Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Qaraami Songs Club

well my song is shacbaan! i called the nomad blues! these songs have really a magical way of healing of whatever is pulling you down!

i remember couple of yrs where i basically fell through a xalimo crack!!lol...there was no cure 4 me! but luckily thanks to internet.. i found shacbaan, and man did that heal me like magic!

nowaday, sundays nite r my qaraami nites!! :cool:

any idea how to download songs from these sites!!

NGONGE   

Honesita, here you'll find most of the songs in Kooshin's CD. I love the one where he says

" eiaado dhoob dhix jeefta, dhaawanysa obaxa..."...he goes on to say that she lets her hair down and so on... but somehow I just can't picture that! In my mind's eye, I can see her undoing her malkhamad instead!

web page

Jumatatu   

^^^^^LOOOOOOOOOL^^^^

NO wonder you are wearing 'macawiis' every saturday afternoon in Whithleys.

In my mind's eye, I can see her undoing her malkhamad instead!

Every wonder thing starts from the top , so start imagining the hair ( and pray it is not jag-jag) then go with the flow.

NGONGE   

Hello Jumatatu, how you doing sxb?

I seriously tried to imagine the hair as you say but it's just not working out. The way this kooshin guy sings it, it sounds as if the girl has some sort of indian hair that she undoes and it falls down effortlessly into her back! :eek:

arr ninko ma barkima la yedhaahda? kooshinka moxo ahaa? :confused:

Jumatatu   

It is that way actually, with long hair and 'gareys'.....shoo raxaa damacdo..durba gareyski furateye.. si deysey timahe....

it should play with your imagination and if it doesnt go and see you local GP

NGONGE   

Oh, it's playing with my imagination all right, but that 'malkhamad' keeps getting in the way! :mad:

Qac Qaac   

I was just wondering, How come Somali ppl can't even come up with new songs, and new singers.. we still listening to the old ones from 70s,80s.. what is going on. Is it just like the Presidancy, we can't come up with presidents too. what's happening to us.

we are definately ppl in need of new things, new leaders.. even if it is something bad like singing, we still can't come up with new singers.. sorry LST if i twisted your topic into this, but this need to be answered too. no more new leaders for us, in everything. haram, and halal.

pearl   

i was never fond of slow music especially somali music...but this i especially loved that song by cigal and khadra given by LSK...even though i didnt understand half of what they said... i improvised...

Qac Qaac:

I was just wondering, How come Somali ppl can't even come up with new songs, and new singers.. we still listening to the old ones from 70s,80s.. what is going on.

well..walaalo..u have to understnad that most singers today are after BIG bucks...period!...they dont have the talent....producing good music need time, effort and good command of the somali language in this case....how many of them even speak proper somali?...not to mention some of them sound shity..

I love listening to old Qaraami and Qaaci songs

From Magool to Mooghe ... From Qarshe to Qadra!

Ogoow gal caano galeen and shimbirayahow heesa by Magool are my favorite.

Honestly, that legendary lady had amazing voice. I was watching a Somali modern play by some university students the other night and in one of their skits they had an act where a young man decides to do something constructive to save his lost people and there they put on this song of Magool -

Subag weel ku daatay, sina una xumaadee ......

nin lagu seexdoow ha seexan....

ha seexan ..ha seexan....

it was like that angel was singing at the backgrounds and we all felt it somehow.

beleive me, we were all moved and subdued by the beautiful sultry voice of that lady....Magool

and i have noticed tears rolling down on some faces... then an elderly Somali men stood up and just begin chanting and singing aftet her..

ha seexan ha seexan..soo jeedoo ..si weyn u foojignoow....

we all stood up and applauded it....

it was a moment where you could feel the pain and suffering we all are going through....

Somali music is very touching and sometimes painful to listen, specially the old legends...

i love Tubeec, Dhuule , Mooghe, Magool, Maandeeq, Khadra, Baxsan, Hibo, Kuluc, Salaad Derbi, Ahmed Naaji, Suufi Osman, Osman Gacalo, and so many of them

Salaam Qaraami Club

seeing as we all listing our pick of the bunch let me share mines.

I loved many of Cumar Dhuule's songs Ilaahey ha u naxariistee.... mainly these two :

Xarragada U dhalataay iyo Imika weey Gaabsato

Its been some time since I heard the song 'Dhoof Caashaq – Magool iyo M Ahmed' but thats a classic.

Another one to add to the list would be 'Onkod by Abdi Tahaliil' ..... you can't but love this song...

OK... i'm done for the time being....*** few songs i can't pinpoint the title will have to remain floating around!

Cheers Ngonge

Will need to listen to few of them to locate my songs - its a shame I left my headphones at home :mad:

*** bored at workkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk*******

Warmoog   

I think Qaraami is Somali music at its finest. It's so organic and soulful and while the undertones of foreign musical influences are obvious, it sounds uniquely Somali at the same time. It's just lovely.

These are a few of my favourites...

Khadra Dahir - Dawada Caashaqa

Ahmed Naaji - Gaarida Haween

Mohamed Mooge - Dadka Ha Iska Weyniin

Saado Cali - Samatar - Darmaan

Khadra Dahir - Raxeye (?)

Abdulkadir Jubba - Hargeysa

Magool - Allahayow Dad Ma Aqaan (I love this song)

Enjoy.

raula   

some might find it funny that I have been listening to Qarami song since I was a kid-seriously-my friends think that Iam one strange character icon_razz.gif I enjoy the puzzlement in their faces once they see me sing-a-long the most oldest qaraami songs ;)

Anywayz, AYOUB SHEIKH , do you know that that guiter--KABAN as somalis refer to it-- is also used by the ZANZIBARIS/PEMBAS/TANZANIANS and many other traditional SWAHILI legends in along the East african coast-best example is the ZANZIBAR's legendary singer ZEIN and actually the sounds/beats of his songs sound like QARAMI indeed.

OK now for my list of QARAMI songs:

First-many forgot to mention ZULFA (there is no qarami collection w/out ZULFA in it-wat is wrong with you peeps-especially that song GEDASHAMBOW :cool: <-classic history of xamaraawi daqaan if you would like to know.

boqorka codka SALEEBAAN TUBEEC-especially his really old songs like SHAMSO -shamso eelo<-deer midabkeed, GINNY,Cajaabey Cajiibey.. etc

MAGOOL -alla uu naxaristo-one of the songs beginning goes like this..masal gure cashaaqa ani sahal maigu heleyn??

another-cashaaqiiiiiiiii....kulaba jiraa?? afka lama indhowree :confused: ...

*and many more of her songs

HANUUNIYE

AHMED NAAJI

SADO CALI(the very old ones..like this lyrics..mise rucbta nasahaa, aa nasaahaan hadbo so ruxayowna, qosol kugurakaadaa *2..qosol..I used to laugh before when i here this words when I was young..

SAHRO AHMED

MANDEEQ

HIBO NUURA

~AHMED CIGAAL and QADRO DAHIR

HASSAN A.SAMATAR -especially hesta ladhaho BELADWEYN--another love tragedy encountered by the legendary HADRAAWI.

CUMAR DHUULE

BEER DHILACSHE esp. that song with SAADO CALI(classic love song)

there are many artists but my old time favourite is none other than XALIMO MILANO :D --many are not familiar w/her tunes.

next time IA i will come w/a better list ;)