Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Pictures of L.A. Sool!

LooL@Me

Aaliyah...I remember Miyiga Hawdka, not pretty place to be in, but I guess you could tolerate if you are nature fanatic, and you ain't there too long. I sure do miss the place. And Pics please if you do go.

me   

^^ Miyiga hawdka is the best Miyi in Somalia (YES EVEN BETTER THEN NUGAAL, lets not talk about MUDUG). Its like Miyi was intended to be.

It will open your eyes and destress you AAliyah, don't listen to this guy.

The stars at night, the sun coming up, the camels and camel milk, the greenery, the wild animal noises, the fear of being eaten by a wild animal. The people!!!

No other holiday will offer you as much as that exitement. Its not a hoiday its the experience of a life time. Its learning Somali culture.

All cities are alike. But Miyi is something else. Just see it for yourself, people either HATE it of LOVE it, there is no middle ground.

Ms DD   

"this is what i tell everyone going to Somalia for holidays. Skip the cities/towns and head straight for MIYI."

Libaax ma jiro? Going to the miyi doesnt do your skin any favours though.

When i go back this December, I intend to take plenty of pictures and perhaps take my camcorder.

me   

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Libaax ma jiro? Going to the miyi doesnt do your skin any favours though.

When i go back this December, I intend to take plenty of pictures and perhaps take my camcorder.

'

Libaax waa jiraa, but are you a Somali Woman or what? No overgrown cat should ever scare you and I heard libaaxs are allergic to AK47 so pack some heat.

About doing your skin any favours, I have no reply to that, all I can tell you now is fashion changed, Dark skinned girls are in.

me   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

^^^^War adigu ma tagtay horta?

Haa waa tagay. Hadii kale ma anaa kaaga sheekayn lahaa.

Ms DD   

Where is exactly Hawdka? Pls point out? Meel badan oo hawd ayaa jira ayaan filayaa. Laakiin where are they located? i.e Between Boosaaso and Qardho? or Qardho and Garoowe?

About the skin, it is not about colour, but the texture smile.gif

War Me....Where in the hawd man venture.

As I used to go to Marqaan , Qaawane, and Laan Dheer...lool@at the last name. As kid from Xamar, I used to find that funny.

Cambarro....The hawd lies between Sool/Togdheer and SomaliGalbeed. Me can elaborate on it more.

me   

Dharkayn geeye, Buuhoodle, marqaan. have you seen the old rusting Ethiopian tanks from 1982 and 1984?

I love that name Wanaagsan. Havent been there but would sure like to see a town with that name.

me   

Mannnn, you haven't been there in ages. My last times where 1989 and 1997. Even thats a long long time ago. :(

I hope they haven't messed it up. Inter-clan warfare is a part of hawd lifestyle they have been fighting for centuries waxba iskama qaadaan kuwaasi. One minute they are cousins the next minute they are killin each other, the next minute they are swapping girls.

Aaliyyah   

BRO thankz fo da map, insha-allah i have to get know my way around somalia b4 i head there. as my knowledge iz pretty limited. Wanaagsan where iz dat twon at?? and lemme know if its a nice plac 2 go for a vaC.

WA SALAAM

Ms DD   

"Inter-clan warfare is a part of hawd lifestyle"

You wanna send me there? :eek:

You make it (Hawd) sound so romantic and very appealing.