Letter to Somalia

Northern, ku mee saaka?

shaxda samada lagu dheelayee shaacirku horseeday

wax shahiid ila yaqaan shiishka waa adiye'e

sheekh allow aan wada degnee igula sheekayso,

:D

Soo bax awoowe

Malika   

^In the part regarding the second son,you showed little regards to the nature of the climate in the late 80's and early 90's..Where by in complete and utter shock,those of us in Diaspora watched events that changed what we all regarded was good of 'Somali/a'..The wide spread of hate,intolerance,indifference,killings etc..These events led to so much destraction,reaching the cores of families. It wasnt politics,this was the family at warfare with each other..[At least in what I had observed]..I think it is important that we stay true to the history of events that had lead to the changes in Somalia..It is easy to point fingures at others,blame them for this or that,which I think is what is keeping us from moving forward. We will remain in this state of confusion until we accept the truth,that we have caused each other harm,we have been indifference with each other,we have killed,maimmed each other..Until then,we will remain in our state of 'am a victim' mentality for a long long time to come.

Dear Somalia,

Even though I have never seen you,the land of my forefathers,I held and hold you dear, you shape and has always shaped my identity. To be your daughter,a Somali,is to be me..So my dear Somalia, before I was able to touch you,feel you and embrace all that my elders have told me of you,that opportunity was brutally shattered. I live in hope,that despite all that has happened,that some of us that still believes in you, shall find the means to rescue you,rebuild you so that the generations to come can walk with pride in the knowledge of you,as I did in your hay-days..

The uglyness that destroyed you, reached me so fast in lands far away from you,your daughter of generations of Somali diasporians,when a childhood friend called me f*****..Alas! The souls tinted,our once a small community of Somalis was now shattered into smaller community of Somalis in the lines of tribal affiliation..That was and is trully the tragic of it all.

Your daughter,living in hope.

raula   

^^keep the dream alive! si sote hivyo dada!

JB...hamna wasiwasi na maelezano, manake, hotuba sivyo matusi ila matusi tu.

I dont speak ksawahili, inta taqaanooy, fadlan ii sheega, Jacaylbaro weli ma wuxuu leeyahay:

Dear Somalia, aan ku waxeeyo

Malika, great two paragraphs (2nd and 3rd), kan hore waad geftay :D

^^Allamagan, af ingiriis buu ku yiri :D

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Dear Somalia,

F**** you ,,,
:D

inuu weli intii af sawahili ku leeyahay baanan hubin

^ marka haddu tii weynayd ee waalidka ahyd ee xushmada ka mudnayd sida ku yiri bal maxad u maleyni inu ka damacsan yahay tan yaroo intaa daba car-cararo. :D

nuune   

^^ Xiinka, Af Sawaaxili crash course ayaad u baahantahay duqa, from what I can see, JB can't speak Swahili, waa jajab iyo qajajac un no meaning.

Just say: Hakuna Matata and you are done :D

Kool_Kat   

Idinkaa JB qalad u fahmay, kalmada aad u maleysaan inuu yiri sow afar xaraf ma'aha? Hade isaga kalmad shan xaraf ah buu qoray! Odayga copying and pasting haduusan sameyneyn, half the time he doesn't make sense... :D