Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Male-free Zone.

Cara.   

^So should the two of us form SOL's first LGBT community? We should recruite unknown1 too...

Ibti, it WOULD have worked if KK's uncontrollable giggling didn't give us away :(

-----------------------------------

Girls = Boys at Math

By David Malakoff

ScienceNOW Daily News

24 July 2008

Zip. Zilch. Nada. There's no real difference between the scores of U.S. boys and girls on common math tests, according to a massive new study. Educators hope the finding will finally dispel lingering perceptions that girls don't measure up to boys when it comes to crunching numbers.

"This shows there's no issue of intellectual ability--and that's a message we still need to get out to some of our parents and teachers," says Henry "Hank" Kepner, president of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics in Reston, Virginia.

It won't be a new message. Nearly 20 years ago, a large-scale study led by psychologist Janet Hyde of the University of Wisconsin, Madison, found a "trivial" gap in math test scores between boys and girls in elementary and middle school. But it did suggest that boys were better at solving more complex problems by the time they got to high school.

Now, even that small gap has disappeared, Hyde reports in tomorrow's issue of Science. Her team sifted through scores from standardized tests taken in 2005, 2006, and 2007 by nearly 7 million students in 10 states. Overall, the researchers found "no gender difference" in scores among children in grades two through 11. Among students with the highest test scores, the team did find that white boys outnumbered white girls by about two to one. Among Asians, however, that result was nearly reversed. Hyde says that suggests that cultural and social factors, not gender alone, influence how well students perform on tests.

http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/2008/724/1

Buuxo   

Lovely idea Ibti ;)

Salan Sare to all you lovely Somali sisters in SOL. Hopefully we can discuss anything and everything here.

I have an idea ;lets all go on a strike from the general section :D inorder to revive the womens section.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

Any girl who posts after me is a lesbo ..........
:D

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A...Good one...

Waayaabay aniga, WAAN YAAAAAABAY! Jaceyl rag loo qabo lee maa halahaan loo maraa? Iyaah!

Gender confused.com.. Seriously why the influx of male activity in a thread that clearly states MALE FREE ZONE? Is beyond me.

** ibti the place needs deep cleaning and YES don’t forget Unknown 1 he/she is too confusing and if one doesn’t know which gender one belongs to then s/he can take that confusion elsewhere….

Malika lol, torture him my dear with all sorts of music/stuff make him run away…

Ibti as for the question- dear it’s already hard as it is for rape victims to come forward due to the decades of mistreatment under the English law and now this seriously am shocked. I don’t care if she was drunk or not. Naked or not, the cut indicates that the woman was partially responsible is absurd in all levels (does that mean she is not a victim per see?). No woman deserves to be taken advantage of’ or violated in such manner irregardless of the fact she was intoxicated at the time or not Rape is a rape and no means just that NO…

Ibtisam   

^^^Then was was your trying to chat me up in PM, are you a lesbian?? :eek: good thing I did not respond, what ever the case, and don't even think about deny it, I still have the PMs :D

CL, Hello, how are you??

Yeah I can see what you are saying. I agree. I wanted to add something else, but too tired to think of what now, will do it 2morrow inshallah.

The guys, if I can call them that :rolleyes: waste of space.