Sign in to follow this  
Nomen nescio

Do you pray in public?

“well you both have failed to notice that i was actully correcting other nomads and telling them that they should have prayed Safar prayer instead of having to pray inside an airplane which is, never the less, an act of iman..â€

I re-read your post and I don’t see anywhere that you corrected other nomads at all. All you have asked for was other nomads opinion and OG_Girl stated hers. If you didn’t like it, you should have kept your mouth shut. My opinion on the post is simple, those who prayed on the plane, have very little knowledge about Islam and no further comments needed.

â€the attack i was talking about is belittling our holly quran which remesbled in this post below..

If you want to hear your self no need to post in public , stand front of the mirror and keep reciting it like Quraan.â€

Tell us exactly how is OG_Girl belittling the Quraan here? Do you even understand the word ‘recite’? Reciting is to repeat aloud--something rehearsed or memorized especially before an audience. So all OG-Girl meant here is, if you don’t want to hear other people’s views, recite it to yourself aloud just like one does with Quraan. So what is wrong with that??

“And i dont hate Arab ppl, i was just exposing their goverments discriminatory policies..â€

We are not here to discuss the politics of the Arab world and there is a time and place for everything. If you want that then I suggest go and discuss that in politics section or even better open another thread here. Any other objections you have about Arab governments you better send a letter to Omar Musa since he is the Secretary General of Arab League and since Somalia is member of the Arab league you have that right. So exercise your rights!

Samafal   

Although brothers had some other options that they could perform their Salat but instead, I think,prefered to honour Allah's"Signs" "Shacair" as Allah says "Waman yucadhim shacairaallahi fa inahaa mintaqwalquluub".

It also could be they meant it a way of passing on the message of Allah to others so unlucky to do so, so they could get their attention and them then starting to enquire about what they have been doing. I remember few times I have been to speakers corner, and the Salah time arrived we prayed together, iniatiating a huge attention from non-believers. They looked on like we are mad or so but then they find out we weren't, but we were just some people who have a firm believe in their religion.

Salma   

Originally posted by Simply_the_Best:

somalis argue alooot! I wonder why...hmmm...u ppl need to chill...its only words on the screen

No dear, not at all. These are not words only, they r more than words.

Some words shouldn't be said

Some words shouldn't be typed even if they came into someone's mind.

Some words should "ban" the person who said them.

But it seems the "Personal Attacks" are not listed under the "Banning Terms".

I wonder what makes a person get banned in the "Politics section" but not banned for a clear mean Personal Attack infront of everyone in this place.

Whatever it is, its not a matter of "Arabs' haters and the Arabs' lovers" I guess its more than this.

So let it be and enjoy it Jacko

Salam

Som@li   

a/c

i pray in public. ie parks, libraries,but i always consider areas where i won't be disturbed.

I believe one who misses or delays his/her salat in fear of others,has a very weak iman.

1103823964205.jpg

Those guys praying in the jet,i reckon they are courageous, On long flights, i used 2 pray while sitting,another good option for those guys would be to pray one by one instead of jamacah(group),Allah did not make our religion difficult.

bro AJ, take it easy man,I understand ur views towads Arabs countries, why not create another thread for that topic :D .

BTW OG are u related to Masris? :cool:

wasalamu calaykum

Aslamu-alikum

I don't think there's anything wrong with praying in a plane or in public wherever it may be...I wouldn't be afraid to do it and I do sometimes.

I think you all seem to be misunderstanding Action Jackson. All he asked was if it's okay to pary in public and showed a picture of muslim men praying on the plan together.

TO O.G girl

It's okay to be Arab and there's nothing wrong with it but as we all know there are racist Arab's just like racist somalians. So there's no need to fight it. However Action Jackson brother ther's no reason for you to insult a whole nation a nation that maybe somalian's themselevs came from.

The first racist person was Iblis when he refused to bow down to adam because he was made out of fire and Adam was made out of clay. So brother don't let your emotion and the shaydan in you create hatred for other people such as Arabs.

You should love all your brothers/sisters in Islam.

Abayoo O.G girl I don't know why you need to reply in the manner you did. You can express your opinion but why try to degrade people who pray in public. It's one thing to think it's not okay but another to say "Just look at pictures specially first one, how they bothering other people, is that fearing Allah wants? to bother other humanbeen specially when they have other options?" They are not bothering other people they are putting Allah before other people. How can that not be fearing allah. The first thing Allah asks you on Judgment day is if you prayed and as you know no one will make it across the bridge that's gonna be as thick as one strand of your hair if the person didn't pray Salat. So don't say they're not fearing allah.....muslim people especially old men don't need to show off to anyone I am sure there intentions are clear.

Allah knows our intentions so leave the judgement to Allah.

Og girl you wrote

Tolerance and respect is more important than your prayers.

Are you serious, please ask a million people in your country if that is true and then come back and say that again. How could you say that....? When you say something please have evidence or proof cause your opinion doesn't make things final.

The rest of the people who responded didn't seem to understand where Action Jackson was coming from but I kinda of do even though I don't agree with the way he responded to Og. girl.

When I read this

by O.G girl

If you want to hear your self no need to post in public , stand front of the mirror and keep reciting it like Quraan.

The Quran is an important scripture and you don't need to address it like that.

It doesn't sound something reasonable to say.....What are you actually trying to say?

I am not on anyone's side but O.G girl just seemed to have said a lot that I don't agree with.

Who ever said this I think it was a moderator or maybe not but whoe ever it was.......

I re-read your post and I don’t see anywhere that you corrected other nomads at all. All you have asked for was other nomads opinion and OG_Girl stated hers. If you didn’t like it, you should have kept your mouth shut. My opinion on the post is simple, those who prayed on the plane, have very little knowledge about Islam and no further comments needed.

The whole point of posting stuff on hear is to get responses and when you don't agree you argue cause if everyone agreed..... redface.gif , sometimes people's knowldege of things make other people learn new things and broaden their views on things. So there's no reason that Action Jackson should shut up if he didn't like what O.G girls said...

Your opion on the post may be simple but not agreeable. You don't even know the situation they where in before the left whatever country they left. maybe they didn't have time to pray or whatever either way I don't think they have little knowlege of Islam. The people who are watching are learning something, so I don't see how they could be bothering them.

The purpose of Salat is to remind ourselfs of Allah and to rememeber that Allah exists and that we can pray to Allah anytime we need help. As you all know we live in a fast pace world that we sometimes forget about our purpose in this world. Salat is constant reminder. When you pray your closer to Allah and when you don't your closer to shaytan and he has a control over you and start to lose touch with your religion gradually over time. So tell me how Tolerance and respect is more important then salat O.G girl.

I am not saying Tolerance and respect isn't important it certainly is but not more important than salat. Matter of fact Angels don't like people to do things that bother other people example smell, swear, burphing in public ex.

I couldn't help but respond to this post so if I am making you all read to much sorry.......Since this past year I can't see myself not praying how can anyone live in this world not praying when they know it's something that determins their future on Resurection day.....Only if you knew.......

Thanks for reading this to everyone and O.G girl plz don't get ofended cause that's not what am trying to do at all....... and if I do offend you forgive me, but I hope you learn something and please

Wiilo   

Oh dear that was long :rolleyes: :D

Back to the Topic, I also think that there is nothing wrong with praying public. I do not really care about anyone or anything when I want to pray or where I want to pray at. I only make sure the place is clean enough to pray it. But We must understand one thing when we are praying in public we must not bather others or pray in a place where people might walk back and forth or use it, but other than that u can pray anywhere u want, 'cause what matters is that u pray on time, ( Asalaatu fii waqtihaa )

OG_Girl   

^^ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Here we go again!!How many times you should type my nick, are you reciting it !!!

Look sweet girl or whatever there was a moderator here when every thing happened and there is a whole post of him been deleted ,if I did any thing wrong or broke any rules, he would warn me or say so. So spare your bla bla for some one else dear!!No one asked you your oponion if being an Arab bad or good! that wasn't the topic. The moderator warned him, if you have any objections PM the moderator.

Is my opinion, and still stand for it. You can disagree all you want, but in the end is an opinion, and I can addrres that and say , you can recite yours to your self dear.

3alam 3ajeebah!!

Salam

Xoogsade   

Just Cause, Why you do you think those who prayed in the plane have little knowledge of islam?

They could have alterior motives in doing that for all I can interpret. but lack of knowledge? I am not sure.

Sweetgirl... Allah may bless your hands for pointing out the truth..... see i found it quite peculiar that no one noticed the derogatory tone she was referring to those god fearing men and our Holy Quran!!

but i am sure your words fell on deaf ears cuz she is known to strut around on her high horse accusing nomads of "personally" attacking her while she skims SOL threads for an opportunity to yammer Hate and Qabiiil......

Bless yourheart Sweetgirl..

juba   

sweet gal well said i wonder why Og girl got offended when you said that she shouldn't. That post was pretty unoffensive to me and you seemed to be trying your best not to hurt anyones feelings a trait that SOME pple need to learn!

Og girl

spare your bla bla for someone else.. & you can recite your to yourself dear

if im correct sweet gal was sharing her opinons too just like you did.Wasn't that your whole point, that pple can respond to other pples posts?!that they are free to state their opinions?

AJ you are way to strong and harsh in your words tone it down a bit! how are we supposed to have a healthy discussion with all this insults flying around!

Back to the topic. i comend those pple who pray in public becuase they are brave souls that don't care about what or who is watching. Their prayer to God is dear to them and they don't want to delay it any further so they pray on the spot. Those pple definantly have a reserved spot in heaven!

Originally posted by juba:

AJ you are way to strong and harsh in your words tone it down a bit! how are we supposed to have a healthy discussion with all this insults flying around!

I am only harsh to those who deserve it brother.. if you read this thread over you will see that i was really nice and gentleman until she decided to diss the men in the picture.... only then i unleashed my WMD's ======> Words Of Mass Destruction ;)

uuuh.. the term WMD's is copy right protected by someone i endear so much ;)

Yeah Arabs wasn't the topic but it was mentioned and you were all offended but I was trying to tel ya you don't have to be cause we all have some racism in us. But if you're gonna have an attitude about everything anyone says then trust me so can I....

I am not a moderator and don't care what they think is write or wrong because I don't break any rules to begin with but I never said you broke rules I just said you addressed things wrong like the quran and what the people were doing.......It's opinion and your intitled to it but don't get all "dear" "dear" on me for making mine.

shyhem   

I personally believe that there is nothing wrong with praying in public,however we should be mindful of others least we impose ourselves into em or cause 'em unecesserary harm.I have also heard of stories about somalis travelling to ohio from mn who got arrested coz they were praying in public outside a gas station and someone called the police accusing them of suspicious activities.......i'm not sure how far this story is true.

Anyway prayers are mandatory and its upto u to pray in time and in the right way.