Sign in to follow this  
king_450

Racial Type of Somalia

Yes, i discovered the same thread a while ago, i actually registered under the pseudonym 'Somali Poet' (see last page of the thread) because i found it so curious, some of those on that forum discussing our racial heritage are Somalis themselves, and well educated Somalis at that.

Chimera   

what a crap forum

Somalis are indigineous East Africans even Morrocans carry our neolithic great great grandfather's gene at a frequency of 70/80%

we are connected with West Africans through the PN2 clade they are E3a and we are E3b

so we are simply Africans

The purpose wasn't to deny the undeniable African heritage, but to discuss the other influences in the somali genome which make us just that bit different to the average bantu African.

Thierry.   

I must say I found it kind of interesting whether it is true or not can only be proven by scientific facts until then I will not speculate whether my great grand father was Fredrik Larsson

Cara.   

You know, it wouldn't surprise me. It's just like Somalis to leave their own country and start pyramid-building in foreign lands.

very interesting!! sometime ago i watched a pbs documentary about when the Egyptian Queen Hatshepsut's vist to somalia, it was interesting. them days, somalia was ruled by a queen.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Centurion:

The purpose wasn't to deny the undeniable African heritage, but to discuss the other influences in the somali genome which make us just that bit different to the average bantu African.

no i reject it i'm not a mixed product i'm a Cushtite and my facial features are indiginious

and first of all ''Bantu'' is a language family not a ethnicy, bantu languages in turn are part of the wider Niger-Congo language phylum just like Af Somali is Cushitic and part of the larger family called Afro-Asiatic

Afro-Asiatic.png

tutsi who speak a Bantu language and carry E3a resemble Somali people case in point Rwanda's Tutsi president

kagame.jpg

The fulani people of West Africa who carry e3a resemble Somali people

Nigerian_Muslim_Girl.jpg

this little sista looks like my niece

expand your view of Africa Somalis and Ethiopians aint the only ones looking like that in Africa

fact!!

me   

I have read posts like this couple of times before,these things should be examined.

That Numba-one dude held his ground very well.

I liked his quotes from the Quran:

And if you obey most of those in the earth, they will lead you astray from Allah's way; they follow but conjecture and they only lie. (Quran 6:16)

Or do you think that most of them do hear or use their reasoning? They are nothing but as cattle; nay, they are straying farther off from the path. (Quran 25:44)

And they shall say: O our Lord! surely we obeyed our leaders and our great men, so they led us astray from the path; (Quran 33:67)

Taliban   

Originally posted by David_Letterman:

Af Somali is Cushitic and part of the larger family called Afro-Asiatic

Is Arabic also part of the Afro-Asiatic family? I am asking because your map includes Middle Eastern countries where most people speak Arabic.

me   

Daveletterman a question.

If we start collecting everyone that looks like us, for example Fulani's Tutsi's, Oromo's, Afars etc. Where are we heading?

What will come next? a Cushtic super race/state with the myth of ancient Egypt. As in we used to rule the world before, we can rule it again?

Racial superiority like the Nazi's in Germany collecting all Germanic/Arian people to build a 1000 year empire? And whats the place for Somali Bantu's in Nationalist Somalia. According to you what is a Nationalist Somalia actually?

Is Somalia for all the people living in Somalia or only those that look like the typical farax/xalimo.

Rwanda's president looks Somali, those Hutu's had a point when they said, cut the tall tree's.

Dave we are 80% Cushitic, 15% Eurasian, and 5% bantu.

So, you're not as indigenous as you might think.

Yes, the Rwandan president looks uncommonly Somali, even for a fellow Cushite, for usually one can distinguish between Somali,and other Cushitic branches such as Tigre, Oromo etc.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Taliban:

quote:Originally posted by David_Letterman:

Af Somali is Cushitic and part of the larger family called Afro-Asiatic

Is Arabic also part of the Afro-Asiatic family? I am asking because your map includes Middle Eastern countries where most people speak Arabic.
Arabic is a Semetic language and Semetic is part of the Afro-asiatic family

Proto-Semetic originates in the Horn of Africa:

Arabic

Background and history

Arabic belongs to the Semitic language family. The members of this family have a recorded history going back thousands of years--one of the most extensive continuous archives of documents belonging to any human language group.

The Semitic languages eventually took root and flourished in the Mediterranean Basin area, especially in the Tigris-Euphrates river basin and in the coastal areas of the Levant, but where the home of the area "proto-Semitic" was located is still the object of dispute among scholars, Once, the Arabian Peninsula was thought to have been the "cradle" of proto-Semitic, but nowadays many scholars advocate the view that it originated somewhere in East Africa, probably in the area of Somalia/Ethiopia. Interestingly, both these areas are now dominated lingustically by the two youngest members of the Semitic language family: Arabic and Amharic, both of which emerged in the mid-fourth century C.E.

http://www.indiana.edu/~arabic/arabic_history.htm

Ethiopia has more semetic languages than any other place in the world so it makes sense

Chimera   
Me lol sxb Bantu's in Somalia are Somali citizens and they have every right to call it their home but i hope one day we can build an Islamic African Empire

Chimera   

Originally posted by Centurion:

[QB] Dave we are 80% Cushitic, 15% Eurasian, and 5% bantu.

So, you're not as indigenous as you might think.

incorrect! our phenotype is indigineous

Phenotype

The role of tall, linearly built populations in eastern Africa's prehistory has always been

debated. Traditionally, they are viewed as late migrants into the area. But as there is better palaeoanthropological and linguistic documentation for the earlier presence of these populations than for any other group in eastern Africa, it is far more likely that they are indigenous eastern Africans. I have argued elsewhere (Schepartz 1985) that these prehistoric linear populations show resemblances to both Upper Pleistocene eastern African fossils and present-day, non-Bantu-speaking groups in eastern Africa, with minor differences stemming from changes in overall robusticity of the dentition and skeleton. This suggests a longstanding tradition of linear populations in eastern Africa, contributing to the indigenous development of cultural and biological diversity from the Pleistocene up to the present

-----------------------------------------------

you see our facial features is not the result of foreign geneflow but simply homegrown

Genetics

Cruciani et al reported that the E3b1-delta cluster was seen at low frequencies among all European populations that included E3b's - but their paper did not include a description of the E3b1-delta haplotype. The highest frequencies of E3b1-delta were seen in Ethiopia and Somalia, and that area is assumed to be its place of origin. The authors believe that the delta cluster may have been involved in the first dispersal of E3b1's out of eastern Africa about 15 thousand years ago. The E3b1-delta cluster was introduced into Europe in a later expansion from either northern Africa or the Near East. Members of that cluster were seen in such far flung places as Pakistan. Their paper did not give a description of the E3b1-delta haplotype

E3b (E-M35) was one of the Y haplogroups that was common among the Neolithic farmers from the Middle East who first brought agriculture into Europe about 9000 years ago. Cruciani et al give an estimate of 24-27 thousand years ago for the date of the most recent common ancestor of all E3b's and named eastern Africa as the probable place of origin. The distribution of E3b in Europe is shown as the group in yellow on the fourth page of King and Underhill's paper on Neolithic ceramics. It is seen most frequently along the Mediterranean coast - especially at the eastern end. Semino et al saw E3b at frequencies of 20-24% in Greece, 10-27% in Italy, and 2-11% in Spain

----------------------------------------------

E3B

Intermediate position

In general, populations cluster by geographic origin. The most distinct separation is between African and non-African populations. The northeastern-African -- that is, the Ethiopian and Somali -- populations are located centrally between sub-Saharan African and non-African populations." These studies suggest a recent and primary subdivision between African and non-African populations, high levels of divergence among African populations, and a recent shared common ancestry of non-African populations, from a population originating in Africa. The intermediate position, between African and non-African populations, that the Ethiopians and Somalis occupy in the PCA plot also has been observed in other genetic studies (Ritte et al. 1993; Passarino et al. 1998) and could be due either to shared common ancestry or to recent gene flow. The fact that the Ethiopians and Somalis have a subset of the sub-Saharan African haplotype diversity and that the non-African populations have a subset of the diversity present in Ethiopians and Somalis makes simple-admixture models less likely; rather, these observations support the hypothesis proposed by other nuclear-genetic studies (Tishkoff et al. 1996a, 1998a, 1998b; Kidd et al. 1998) that populations in northeastern Africa may have diverged from those in the rest of sub-Saharan Africa early in the history of modern African populations and that a subset of this northeastern-African population migrated out of Africa and populated the rest of the globe. These conclusions are supported by recent mtDNA analysis (Quintana-Murci et al. 1999).

--------------------------------------

the Ancient ancestors of todays Somalis and Ethiopians migrated to the middle east and North Africa and from there spread E3b