on the whim of one person and without witnesses. What a sick place.

Peacenow   

The create a sleazy city flooded with prostitutes and playboys and they arrest two couples on the say so of one emirate women.

What sick hypcrites.

[ March 16, 2010, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: sheherazade ]

Originally posted by Peacenow:

What sick hypcrites.
No

This line is telling, do go on.. :D

[ March 16, 2010, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: sheherazade ]

ailamos   

The create a sleazy city flooded with prostitutes and playboys and they arrest two couples on the say so of one emirate women.

What sick hypcrites.

I have to side with Peacenow on this one. I don't think the Sheikhs of the UAE are shining examples of morality and ideal Islamic behavior.

[ March 16, 2010, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: sheherazade ]

Abwaan   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Some poeple (I'm suspecting Norf) started spreading rumours about me having a minyaro in Dubai. I thought it wise to stay away this year.

loool...Norf meesha qarxis baa ka socda haye? U still there haye?

Polanyi   

What sick hypcrites.

According to who?

[ March 16, 2010, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: sheherazade ]

Basically a spiteful and hateful emirate women decided to notify police that these couple were kissing. Another report says that it was the child who she was with who 'saw' them. Which is which.

And how can two people be arrested just based on the whim of one person and without witnesses. What a sick place.

regardless of what we think about it, it's their country and their law. I am sure the couple would have their day in court to defend themselves. It sucks for them, not knowing about the laws of the county ur in is no excuse.