Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Have you ever seen a Peruvian on TV?

STOIC   

Cara, Classic! I'd have jumped up and down too had I seen a big forehead during launching! :D

I was really intrigued though the other day when I met a young Somali guy (in his 30s) who is a faculty of one of the best (world) and Respected Medical school in the USA....there is still hope Insha-Allah

NGONGE   

When the odayal from Peru have a get together and sing their traditional songs, they usually do

! :D

Yes. I admit it, I love Peru.

^With all this attraction and love for everything Peru and peruvian one logical suggestion is that you have a secret peruvain lover. :D The only question is, 'Is she a she or a he? :D

NGONGE   

3917480.jpg

Somali woman Asha Ali Abdille, 36, has pleaded guilty to a charge of trying to hijack an aircraft flying from Blenheim to Christchurch.

Abdille made the guilty plea in the High Court in Christchurch today at a pre-trial hearing.

Justice French took the plea after ruling Abdille was fit to stand trial on eight charges. Abdille had been examined by two psychiatrists, one of whom considered her "eminently fit" to stand trial even though she might be mentally impaired, Justice French said.

Abdille was remanded to the care of Hillmorton Hospital until sentencing on August 27.

She faces seven other charges, including four of wounding, but Crown prosecutor Pip Currie said the Crown would not be offering evidence on the other charges.

Abdille tried to hijack the 19-seater Jetstream aircraft carrying two crew and seven passengers on February 8, 2008. She carried three knives on board and after a scuffle was overpowered by the crew. She was arrested in Christchurch. One pilot suffered a severe cut to his hand and the other cut his foot.

Source

NGONGE   

0000013262.jpg

FEARS of possible xenophobic attacks by vindictive elements in townships around Nelson Mandela Bay have forced Somalis to stay in solidarity groups to ensure their safety.

But despite incessant rumours, no Somali shopkeepers have vacated their shops in fear or been forced to leave townships like New Brighton, Kwazakhele, KwaNobuhle, Motherwell and Walmer, where such incidents took place in the past. A spokesman for the Somalis, Abdirahman Ahmed, said while nothing explosive like the incidents in Cape Town had erupted in Port Elizabeth or other places in the Eastern Cape, they had urged their members to be more vigilant and work with communities and the police to prevent any violence.

“We encourage our members to stay and integrate themselves with the communities. We take part in sport and attend residents’ meetings,” Amhed said.

One of the Somalis in New Brighton, Muktar Mohamed, said he was living in constant fear after some youths in the neighbourhood taunted him about a planned attack that would drive Somalis and other foreigners out of the country.

“We don’t know what will happen. They tell us to go to our home country.”

About a month ago Mohamed’s Save More spaza shop was robbed of R3000 by armed robbers who forced their way into the business at midnight.

A week ago three armed men allegedly walked into the Somali-owned Halaal Supermarket in Avenue A, New Brighton, and opened fire. No one was injured. Owner Jamal Abdi Hashi said he was alone in the store when the attack occurred in what appeared to be an attempt to instill fear and panic in Somalis.

“I was behind the counter. They pointed the gun at me. One bullet hit the wall and they ran away.” He said he was worried there might be more attacks.

The Eastern Cape chairman of the Somali Association of South Africa, Dino Jilley, said they were powerless in the face of danger but hoped the police and communities would protect them.

“We do not have power. We only urge our members to treat customers well and be polite. We even encourage them to speak Xhosa and show support.”

He said many Somalis felt South Africa was their new home and they should work with its citizens to develop it.

The owner of the Corner Cafe, in an informal settlement outside New Brighton, Abdullah Hussein, said he did not anticipate any xenophobic attacks as local residents treated them as fellow citizens. “People and young children call us ‘my friend’. They help us learn Xhosa and invite us to their homes.”

Hussein said he had operated his business in the area since 2003 and had never been attacked because he happened to be a “foreigner”.

He pointed to Somali artist K’naan – whose sensational song Waving Flag was made the official anthem of the World Cup – as an example of how Somalis could bring people from different cultures together in peace and harmony.

http://www.weekendpost.co.za/article.aspx?id=584058

A_Khadar   

NGONGE, have you ever bought/owned a car you thought no one has it just you and all the sudden it's every where..Darn!! Somalis are just like that because you see your copies every where. So Adeer just try to notice onlygood looking ladies..

Originally posted by NGONGE:

3917480.jpg

Somali woman Asha Ali Abdille, 36, has pleaded guilty to a charge of trying to hijack an aircraft flying from Blenheim to Christchurch.

Abdille made the guilty plea in the High Court in Christchurch today at a pre-trial hearing.

Justice French took the plea after ruling Abdille was fit to stand trial on eight charges. Abdille had been examined by two psychiatrists, one of whom considered her "eminently fit" to stand trial even though she might be mentally impaired, Justice French said.

Abdille was remanded to the care of Hillmorton Hospital until sentencing on August 27.

She faces seven other charges, including four of wounding, but Crown prosecutor Pip Currie said the Crown would not be offering evidence on the other charges.

Abdille tried to hijack the 19-seater Jetstream aircraft carrying two crew and seven passengers on February 8, 2008. She carried three knives on board and after a scuffle was overpowered by the crew. She was arrested in Christchurch. One pilot suffered a severe cut to his hand and the other cut his foot.

Aw...this makes me feel really sad. She's clearly not well. Should she really be on trial?