Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Pictures of L.A. Sool!

This place seemed a little bit tired, so I decided to post some new pic's of our country, to spice the place a little bit up for you!

Enjoy!

1.jpg

12.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

me   

4.jpg

Someone kill the architect!

This is not the laas caanood that I remmember. I remmember it as a city with many sandy coloured houses with flat roofs made from stones from the quaries nearby, not these buluketi buildings. Next time go photograph the old town.

BN   

Originally posted by SOO MAAL:

1.jpg

Great pictures

Thank you Sakhar

Hardly the separatists....

A reminder; lest you forget where you are! :D

Aaliyyah   

wow sakhar nice pictures of Las Anod, my uncle went back and got us a tape, it was a beautiful place. I am planning to head down dere perhaps diz coming summer. insha-allah i will c if i can get pics as nice as these one:).

wa salaamu alaikum

me   

^^hahhahahahahahaaa, deereeye wuxu!!

A little google search and this is Buuhoodle. Never been there but I heard the war transformed it.

Buuhoodle.jpg

Aaliyyah   

Che-Guevara lol @ now we know where u from..wazz up cuz...somali oo dhan aa walaala ah keep dat in mind. i never seen pics from buhoodle, is buuhodle a beautiful place? ...me what u mean da war transformed it? didnt the war Transform somalia at large?.Somalia needs us to restablish it. There has been "brain drain" taking place back home, basically a concept to reflect on how all the educated ppl live outside somalia. who do we expect den to restablsih it? warlords? uneducated individuals?,,,so ye all lets not forget our roots, just looking at this pics , makes me realize how much i am missing. insha-allah i will make it up diz summer smile.gif .....plan to have as much FUN.

WA SALAAMU ALAIKUM

me   

The war transformed Buuhoodle in the sense allot of reer Buuhoodle who used to live in Mogadisho and the South, moved back home after the war broke out in the South. The reer buuhoodle in the diaspora also invested in building up Buuhoodle, not as much as they could but you can see the differance.

AAliyah this is what i tell everyone going to Somalia for holidays. Skip the cities/towns and head straight for MIYI.

BTW Somalia doesnt need us, we need Somalia. Somalis in the diaspora need to stop kidding themselves, the Somalis in Somalia are perfectly capable of doing their own thing. Its no longer our country, they own it now. Hopefully they will let us participate in the rebuilding and let us come back.

We need Somalia more then Somalia needs us.

Jacpher   

I find the video misleading. It shows what it appears to be a river or lake and they play a song wabiyada iyo bad weynta. Unless they're calling rivers and sea meelo biyo fariisteen, I didn't know a river or sea in that part of the country.

Aaliyyah   

Insha-allah i plan to visit both da city and the miyi. i wanna c all somalia got 2 offer, since i have no memory of back home. i was quit young, i was around three i believe when my family moved from Hamar. Anyways, as i heard it is hard to live in da Miyi as of One my cousins went back home and she simply couldnt take the miyi way of life. She was there like half a day den forced my uncle to driver her back to da city lol..(spoiled brat if u ask me) Insha-allah i will give it a shot, hopefully i can last longer den my cuz did.

wa salaam