Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Qaraami Songs Club

raula   

i love listening to Maandeeq's songs-she is my fav oldtime somali singers-along with Xalimo Milano's :D

Even the lyrics are just pure Cuud :D check out this link here. its by Maandeeq, gujis & guddudo Carwo-Ama Deeqa ama Dunida.

http://www.hobyonet.com/audio/dunida.ram

Another of Maandeeq's

http://www.hobyonet.com/audio/garays.ram

chek out this classic by Hasan Dirie

http://www.hobyonet.com/audio/basra.ram

lastly but not least-another classic and today's popular among mainstream somalis-but here is the original-classic indeed.

Maryan M. Isse & Husseyn Yusuf Tarabi-Ma la dhuubtey awgaa

http://www.hobyonet.com/audio/dhuubtay.ram

Anba dhuubte awogaga

habeeneda dibaate

anba dhamac galgacal baa

inta aan la dholandholay

ii dhalaalineyso

dhexdu ila yaraate

***sidaa laiskugu dhidhibaayo heesta baa ii cajaabise ;)

kabax now that's what I call qaraami :D

Bess.   

thanks to u guys.... good somali music is just a click away.... :D ...i just saved all this tracks to my pc... ;) keep them coming...

Warmoog   

*Bump*

Okay. This thread receded into Never Never Land long ago, but I have a request to make. Last week, I heard a nice little tune by Saado Cali on the BBC's dedications segment. It was a revamped version of an old song of hers that goes:

Naftaydaa kuu jirraban

Waxay haysa jamashadaa

Adaan kuu jeelanahaye

Jacayl baad igu abuurtay

Ma jiifsado caawadii

Daraartii ma joogi karo

Dhinaca aad iga jirtaa

Qalibigu ii jiidayaa...

I know Hamarey.com has a video clip of Saado performing this song at a televised New Year's celebration from 1989. That's an old version, and I don't want it. I'm looking for the newer one, which, though I haven't a clue when it was made, sounded like it was set to Qaaci music. The Qaraami/Qaaci music aficionados lurking about can take this as their cue to come out of hiding. I need to know where I can find this song, and your help will be appreciated, folks.

RedSea   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

My favourite song is the one that kushin sings ?eiyado dhoob dhix jeefta dhaaawanaysa obaxa?(heh, if you think my writing in Somali looks bad, be glad you?re not hear to hear me hum the song to myself).

nah, it's not that bad,I understood it atleast, although, it was kinda like Iyadoo doog dhex jiiftoo, not dhoob, whatever the heck that means. :D

I rarely listen or use to listen to Somali songs, but that song(iyadoo doog dhex jiifta) orginally belongs to Maxamed Mooge as well.To kill the mood, it is said that Maxamed Mooge forbitted his music from listened to,because it was dark path to go down.

Paragon   

Qaraami has to be purely Kaban, ocassionally accompanied by drums. Anything that has additional musical instruments cannot qualified to be called Qaraami.

A beautiful Qaraami revival goes by the name: Shay Mire Dacar. The man can sing and makes Qaraami seem gold listen Have a listen --> All Safari

Enjoy

nuune   

Warmoog, That song of Saado is also one of my favorite one's, but I never came across a neweer version of it, though I would prefer the old one.

But here is the same song, not from Saado, not from Somali person, but from Norwegian woman who sang the "Nafteydaan kuu jirabanahey waxay heysa jamashadaa adaan kuu jeelanahay"

Nafteydaan kuu jirabanahey by Tanja (Norwegian Girl) enjoy

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

My favourite song is the one that kushin sings ?eiyado dhoob dhix jeefta dhaaawanaysa obaxa?(heh, if you think my writing in Somali looks bad, be glad you?re not hear to hear me hum the song to myself).

nah, it's not that bad,I understood it atleast, although, it was kinda like Iyadoo doog dhex jiiftoo, not dhoob, whatever the heck that means.
:D

I rarely listen or use to listen to Somali songs, but that song(iyadoo doog dhex jiifta) orginally belongs to Maxamed Mooge as well.To kill the mood, it is said that Maxamed Mooge forbitted his music from listened to,because it was dark path to go down.
Do you mean AHMED MOOGE LIIBAAN? (RIP)

Nephissa   

Not sure if it's Qaraami, but here goes my fav:

[Qiimaha jacaylkuna, qiimaha jacaylkuna

qalbiguu wax yeelaaa..

Ruuxuu caashaq qalaayana, ruuxuu cashaq qalaayana, sir ma qarin karaa-yeee..

Qaahira, Qaahira, Qaahira kalgacal tagay..]

RedSea   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

Jay, I don't really know which one said his music shouldn't be listened to,but it was one of them Mooge brothers, Maxamed and Axmed.But the song "Iyadoo doog dhex jiiftoo" belongs to Maxamed doesn't it?

RedSea   

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

KKKKK!
[Minneapolis aas ku juraa, Cedar hoostiis
.]

wohooow, is that your address, Mr. Pieere write that down. LOL@the song though.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

quote:Originally posted by Jaylaani:

Jay, I don't really know which one said his music shouldn't be listened to,but it was one of them Mooge brothers, Maxamed and Axmed.But the song "Iyadoo doog dhex jiiftoo" belongs to Maxamed doesn't it?
No brother, it belongs to Ahmed (RIP), the younger of the two.

I don't think either one of them said such thing. Mohamed was assassinated in 1984 in Ethiopia while he was still active in the music scene in different format...and Ahmed died in Kenya not long ago.