Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

Oh God! would you divorce your wife if she lied to you...

Ok , Ok, I know that I’m a girl and I’m not “supposed to “ talk about these kinds of things. But I heard some terrible news last night. A relative of mine got married about a month ago. She had a lavish wedding and moved to a different state for the guy. Now, only a month later He DIVORCED her :( because she “lied” about being a virgin redface.gif . Accusations are now flying. The girl is insisting that she never had any relations with a man (I believe her) and the only reason he is doing this is because he says she was supposed to bleed (sorry for the graphic nature of the story) a lot and she didn’t. His only defense is “I’ve been with many virgins and I know one when I see one” :rolleyes:

So SOL boys, would you divorce or leave someone you love if you found out(or you suspected) she wasn’t a virgin?

Covers her ears with her hands and ducks from all the “naaya, ma waxaasad la shir timi and all the how dare you.” Waves at AT&T and Ngonge. :D

Ms DD   

Hi Choc

I wouldnt divorce her..if she came clean in the first place..(if i was a man). But such is life that we have to take men's word for thier purity.

I also heard (waxaa la yeri) a girl was divorced, and her only crime was..she used ride horses.

edit

Bleeding never proves anything. Maybe he should get educated.

Malika   

^Looooooool@the wave@ Ngonge and A&T corruption soqootaa wayee kuwaasi.

Scandalous, affair waaye waxaan bisinkaa!

He says what? he has plenty of experience aa,bloody hypocrite. He should be stoned to death!

Dhubad.   

The guy needs to be educated on this, bleeding doesn't prove anything.

I feel sorry for the girl, ilaahay ha u fududeeyo.

No I wouldn't divorce her.

NGONGE   

Reminds me of this:

Outrage as French judge annuls Muslim marriage over bride's virginity lie

Charles Bremner in Paris

The annulment of a young Muslim couple’s marriage because the bride was not a virgin has caused anger in France, prompting President Sarkozy’s party to call for a change in the law.

The decision by a court in Lille was condemned by the Government, media, feminists and civil rights organisations after it was reported in a legal journal on Thursday. Patrick Devedjian, leader of the ruling Union for a Popular Movement, said it was unacceptable that the law could be used for religious reasons to repudiate a bride. It must be modified “to put an end to this extremely disturbing situation”, he said.

The case, which had previously gone unreported, involved an engineer in his 30s, named as Mr X, who married Ms Y, a student nurse in her 20s, in 2006. The wedding night party was still under way at the family’s home in Roubaix when the groom came down from the bedroom complaining that his bride was not a virgin. He could not display the blood-stained sheet that is traditionally exhibited as proof of the bride’s “purity”.

Mr X went to court the following morning and was granted a annulment on the grounds that his bride had deceived him on “one of the essential elements” of the marriage. In disgrace with both families, she acknowledged that she had led her groom to believe that she was a virgin when she had already had sexual intercourse. She did not oppose the annulment.

Critics ran out of superlatives to condemn what they depicted as a dangerous aberration. Valérie Létard, Minister for Women’s Rights, said that she was “shocked to see that today in France the civil law can be used to diminish the status of women”.

Elisabeth Badinter, a philosopher and pioneer of women’s legal rights, said that she felt shame for the French justice system. “The sexuality of women in France is a private and free matter,” she said. “The annulment will just serve to send young Muslim girls running to hospitals to have their hymens restored.”

Although officially discouraged, the 30-minute operation is in increasing demand from Muslim women who fear the consequences of being unable to prove their virginity on their wedding night. Numerous agencies offer services for surgery trips to north African nations. One is offering a “hymenoplasty trip” to Tunis for €1,250 (£980). Internet sites and blogs are full of would-be brides in fear of the test of “the blood-soaked sheet”.

While ministers fulminated against the Lille decision, a different stand was taken by Rachida Dati, the Justice Minister, who has Moroccan and Tunisian parents. The law had, she said, protected the bride. “Annulling a marriage is a way of protecting the person who perhaps wants to undo a marriage. I think this young girl wanted . . . to separate quite quickly. The law is there to protect vulnerable people,” Ms Dati said.

The annulment was defended by Xavier Labbée, the lawyer who acted for Ms Y. The decision was justified by the bride’s deception, not her sexual history, he argued. “Quite simply it is about a lie,” he said. “Religion did not motivate the decision . . . but it is true that religious convictions played a role.”

Requests for annulments have risen sharply to nearly 2,000 a year in France, but experts could recall no case involving non-virginity.

:D

** waves back **

Source: Timesonline.com

Ibtisam   

P.s. Why did it take a whole month?? You would think he would notice first time. ~Me thinks he was just looking for an excues. Make sure she demands her right.

P.s.s. Lie, is lie, someone can be divorced for lying regardless. DID he ask her before hand? Ultimately it comes down to trust, without it they cannot build a marriage.

P.s.s.s. IF she swear to God and he still doubts her, then Allah is the best of judges and if she is telling the truth then she is better off without him and Allah will look after her.

Abtigiis   

No blood, no original! The man is right to refuse to buy used clothes. If they discussed about it before, it shouldn't be a problem.

Imagine, you go to a shop and ask for a new shirt. you are given a packed one, only to see later at home that it has marks of pen prints near the top pocket. Apparently, it belonged to an executive manager who gave it to charity and it ended up on the shelves of the shop via the hands of cheats.

If she was thinking of fooling her man, she should have married a novince Xeroow, not a seasoned rider.

“I’ve been with many virgins and I know one when I see one” lol and his evidence is Blood Oh god help us from Ignorant faraaxs. But you gotta love the double standard though it’s hilarious.

p.s She is better off without him.

peasant   

What a jerk.......

The girl should know better than playing with players. For players their game is simple and the ultimate objective is to slay more and more girls.

nuune   

I just remembered the Juus Gareen System, it should have being applied therre at first place before anything started!!

nuune   

Ms DD, lool, well the system is for women only at the moment but men also could benefit from it I guess since it is a very smooth system.

Well, as for the topic, labada qof hadeysan daacad isku aheen how can they get marry at first bal.

Ibtisam   

Focus people, the issue is the LIE, the virginity is an extension of the immediate problem, and neither here nor there. When I saw this post, my feminist side came out gun blasing too!. :D

So, the issue is would you divorce your wife is she lied. Islamicly he is entitled to divorce her for lying.

Cara.   

If he wanted guarantees, he should have married one of the girls he already deflowered (LOL). Or is that too logical a solution?

What is Juus Gareen System @ Nuune?

Somehow I expected RedSea in here, giving graphic but largely irrelevant advice :D