Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Asalamu Caleykum Somali sisters and brothers here.

NASSIR   

Congratulations to our somali girls for picking up their place in society. I have come to realize majority of current young Uni students are predominantly female. From every aspect, they tend to create a symbolic change that is based on long term favorable image of women in our community.

Keep up the good work

Wiilo   

Nassir thank you very much for posting this and showing what you feel about the future of the our Somali women, and the roles they will play in our community in the future. In my school, I think I can say that 5 to 10% of Somali Students are female, not only that but they are studying different fields, and the number of female students are increasing drastically every year which is a wonderful news to our Somali Cmmunity.

Maashaa Allaah........

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

nafta   

hmm...interesting

all u half-baked men should take an example to this guy, he's got the guts to come and say as it is

W/ Salam

Am just glad to see the numbers of somali students attending and finishing university rise continually each year. A more educated, qaulified generation should mean (eventually) a bigg rise in the standard of living that is needed in our communities across the world.

So Congrats to all you students, keep improving yourselves & Keep making your ppl Happy

Originally posted by Shabella:

Jacaylbaro...I didnt expect that coming from you
icon_razz.gif

Shabella,

Congratulations First for All Ladies, Women, Girls and so on for their effort.

Not only learning . . yeah they are learning but i need to see changes in our society . . We have a lot of well educated women rather than the previous years but tell me any change in our community ??

That is the importance . . . .

Jacaylbaro

To make changes needs solidarity both from both sexes and from each age group. Unfortunately due to our 'Somali' issues progress is hard to be seen. I pray for the day when women from all corners of Somalia (who live on different continents) will decide to make changes as projects to address the problems we face as a community. I do see progress but it is mostly district/region based run by women.

Thanks for that post.

The way i see it the benefits will begin after we have get more somalis in the workforce.

Untill then we can only plan how we can each contribute to our communities, not only in the west, but more importantly for our communities in Somalia.

like they say education is the key to success.

Qac Qaac   

it is good thing that our women become educated.. but i sincerely hope they learn something that would benefit them, and their society, and back home somalia.....

even though is one of the sign of qiyamah, when the women come out in front, and dominate men like they are now.. in almost most of the fields.. also when u see muslim women giving dacwah more then the men..

I personally don't mind... i wish though, they were close to the islamic studies more..

Rahima   

Why thank-you young man smile.gif

It's about time our brothers got off their behinds instead of sitting in the mukhaayado talking rubbish politics (generalising boys so calm down :D )

Qac Qaac   

let's not generalize all the brothers.. and i doubt that ur generation of men are those that sit in the coffee shops..

so pls let's help each other, we are brothers and sisters, no need for gender war between the families..

with all those educated women, i am still waiting a woman is scholar in deen..