Sign in to follow this  
Captain Warya

Whats up with the construction companies in somaliland/puntland?

^ Hehe, you're probably right. Unusual designs, but I can't decide if they are really bad or quite good?

Gheele, glass-fronted? That will be a brave homeowner who decides to take his/her chances with the local dhagax-tuuryaal.

nuune   

^^^ lool@Abu, somehow just looked closely, and I spotted Warshadii Mareereey ee Sonkorta, it is the same building.

PS: I have worked in many warshado, iyo warshada Cococoolada iyo warshada Baastada :D

Emperor   

I agree, horrible looking houses, what! are these houses or ghost residences.

It seems the so called Somali contruction companies forget the most important factors of any contruction design, effeciency and simplicity.... instead they concentrate and look for a stylish and fancy looking design and specially as the case of Waryaa people...

Yaa usheega to keep simple, these aren't impressive and the amount of money they spend on these houses is almost double than a normal and beautifuly layed-out house....

chubacka   

^ who can judge what beauty is?

The general rule I found with somalis an taste seems to be if the younger lot hate it, its immediately beautiful to the older generation.

I am sure there are thousands of somalis who would be proud to live in that...erm steam engine! :D

Emperor   

^The older generation have no taste, they do things out of necessity and not choice... in other words they are very practicle men and could careless about how the house looks like if one can live and sleep in it...

Che, those 2 houses are in Jumeira Dubai, of course the designs are so western. To have/build those kind of homes in Somalia, one needs the money and people with such a taste. People in back home lack both(not that they don't have a taste, just that they see any) The thing that surprise me is that people in the north be SL and PL, somehow like very color buildings with too many arches.

Ve, to have that kind of class house in such places like Burco or Galkacyo, one will need to employ 100 men to guide the house 24/7 or maybe build it in 6 acre land, so the dhagax tuur wont reach it. :D