Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Blackberry v. Iphone - which one to choose?

Khayr   

If I want to text all day, I go Blackberry - right?

If I want applications and movies and streaming - iphone

Does anyone have the motorola smartphone?

The Zack   

Blackberry is great in emails, IPHONE is great in every thing else but emails. As far as texting, any phone with QWERTY keyboard will do fine. Is DROIDx available in your country? If so, that is the best phone in this world today based on my assessment. It has 4'3" screen, largest ever on a phone. It also has an HDMI port to connect to your HD TV. Last but not least, it runs on Google's open source operating system AKA Android which means you can download any app without apple's or any other big guy's consent.

I hope that helps.

N.O.R.F   

Everytime I walk into a phone shop and speak to someone about an iphone or blackberry I just think to myself, where will I find the time to actually use all the gadgets on the phone?

Phone

Text

Internet access

My Nokia E72 will do (I don't even use half the stuff on there).

I actually carry both of them.

The Blackberry is for work, and the iphone is my personal phone.

Blackberry is designed to work with corprate email systems i.e Exchange it is tightly integrated with your work email.calendar/IM it is a great business phone .. you can control how many minutes are used, you can wipe the phone and lock it remotely, it is designed for the corporate environment

The iphone is better for personal use it has a better browser/apps.

but ive been hearing nice things about the droid phones.

The Zack   

Geeljire, u have very good understanding in how the fancy phones work. Like u said, BB is still the best in emails.

I like everything apple but I have to stick with the blackberry. Over the long run, the blackberry will cost less, data charges on an Iphone could be outrageous. In fact, I just gave my brother my iphone 3g and got a blackberry bold. and you can literally do everything on the blackberry, accept the touching part. One redeeming thing about the Iphone, in my opinion is the video chat but 1, how many of your friends are Iphone4 users and two, how many of those have unlimited data plans. As for the blackberry, in my case at least, most of my friends have them and I can BBM them.

The Zack   

^You are talking about service plans instead of Device differences when you mention data packages. The only provider in the USA that doesn't have unlimited Data for Smartphones is AT&T which means if you unlock/hack your Iphone you could have unlimited data package with another GSM carrier. As for the video chat, you and the person you are talking to MUST have an an LTE/4G service and have the appropriate phone, that could be a non-Iphone device.

P.s. As of today, it is legal to jailbreak a phone.