Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

What is happiness!!

Bachelor   

Hello nomads!

Lately i been in hecktic situation, you know how life is, ups and downs. So this quation came to my mind, what is happines? Is it merely a lack of pain and discomfort. Is today's happines defined by how much yesterday hurt? Happiness can be anything better than what was before?

Why do people live their whole lives in a vain pursuit of happiness. What if we were not meant to be happy all the time. Yes i like it when i am happy but when i am not it doesnt mean that there is something wrong. Isnt that how it goes if were not happy we automatically assume there is something wrong and we set out to change it and in the process we hurt more than we help. Maybe the reason your not always happy is that the world we live in is not a breeding ground of love and pece. As we all know it is a breeding ground of pain and misery.

Examine youself what do you do every day in a pursuit of happiness? Lets hear how Faraax and Xalimo view happiness?

PhiL   

Good Question Bachelor. Personally, I think being happy 24/7 is a myth, a lie, just like the tooth fairy and the Abominabe snow man. It just simply doesn't exist. I would Love for someone to prove me wrong, but right now, I'm just happy believing that "the pursuit of happiness must always fail because it is based on a lie - happiness is not outside you. Until you get this, you will never quite make it!".

Salaamz One N All

OG Moti   

one way u could be so happy 24/7, and it is a difficult choice, cause it will lead to the death of ur heart, what is the way simple?

Dont take anything seriously, live and never treat anything important.. then u will be happy cause then u will have a common thing with animals and animals are happy...

sadness and what brings sadness is responsibility and caring, u dont have those 2 charcteristics u are happy as a monkey on a tree or a dawaco tricking a sheep... ;) peace

Haashim   

Originally posted by - diamond princess -:

Happiness is when you aren't a Bachelor
;)

Seriously thou, I'll tell you what happiness is when I find it. And if I'm not to busy being consumed by it.

.:peace n luv:.

when i was in primary school in Somalia i read this english proverb; pins and needles, needles and pins when a man married his problem began :D

just joking the reality is it may ... or may not.

return to the topic I think you're in happines when you don't need other than ALLAH regardless your physical appearance or material posession and you're in big trouble when you needed other than your creator including Human beings :eek:

having said that not everyone who claim that he/she doesn't need other than ALLAH telling the truth here is the secret why many wadaado are in trouble too :rolleyes:

Observer   

Everybody can feel the real happiness I’ll tell ya. If you doubt me, here is an example of the real happiness.

Drink a lot water … lots …. don’t use the restroom for a few hours …. hold it ….. you can do it …. hold it …. hold …it …… not yet ….. nope …. keep holding it ….. fell the burn ….. feel the pain …. hold on just little more …. NOW! LET IT GO!! YEAH …YEAH ….. YEAH … hayee how you feel now? :D

That is happiness! You don’t think about anything in life …. All the ****** and hectic things …. This is the closest to cloud 9!

African   

"Hapiness is a cigar called Hamlet the mild cigar" an old English advert. This is what happens when your brain watches 2 many adverts. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I need help.

Observer, u lost me bro.

I think you're in happines when you don't need other than ALLAH

Muraad, I pray to attain this state & die in that state. :(:(

NIN_NOOL   

Happiness is not store bought,

Nor is it for sale.

You cannot wish it up,

Or order it in the mail.

It comes from inside oneself,

And therfore it is free.

To have it for yourself,

You don't need any money.

Just love people and things.

Be nice to those you hate,

And maybe if your lucky,

You'll find the perfect mate.

This happiness you can find

Will last all of your days,

And help you through life's problems

In a lot of different ways.

Happiness is a thing in life

That everyone should have

Because in the end the happy ones

Are never really sad.

OG_Girl   

Salaam ,

since this topic is about happiness , i found after every prayers i feel happy , once i miss salatul fajer , whole day mixed up , i just have bad days every one make fun of my clothes , my perfume , is the same perfume but when i miss fajer prayers there is some thing will go wrong ,

maybe just my feelings ... pycological things

salam

dawoco   

Happiness, in my opinion, is found in the simple things in life (like tricking a dooro moti, not sheep)...

People that are happy are those who accept the things allah grants them, both the good with the bad. And true happiness can only be found in janah, allah willing.

NIN_NOOL   

A major source of discontent and unhappiness the feeling of inadequacy and incapability, while opulent people enjoy the pleasures and luxury of life. The most effective solution to such a source of uneasiness and suffering is to forget about people with higher standard of living; for if you compare yourself with such people you will only incur misery. You would find solace when you dicover that you are endowed with more blessings by Allah than many others. We have already been guided to this golden rule given by Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him ) in the following words:

"Look at those inferior to you, and do not look at those superior to you. Thereby, you would be able to appreciate better the benevolence of Allah bestowed upon you." (Narrated by Imams Bukhari and Muslim)

On another occasion the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessing be upon him ) said: "When any of you happens to see one on whom Allah has bestowed more riches and a finer physique, he should look at one who is inferior to him (in this respect)." (Narrated by Imam Bukhari)

A Muslim is generally satisfied with his lot from Allah regarding such matters which fall outside and beyond his means and ability. This, however, does not indicate any defeatist attitude or fatalism In its passive denotation; rather, a Muslim exercises his free will actively and enjoys a dynamic personality. As part of his faith, a Muslim believes in the Day of Judgment and in the Divine Justice which gives him relief in cases where he finds no way to the fulfilment of justice. After all,everything in this world is ephemeral and What matters is not the worldly possessions one may hold but the right preparation for the Hereafter, in which the faithful and guided believer enters into the Eternal Abode of Bliss, where there shall be no bitterness or misery. This fact gives him a complete consolation and relieves him of his suffering For he is conscious of the fact that on that day justice will prevail and everybody will be able to receive his due, and no one will trespass on him, wrong him or boast over him. This awareness helps a lot to protect man from much anxiety and uneasiness.

In matters of religion, piety and acquisition of knowledge, we had better look at those superior to us In good deeds, upright behaviour and in the pursuit of useful knowledge.

Curly   

Well when you have PMS you never quiet get accustomed to happiness, much less know what it is. However I believe happiness is meant to be a rare emotion, otherwise wouldn’t that totally undermine the idea of “life”!

How could you ever tell the difference between happiness and sadness if you were happy all the time? It’s like asking a person born blind to tell you the difference between light and dark!