Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

Tech savvies holla.

Buuxo   

After my computer crashed,Im having difficulty regaining my Itunes library. Who would of thought it is hard to copy music from ipod to PC.Anyways i tried the below steps but i can't seem to 'unhide the files'.The tool menu only has the options to 'Map network drives'/ 'disconnect network drive' / to 'Synchronize'.

Anyone able to help?

Connect your iPod

Open your iPod — It should show up on “My Computer” as a “Mobile Device”; right click and choose “Explore”. Alternatively, go to the Control Panel, Portable Media Devices, and double-click your iPod.

Unhide the files
— By default, Windows hides hidden files and folders (thus the name). Go to Options (in the Tools menu), and on the View tab, check “Show Hidden Files and Folders”.

Find the Music
— The music is stored (in current iPods) in the directory “iPod_ControlMusic”. This may have a lot of odd looking stuff in it — it doesn’t matter; select everything and drag and drop them to a folder on your hard drive.

Configure iTunes
— Go into iTunes Preferences, and under the Advanced tab, check “Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized” and “Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to the library” (settings move around a bit between versions of iTunes, but these settings will be there somewhere).

Add Your Files
- In iTunes, select File, Add Folder to Library, and select the folder where you copied the files from your iPod. Alternatively, just drag and drop this folder onto iTunes

Dhubad.   

Cabdiyo, Open a window explorer - > Tools -> Folder Option , click on the View Tab - from there choose Show Hidden Files and Folders.

I hope that helps.

^ Dhubad, maybe you should help me too, I cant see my monitor ( a samsung 19' flatscreen), how can I unhide my monitor do you think? your help highly appreciated sxb :D

NGONGE   

^^ You got to 'tools' and still couldn't find the folder options mese you didn't find tools to start with? ;)

Nune, sxb? I cant see any "hide button" to press! I cant even see a thing just an empty space, the whole screen gone and I need it now. As we speak now I am just typing in without a screen hope something understandable will come out of it. Could this be that I have a worm inside :D

Dhubad.   

^OK Cabdiyo, What version of windows are you using? If its XP try the following:

Go to Start –> Run –> type regedit. The registry page will open. Go to the following Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows

CurrentVersionpoliciesExplorer

In the right hand side of the window, see if there is a value called NoFolderOptions - if there is one change its value to 0. 1 means hide Folder Option 0 means show Folder Option.

Do that and let us know how you get on with it?

Buuxo   

Ngonge, stop taking the piss you tool.I found tool menu but there after no folder option to go to the view tab.

NGONGE   

^^ Just trying to take it step by step, dear. No piss taking here. smile.gif

D,

You're taking her to the deep end when she can't even swim yet. Bal o yara kaadi and see if she followed your earlier instructions right. Don't get her to miss about with the registery and create new problems that she didn't need, undernourished lady.

Dhubad.   

Allamgan, waxaa wadaa ninkii computerka ka halaabay oo wacay Dektop Support team-ka, markaasbaa waxaa lagu yiri "close all the windows, we need to try few things " Markaasuu yiri hangon let me close it - wax badan markuu maqnaa buu yir all the windows of the house are now clossed, do you want me to turn the lights on coz its dark. :D

Hada screenkaaga balka fiiri sariita hoosteed!