Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

The muufo appreciation society

well thnx idil, i thought i was the odd one out! u know they ask me if i want mufu when i go the somali resturant...! i tried one, it was just eating spong.

i kinda of garlic nan dude! thats sweet.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^How so?

You see, i'm glad you asked that, since this was not a trivial job. My question was simple, namely, when should one be at liberty to scoff some muufo?

Given that there are approximately 364 days in year (obviously discounting leap years for the moment) and any combination of these days is acceptable, I realised the possible set of options being 364 factorial, was simply too large. This can be seen in the following graph that i plotted, as you can see, past 4 possible outcomes, we just get chaos, too many choices to make sense of.

g1rc1.jpg

So I decided to reduce the possible set of candidate days to those in which the muufo might be extra tasty. To do this, I modelled, each months tastiness (using various factors) and cross modulated these results with the other offerings available during that month - obviously i did this so that muufo would retain its extra specialness. The following graph shows the results of my systematic analysis.

g3xy4.jpg

With these results in hand, all I have to was an eigen analysis on the relative displacement matrices that came up and as shown in the graph below, it turned out that the highest relative displacement which corresponds with tastiness was found in the period between mid september and october (at the bottom, on the zero line),

g2fy5.jpg

thereby supporting my initial hunch that ramadan was the best time for it. Therefore I needed to post ASAP to find the recipe.

I hope that helped.

^^ :D:D

So Ramadan is the muufo Month...

On your analysis. Although one admires your analytical skills, one also laments on the time you wasted on these futile exercises---resorting to systematic modeling to support own apatite surge, and momentary at that! That does not mean that I don’t appreciate your efforts adeer—both the efforts and the results are owe-inspiring in technical terms. But it’s the lack of substance that renders the whole efforts to a mere statistical triviality! Alas, it’s not the residuals and out-layers you missed---we could’ve forgiven you for that. What you missed is, for some, Ramadan is not a month of food, much less special food flavors. And that leaves a big dent on your statistical analysis on the q I posted to you!

But again I think I got your prank….it was seriously genuine!

:D:D

xiin, thanks for the reminder of what is and isn't, i'll try to account for it in my next analysis. but just so that i never get it wrong again, could you do as categorical list by any chance?

I am beginning to like you yaa Caano!

In your mind, what do you think major themes of Ramadan are?

^^This is a bid to extract some lasting wisdom from you…

^^Caano’s creativity has gone astray yaa Serenity. He flexed his mathematical muscles on us, the uninitiated :D . And that amounted to killing a mere fly with the proverbial massive hammer. But it was not the misplaced pound I mourned. Rather it was the spectacular miss of the target, however feeble it was to begin with.

Now I believe I gave him a better problem to work with. That shall prove beneficial for all of us.

How’s that as a humble critique :D ?

xiin, again, thank you so so much for your guidance and critique. I've gone back to the drawing boards and after much thought and deliberation, this time I really think I've found the deep meaning and true wisdom in your words. I pray you will also find that I have captured the nature of this nugget of inspiration.

takingoutofarsescl7.jpg

Zafir   

CG, I truly believe this one deserves the benefit of the doubt. Plus, mind you, the only reply that could have topped your analysis post was somewhat of a snobbish one.