Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Growing Hair longer tips

Aaliyyah   

I think it depends on the person...some people look better with a short hair! when I first shaved my hair (well it wasnt really shave I still had a bit of hair left lol)..all the hairdressers were like oh my god you look so pretty! so I think I personally look better with a short hair then a longer hair (but everyone knows a girl has to have a long hair) not to mention long hair makes a girl's hijaab look a lot better than a short hair! so it is a matter of preference...

laakin timo gaban badana faaido gabadh uma leh...all of us want a nice long hair. That's just the way it is!

laakin adiga mid timo gaban baan kugu duceyey amiin dheh oo waqti badan ku hesha sibaad timaha iyo shaqadiisa uga sastaa :P..

Blessed   

Actually, not every woman wants long hair, that's a myth. Healthy hair, yes but length is subjective. Anyway a few tips.

Deep condition once a week or soak hair in oil.

If you wash your hair daily or regularly - try co-washing mostly, use shampoo once or twice a week.

Brush / gently brush your scalp.

Don't over do it on the heat and use protective styles -- braids, buns.

Trim your hair once a month.

Keratin products are good for hair.

Drinks lots of water and eat well.

On prenatal vitamins, they contain b vitamins and biotin which are essential for hair repair / growth, you can get biotin supplement on it's own. However, don't let the 'prenatal' label put you off-- they contain essential vitamins for all adults (RA for women in particular). I personally like them because they contain a higher dose of iron (which I need) compared to other multivits

Aaliyyah   

*Actually, not every woman wants long hair, that's a myth. Healthy hair, yes but length is subjective. Anyway a few tips.

Most girls I know are all rocking long hair..bt yeah you are right im sure there are those sisters who prefer short hair! people are not always on the same boat lol

*Deep condition once a week or soak hair in oil.

If you wash your hair daily or regularly - try co-washing mostly, use shampoo once or twice a week.

Brush / gently brush your scalp.

Don't over do it on the heat and use protective styles -- braids, buns.

Trim your hair once a month.

Keratin products are good for hair.

Drinks lots of water and eat well.

thanks for the tips

*On prenatal vitamins, they contain b vitamins and biotin which are essential for hair repair / growth, you can get biotin supplement on it's own. However, don't let the 'prenatal' label put you off-- they contain essential vitamins for all adults (RA for women in particular). I personally like them because they contain a higher dose of iron (which I need) compared to other multivits

yeah it always puts me off loool and i wouldnt wanna be caught with them and my mom would be naya u expecting a baby ..just kidding! but yeah insha'allah I should grab one now that u mentioned it has iron in it, my iron level isnt that great..my fam doctor was like do u eat ur green veggies lol..which if he knew how i try my best to avoid them he would lecture me but im be like yeah I try lol...so yeah inshallah I will buy one. Thanks for ur advice.. I appreciate it!

Nina Fox   

Hair, you say. Gud God, I have a history of crazy hair variations througout the years. Braiding, cutting, red hair, afro (in my baby years) you name it, I've had it lol. Lately I somewhat neglegted my hair and have adapted to the male lifestyle of wash-n-go. There was a time I would visit the salon twice a week just for the heck of it. But now, because of my travelling, Im lucky if I even remember to use (home-made) nafaqo once a week

Speaking of Nafaqo---I use Avacado with olive oil and a couple of eggs. As vile as the concept may sound, your hair gets body and grows like crazy. The odour leaves very little to aspire to, but its worth it. Also I find, through personal experience not to switch shampoos and conditioners as that makes your hair fall out and sometimes your scalp dries up like the oasis. I never used to pack shampoos and conditioners while traveling but now I take my own everywhere I go. I use products from the Motion range, they are absolutely fantabulous. They contain Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract , dunno what the heck their functions are, but they're extremely great for my hair, and they smell amazing. :)

Well i have curly hairs an problem is they just grow and then never grow at certain height of my back i just start hating my hairs can any one huide me how to help these ugly hairs to be look like proper and manner able.

Aaliyyah   

Nina good tips there..I have used avocado with olive oil before..but never with eggs. I have added mayonnaise with eggs before..bt lemme try this time! im sure it would be great :D

as for not switching shampoos and conditioners, that was the very advice my lovely ayeeyo gave me :D and it works definitely..

again tnx for the tips :D

salaam

p.s Manahel try to use these natural tips given, and I always "duudub" my hair...it makes ur curly hair more manageable :D...and if u want u can duuduub your hair with hair rollers, flexi rods..whatever u can get ur hands on..good luck!

Fazliyah   

Eat lots of green veggies like spinach broccoli Cabbage Cucumbers Lettuce Olives

because they contain a lot of silicon wich helps with the growth and maintenance of skin and hair.

Personally hair mayonnaise worked for me I use it daily or every other day just rub a small amount between palm and spread evenly from roots to end and I also take multi-vitamin called Alive! This contains 26 fruits and vegetables it really helped my hair and nails grow.

A_Khadar   

Som@li;735422 wrote:
Gabadha ma bahashii (bidaar) ragga lagu ogaa baa gashay?

They are talking about getting longer hair not just regrowing hair like you.. Marka inoo fur another thread about prevention and treatment of Bidaar..

Aaliyyah   

^don't discourage him a_khadar let him try all the suggestions..especially the other thread that I started (qudradii talagada ku jirtaba bal ku masax bidaartaada mid ee ka baxsan looool :P ...hope they help)..same goes for taleexi no wonder he was following my thread the whole time, it just hit me lool...

same goes for you a_khadar you can use it too LOL

salaam

A_Khadar   

Aaliyyah;744790 wrote:
^don't discourage him a_khadar let him try all the suggestions..especially the other thread that I started (qudradii talagada ku jirtaba bal ku masax bidaartaada mid ee ka baxsan looool
:P
...hope they help)..same goes for taleexi no wonder he was following my thread the whole time, it just hit me lool...

same goes for you a_khadar you can use it too LOL

salaam

:D Qarxiska jooji dee... Anyway, they both will come back and say you should see my hair tye are longer than what something?...