Sign in to follow this  
Maf Kees

Somali Rags to Riches

Castro   

Fathia, I was kidding, dear. I hope you're not offended for I meant no offence. Gold digging is bad regardless if a man or woman does it. As I said earlier, profiling someone who won the lottery would send the wrong message on hard work and enterperneurship. Not to mention it is a form of gambling and it is unlawful in Islam.

^Why not? If that person has invested wisely,surely it is ok to profile.

I doubt if he won the lotto,and even if he did,he has started legit businesses and made more out of it.

Lol@aphrodisiak & Castro gold digging.. :D

Did I hear money? I have always considered green to be an attractive color,(inside jk) - anyways, I think there are rich somalian merchants in dubia and in the middle east, althought I can not name any - and I have yet to meet a somali who has more then a million in an account -

Castro   

Originally posted by Hitlerette*:

and I have yet to meet a somali who has more then a million in an account -

Does that mean you know someone with exactly a million in an account? :D

Originally posted by Hitlerette*:

- and I have yet to meet a somali who has more then a million in an account -

You would think they would run into you and say : "hey![Hitlerette*],check dis out; here is my account,have a look @ it" huh? :D

^^

Just kidding Hitlerete*. Dont take it personally. ;)

J.Lee   

Did I hear money? I have always considered green to be an attractive color,(inside jk)

LOL, I'm so tempted........ :D

I do not have a rags to riches story but my older brother and what he has in his 24 years of life accomplished serves as an inspiration to me; He also set high standards for the rest of the family which I especially hope to one day surpass and topple most unmercifully,Insha'allah.

P.S

Ms.Pili, Lets keep this between you and I. smile.gif

Jacpher   

You must not know your people well. You probably would not meet or see any nomad millionaire. Why? Because there isn’t such thing.

A nomad would keep his money at the bank and lives like a normal Faarax, asset does not exceed more than few thousand dollars. Wears old jeans and eats at the local Biibito. Never enjoys or displays any luxurious lifestyle and does not reveal anything. At day, he’s busy planning the next big investment and at night he plays qabiil cards and does some shaxaat in the nearest makhaayad.

Abaadir   

I know somali business man whose company revanue in 2004 was 20 million. He lives here in the US.

He has been in this business for long time... He would not give a permission to post his profile here.

Castro   

^ Is it a legal enterprise? Does the brother have a well-founded fear of relatives hitting him up for shaxaad? Does he fear the IRS? If the answer is no to all of the above, I see no reason why the dude would hide his identity or his business endeavour. Unless you are pulling our leg.

Castro   

Originally posted by The Fireman:

My friend is a pusher, habeenkii wuxuu suubiyaa $10,000 in profits.

A pusher (of dope, I'm guessing) that makes $3.6 million a year? Masha Allah, is he bilingual or something? Who are you kidding saaxib? I guess math wasn't your favorite subject in school. :D

Temujin   

Actually I am bad at math but why is it so hard for you to believe that a drug dealer(although my friend is not one) can not make that amount of money in a year? And what does being a bilingual have to do with distributing drugs in America? All you need is to be able to speak some english and be packing heat at all times.

Castro   

^ Well, it's hard to believe because of the volume that must be invovled to clear (i.e. profit) $10,000 a night. This means your "friend", or whomever you're using as an example, is no street corner pusher. He must be running a moderate to large scale production and/or distribution business with many pushers in his employ, none of which, by the way, could make that much alone. And business must really be booming and competition non-existent for a single dealer to make that much in profit every night. It's not that it's impossible. It's just improbable.

But more importantly, such a person cannot act as a model of entrepreneurial spirit. He or she is an example of a failed member of society.

Castro, yep – I know of them – and hopefully I will find a way to sneak into the family tree – so far, I have succeeded in befriending the ayeeyo :D -

Afromali, I won’t have to ask them – people usually brag about what they have –

Jimca Lee, you should really let me pick out your nicks – I would do wonders with it -

:D -