Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

Universal TV becomes affluent out of the Somalis wealth in UK

The Somali clerics and intellectuals have urged the administration of Universal TV to stop their progammes of robbing the Somalis in UK particularly the women and Children

Some of the allegations against Universal TV are the collections of money which the TV does it gains an income of 40%

These Programmes which the administration of Universal TV has became well-off gaining illegal income from the Somali Women and children in UK include an NGO called ADT which is ran by individuals who are members of a religious group called Al-Itihad, and they add petrol to the blazing fire in Somalia, and falsely say that they are helping the contributed money to orphans and other vulnerable people back inn the country

The Somalis back home who are regularly watching at Universal TV have sent E-Mails asking themselves which portion of the country, has ADT so far taken Aid to, since they are in everywhere in the country.

Frankly speaking ADT and the other NGOs which are similar to it have never taken any sort of contributed Aid to any of the regions in Somalia, apart from when taking images from suffering people, asying that they should be help.

ADT means African Development Trust or Al-Itihad Development Trust!!

It is very significant to make sure, whatever you are doing what has brought the Somalis all the way to here is just because not taking extra precautions to whatever they are doing.

How do feel if a tick is sold to your own son to fight in Somalia out of what you have been sincerely contributing as charity to your suffering people in back in Somalia, and how do you also fell if guns and ammunitions to kill the Somalis who are suffering, are sold to what you have been donating as charity

Some of the other hidden frightening issues which the administration of Universal TV do is they ask the Clerics who present religious programmes in the TV to pay them.

If a Sheikh from Ahlu-Sunnah Waljama comes to the Universal TV studio to present a religious programme he is suppose to pay an amount of 1200 pound, while a Sheikh from Al-Itihad pays 800 pound which is not really fair.

An officer in the TV who has declined to be named has defended the reason as to why they have knocked off the preaching price of the Sheikhs of Al-Itihad.

“The Sheikhs from Al-Itihad present their religious programmes for three hours while the Sheikhs from Ahlu-Summah Waljama just present for an hour” said the officers who works for Universal TV and does not whish his name to be disclosed.

“This group called Al-Itihad is group which has apparently said that nobody can pray for his fellow Muslim and are greedily taking wealth donated by the Somalis in UK particularly the women and Children in the wrong manner, even if the parson says that he does not want to prayed for and says he will pray for his own they won’t accept” said the a famous Cleric who is a member of Ahlu-Sunnah Waljama a moderate religious sector who has contacted us while laughing, and requested his named not to be reveled.

The Sheikh has described the administration of Universal TV as religious less and faithless, and takes a lot of money in the presentation of the preaching of the Islamic religion.

It has not happened in the Somali history that a radio station or a TV channel to owned by Somalis to charge religious programmes, fear from your creator and stop charging the Sheikhs who are conveying religious issues to the people, and as well stop robbing the people smartly, bear in mind that there will be a day when you cannot fool the people” said the Sheikh from Ahlu-Sunnah Waljama

Though the administration of Universal has smartly obtained illegitimate money from the Somalis in UK, this has happened because the Somali societies in UK are not aware of the cheating which this smart people are doing to them.

The most disgraceful thing is that so far there is nobody who has seen ADT NGO, distributing the charity it has in mass accumulated from the Somalis in UK to the Orphans or the other desperate people in the country.

This is very unfortunate matter it was upon the responsibility of the press to fight against all kinds of corruptions, and the other tactics to rob the people, this is a absolute abuse to the of the press

However it is upon the responsibility of the Somali press to serve its people however the situation is hard against them, and strictly sticks to this Somali saying which says (IT IS NOT RATIONAL TO EAT CARCASS EVEN IF YOU ARE HUNGRY)

http://www.waagacusu b.com/english/20.9.0 9.1.tv.htm

nuune   

I don't know about that said NGO, but the writer(Daahir Alasow who owns waagacusub.com) of this article sounds angry and frustrated, he is not bringing any conrete evidence to his argument.

Waa Soomaali iyo hinaas/maseer of other's.

I don't even wwatch Universal TV, I hate their non stop commercials of xawaaladaha.

PS: The whole article can be summarised as a campaign against Alshabaab!

Dhubad.   

The guy is jealous that is all. I know what agitates him, basically there was Live donations through the whole Ramadan on Universal TV for a new mosque (Darusalaam, in Southall) acquired by the Somali community and mashallah the organisers managed to raise 1 million pound in cash.

Before the TV appeal they only had £50,000 in cash so having a community TV is very important.

Marka this guy he is jealous that is all.!

wp16286d26.png

NGONGE   

^^ Wasn't just one Masjid either. They raised money for a few others.

I think the guys at Universal are doing a great job. I don't care for any fraud (even if proven).

nuune   

^^^ And the Leiceter mosque, Alfurqaan, the Somali community there bought this BIG warehouse, what about to become the biggest mosque in the UK called Alfurqaan owned by Somalis.

I know the organisers personally of Alfurqaan, and they raised more money through Universal tv.

Of course, Universal TV will get some money for using their service, but not alot.

Ibtisam   

I want to know more about the ADT allegation, we are thinking of challenging charity money through them, so I want to know why he thinks the money does not reach anyone.

As for the mosque appeal, the brothers paid for the air time, cameras, studio time and few other charges each time. They did not give 40% of the collected funds to UniTv. I know this for a fact.

Overall it sounds like angry hot air and very unproductive rant, why must we always cast suspicious and bring people down in our community,

Indeed, Leicester-based Al Furqan had to fundraise before October as they told us during our own fundraising trip over there; glad that it is done before scheduled and that Darusalam has garnered its first million so quickly.

Also, people during our own fundraising trip were already informed thanks to our ad on Universal.

Recently, we were at the Somali Islington mosque on Brewery road during tahajud (they've got a very calm and mild mannered imam mashallah); it is relatively huge and overwhelmed on Fridays (so there was a great need).

That also shows how much confidence we gained lately.

TV is hardly healthy and Universal is no exception but these allegations should not be taken seriously; a close acquaintance of mine was not only lecturing there regularly but was also even paid to do so (though it was symbolic), let alone being asked to pay!

As for ADT, they indeed do a badly needed service while humanitarian aid is already in very short supply back home; they are run by Islamic characters and have close relationship with the Whitechapel mosque. Likewise, they were invited in my local mosque during Ramadan despite the mosque own fundraising going on and a close acquaintance of mine assist them.That is why I have no problem in trusting them!

African Development Trust (check their activities for yourself)

PS: deliberately misleading threats which moreover attack badly needed nervices should be censured and people should not cut and paste whatever they hear!

peasant   

War ninku waa qolama yaase iska leh talefishinka? Bingo you now have your answer. Dont go further and waste your precious time figuring out what raged this nutcase.

This so-called waaga Cusub website is one hell of an online Pirate (if there is such a thing). He uses this technique where he attacks Somali business with baseless allegations and blackmails them into paying him.

Fact: He recently created false documents about Qaran Express claiming they were supporting Al-Shabaab. Qaran used British based law firm to threaten him with legal action unless he produced concrete evidence to attest his claims. The article which was posted on another website [ http://www.mareeg.co m/fidsan.php?sid=123 09&tirsan=3 ] was later removed. Qaran rightly have decided to continue with the legal action against him even after they have retracted from it.

Fact: He used exactly the same technique against 2 other major Hawala services (I would rather not name them). One of them ended up paying him a large sum and the other offered him advertisement deal just to avoid any unnecessary disruption to their services.

This guy is nothing more than a crook and a modern day online pirate. Just look at his site and see all sorts of baseless things he posts in there. It is sad people like him can claim to be “our journalists”. I guess some people never grow out of Isbaaro meel la dhigto even if Online.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Dhubad.:

The guy is jealous that is all. I know what agitates him, basically there was Live donations through the whole Ramadan on Universal TV for a new mosque (Darusalaam, in Southall) acquired by the Somali community and mashallah the organisers managed to raise
1 million pound in cash.

Before the TV appeal they only had
£50,000
in cash so having a community TV is very important.

Marka this guy he is jealous that is all.!

wp16286d26.png

Waw! Impressed with reer Southall, walaahi. Maasha-Allaah.

Dhubab where in Southall was the mosque built? Around Southall Common or the Broadway area.

Southall, hayes iyo hounslow are for me the closest place to home. Lovely feeling.

Dhubad.   

Paragon, its located around Southall Common near the coventway. The building used to be offices , at the moment they are renting just one floor but the deal is to buy the whole building at £1.7m once the whole amount is raised.

So far we have around £1.2m in cash. Very impressive indeed, we even have people sending money from Somalia to contribute this project.