Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Four Children Found Dead, Father Tells Police He Killed Them

Paragon   

Four Children Found Dead, Father Tells Police He Killed Them

Oct 6, 2006 05:26 PM

(LOUISVILLE, Ky.) -- Four children were found dead Friday morning in a public housing complex in Louisville after a man walked into police headquarters and told detectives he had killed his family.

A woman was found injured in the apartment at the Iroquois Homes complex, said police Lt. Col. Philip Turner. She was being treated at a city hospital for what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries, Turner said.

The family appeared to be of Somali descent, and volunteer translators were assisting police, he said.

The children appeared to be 8 years old or younger, Turner said. He did not disclose the types of injuries that the children suffered.

"There are a whole lot of questions of the why," Turner said. "We don't have a clue right now of the why."

Police had taped off a large section of the street in front of and around the apartment complex.

Several officers and an evidence technician truck were at the scene as dozens of residents looked on as they stood behind the police tape.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

--

Allaahu manajinaa! This is tragedy upon tragedy. What can drive a father to take the lives of his own children? I don't know, but after getting to know the disputes that occur between Somali husbands and wives, it is not difficult that either parent could be driven to such inhumane and out of character acts.

They are ahlu jannah. Dambi maleh. What drives this man? Mental illness I say. What else would make a father commit such heinous, totally reprehensible crime against his own family.

LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (pronouced luuwuvuul in the local accent ) is a nice city. Didn't know they had Somalis there at all. I went on a short trip there recently.

may god rest their souls in jannah.

I bet you the father went crazy in the Somali war, I swear if we ever get to establish a functioning gov't in Somali, we will have crazy crime issues, muck like South Africa.

You ask why?

Because just think about it how many thousand somalis are murderers and rapists just out there today due to the Civil war.

Furthermore, how many million somalis have become sadly desensitized to extreme crime?

I crinch to think about it.

Originally posted by Paragon:

I don't know, but after getting to know the disputes that occur between Somali husbands and wives, it is not difficult that either parent could be driven to such inhumane and out of character acts.

Are you serious?

I can't see a sane parent doing anything this atrocious, whatever marital trouble they may be experiencing. Only a mentally ill individual would kill his own children.

Ilaahay ha u naxariisto.

Alisomali, I know what you mean. There are too many 'walking wounded' people out there.

me   

Funeral for four Somali children, father pleads not guilty

Louisville (US), Oct 8. (AP): A Somali man charged with killing his four young children and assaulting his wife was ordered held without bail as the bodies were laid to rest.

A judge entered a not guilty plea for Said Biyad, 42, who faces four counts of capital murder and one count of aggravated assault. If convicted of murder, Biyad could face the death penalty, although prosecutors have not said whether they will seek it.

A funeral was held for the four children yesterday at the Islamic Centre in Elizabethtown, south of Louisville. Islamic tradition calls for burial as soon as possible after death.

Outside the mosque, Imam Mohamed Lunat led about 50 men in prayers in Arabic, The Courier-Journal of Louisville reported. Women stood nearby in the shade of a tree. The mother of the four children, 29-year-old Fatuma Amir, was in serious condition in a hospital and was unable to attend.

The children's bodies, wrapped in white sheets, were buried in a Muslim cemetery.

In court, Jefferson County District Judge Jacquelyn Eckert ordered that Biyad have no contact with his estranged wife. Police said they believe the killings stemmed from an argument the couple had over the children.

Jay Lambert, Biyad's court-appointed attorney, said the no-contact order was unnecessary.

"Frankly, Mr. Biyad is not going anywhere any time soon," Lambert said.

Biyad did not speak during the arraignment hearing, which was over in less than three minutes.

Eckert set an October 17 bail hearing.