Sign in to follow this  
ProudSista

What makes us proud?

Salam

Let me tell u what makes me PROUD. smile.gif

Abayoo,and abowee are my two favorite words and jubo and hassen adan samatar are my to favourite singers, my best friend is nasra and this brotha i love is called Abshir. No am not a fan of miss elliott or joe.. i rather have shimbirta from jupa, no appel-pie for me but some cangeroo will do my day,oh i just can't resist the way my habaryar makes them yam yam yam one for you and one for me, doesn't this just taste so great, i have the most beautiful skin-colour and the most beautiful language. I love when my somali brotha calls me abayoo ooooh no other word can touch me the way that word does, and when my sweet sister say's hayee lol isn't that funny, never will english, hollands or german replace that.......look at my abshir oooh cute he is and believe me never can a latino,antilian,jamaiken, haitian, or anyone else make me laugh & Smile the way he does smile.gif ....And am proud to say I am a proud somali!!

I just thought about this today and thought to just write it down and share it with u people, plz don't hesitate to say what makes you proud or what makes you feel good too. thanx.

Salaama

There is nothing else i like seeing then a CONTENT Somali.......ProudSista preach ON hun ;)

I'm Proud to be a Muslimah in this western world and sharing my views with the my American friends. I'm proud of the Way my Mom and Dad keep us all together and create a loving ambiance..........for growth and vitality......not to mention Iman....I'm proud of the way my ayeeyo showers me with her beautiful words of wisdom and in return how I teach her about life here in the states "Maya granny that white man is not skinny becuz of AIDS"...lol... I'm proud of the way my hair is wavy(typical Somali for ya) and the maah maah of my native land.I'm proud of my be PROUD-your-African dayz. I'm proud of the way I keep my Somali roots yet never miss a winter of ice skating :D and bowling.Proud of my confidence and blessings in life.

I'm proud to be Muslimah, A Somali, a grand-daughter, a daughter, a sister, an aunt and inshallah in the future a great Mom smile.gif

GODBLESS

Ariadne   

Hi my name is Xalimo* and I am Somali.

Im proud my names is strange and/or unusaul to the north american ear. I am also proud that most of my people have been blessed with beautiful singing voices excluding me. I am proud we are a hard working and persistant people.

I am proud that I have 8 siblings on my moms side and 20 on my dads. The cheetah is a proud and noble animal...and so is the ostrich ...and most of all so is the camel smile.gif . And its koofiyad not hat. Muufo not pancakes and last but not leats shaah xawashleh not spiced tea. The country was militaristic totalitarianism not communist, just like chile (Im not so proud of that). We believe in peace not war. We don't eat monkeys. We don't all live in huts. Yes, we do have electricity there (although limited). We have such things going for us as homogenousness and trust (in the good old days).

I am proud to say we get movies from hollywood decades later, but Hindi movies after 6 months to a year. I am also proud to say Neighbors beleive in disciplining your children when they do something out of hand and you are not there to see it. And for the last time its somali not somalian!. I am proud we are known as a nation of poets and storytellers.

We beleive in policing not peace-keeping.

Somalia has one of the smallest populations in the world. Somalia has the longest coastline in all of africa.

Somalia is one of the smallest countries in the world. This making it all the biggest occupied space in my heart.

My name is Xalimo* and I am Somali smile.gif

This statement has been borrowed from the Molson Beer commercial for I am canadian commericials.

* names may been changed for protection*and the author has exaagerated a little by saying biggest occupied space for her country in her heart. The author loves her country but loves her family more.

You sure make me laugh sista hustla! :D

Beautifull it really touched my heart nice to know we have proud sista's in the house. smile.gif

Sista Xalimo beautifull name, tell me sis blessed whis a beautifull voice you must be talking about me huh...I don't wonna show of but bless me i have the most beautifull voice alhamdulilah. And whis my drama talent lolz i can play in Qabyo three... ;) wink wink

Where ma proud sista's @ huh holla back !

Mujahida   

MashaAllah I believe those words come from ur heart PROUDSISTA. smile.gif

I am proud that ALLAH has choosen me to be a Muslimah alhamdulilah and coming from one of the best families that any girl could wish for. I'm proud that My mother and father have been married for 25 years Alhamdulilah. I'm proud to have have 9 wonderful people in my life whom I call my brothas and sistas. There is so much that I'm proud Of that means I can go on all day and all night but lemme just say Alhamdulilah For reckognising it as something to be proud of and Alhamdulilah that I've been destined to face them in the way's that I have. And Alhamduliah that Proud sista is my sista. I admire you

girl smile.gif .

But most of all I'm proud that my Ummihabibty=Mysweetmother is my mother " abel kedana ma gudi keree" hadai dulka iyo cirka ey isku imadaan " But I'm trying to please her as much as I can.

Salam

sita Let me tell u what makes me PROUD.

Abayoo,and abowee or walaal, walaalay or ina habayar or ina atteer are my favorite words and jubo and hassen adan samatar and hibo nuura and

AXMED ALI CIGAAL " SOO, GABAGABEE" FARTUUN BIRIIME OMAR YARE OMAR DUULE SAHARA AHMED favourite singers.SISTA WE HAVE SOME INCAMONN.

CANJEELO AND XALWO BUSKIT, MOFO SHAAHI COOTGAC,BARIIS BAASTO,YAM YAM ARE MY favorite

FOOD..ME AND MY COUSIN WHEN WE GOING TO THE MOVIES THAT MAKES ME HAPPY.... :D THIS LOVELY BROTA CALLED AHMED WHEN HE CALLED ME INA ATEER THAT IS EVERY TOUCHING MY HEART.. :D:D:D

Istaahil   

i get happy to see u somali girls talking that way. what makes me proud? hummmmmmm?

my couple of friends here in sydney. thats right the lakemba girls, althoough we all are form different qabils and countries, but there are no other friends united then us.

and what will make me even more proud is somalia being that way. i wish to be alive that day and see somalia united and tribalism eliminated. and the muslims being one to ruin isreal and all the ****in jews.

insh allah may allah be with us.

proud

dawoco   

Isn't it good to be Somali? Despite everything that has happened, so many still have faith in the way life once was.

I only wish I had more yrs in our homeland and more memories :(

But to continue the tradition of this topic, I am proud that my sister can still chase her children around the neighbourhood with one dacas in hand, so they are raised in the Somali fashion.

icon_razz.gif

You can take us out of Somalia, but you can't take Somalia out of us. And that is what i am proud of.

Jaabir   

Originally posted by dawoco:

Isn't it good to be Somali? Despite everything that has happened, so many still have faith in the way life once was.

Damn right i am proud to be somali.. and even prouder that my birth day is actually our independance day smile.gif

Love ya all Somali's,,,, and i wish i can go see our homeland soon insha alaah..

Qac Qaac   

first of all i am proud to be Muslim from the region of Somalia

I am proud to be a somali. not an azzzzz kisser unlike some countries.

I am proud how Ahmed Gurey defeated the Portugees.

I am proud how the Italians, French, and English, couldn't rest in our land.

I am proud the fact they call the sayyid, the mad mullah.

Yup i am proud Somalians.. and now insha'allah we'll move on from these bad times.

maansha allaah!

Am proud of being somalian

Am proud of seing our somali women wearing DIRACS in the mall or the Streets

Am proud the fact that when 1 of us needs help we put our lifes on the line

Am proud that we are muslims at first

Am proud that we ain't scared of no one

Am proud bout the fact we might hav our own differences but when an outsider comes we are one

Am proud bout the fact we eat food with our hands out of modesty n humbleness

Am proud bout that fact we luv n respect our elders...n the fact that they would make time out of their busy schedules to stop n talk to the young kids on the streets saying (dont smoke, go pray, stop hanging out with bad friends)

Am proud bout the fact that QABIIL is leaving our system now adays

Am proud that we feel n care for one another even thou we don't know each other

Am proud that we luv ta share with each other

Am proud that we all have one thing in common ( the luv for our ppl n our country)

asxantu

I am proud that I am an individual, who can freely think for herself, and have had the benefit of going to different countries and experiencing different cultures without being close-minded.

Yeah, and I am proud of my mom for more reasons than one.