Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Baby Moma

Ibtisam   

Never underestimate what money can buy. Women renting their bodies to other women. Why not open the market for men. I'm sure they too would love to do some renting of young healthy good looking girls. Maybe for different purposes but competitions is always good for business.

It is open and they do :confused: it is the oldest trade in the book: Aka Prostitution

How of a mother that never carried, breast fed and never given birth to the baby? Is that really the definition of motherhood?

The same could be said of adoption. I don't think that is the issue. I heard the same evidence base as Haneefah on this one.

Cara.   

LOL @ Jimcaale. Have you been living in a cave?

Hiring wet-nurses to breast feed your baby used to be common before. It was practically unthinkable for women of higher status to actually nurse their own children. Is hiring a womb really that much of a stretch when people used hire breasts? Did the young children question who their real mothers were, or was it a common cultural practice so they never thought of the fact that they have a real mom, and they have a wet-nurse? I would imagine they actually bonded far more with the wet-nurse than the child of a surrogate mother would bond with her.

Every thing old is new again.

Haye, Kuusha, filinka masoo fiirsatay?

Aniga the other night Harold and Kumar II fiirsaday, not bad. I thought inaa shaneemo ka weynaaday, God. Maxaa sameyn karnaa hee the other significant wanted to see a movie. No one listened my idea of if we buy shaah and read the favourite newspapers at a coffee place. :D

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

I never understood this surrogate thing very well. I thought it meant implanting bank sperm to the mother and the baby grows to search his biological father on Google. From I am reading here, I gather it also means buying or renting a womb of another woman for carrying a baby for nine long months. Aduunyo xaalkaa ba' Someone remind me that maahmaah, cimrigaagoo dheeraada....

A couple trying to have a baby goes to the hosptial, doctor takes the husbands stuff, mix with the women's eggs, implant them into a rental womb [of another women, preferably young healthy good looking one] for nine long months. Baby comes to the world confused. Has a father and two mothers, one related by blood, the other by attachment and birth. How of a mother that never carried, breast fed and never given birth to the baby? Is that really the definition of motherhood?

Never underestimate what money can buy. Women renting their bodies to other women. Why not open the market for men. I'm sure they too would love to do some renting of young healthy good looking girls. Maybe for different purposes but competitions is always good for business.

Jimcaale, nin mutacalim ah ayaan ku moodi jirey runtii.

Surrogacy is usually a last resort for couples who cannot have a baby al naturale. I don’t see why a woman who has healthy eggs but is unable to carry a child to term for whatever reason (usually this can be any number of health problems with the woman, or her womb), cannot use this method.

No couple should be denied the gift of a biological child, if there is a way.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Haye, Kuusha, filinka masoo fiirsatay?

Aniga the other night
Harold and Kumar II
fiirsaday, not bad. I thought inaa shaneemo ka weynaaday, God. Maxaa sameyn karnaa hee the other significant wanted to see a movie. No one listened my idea of if we buy shaah and read the favourite newspapers at a coffee place.
:D

Didn't see Baby Mama yet...Are you kidding me, we saw Harold and Kumar too? OH GOSH, did I laugh or did I laugh or did I laugh? Ilinta waa iska socotay non-stop...

Mr. Newspaper, did you cover your face with your newspaper when certain scenes were being showed, me wonder? :D Ar idaa ha i dambaajininee...

Back to the topic, what if the surrogate mother is the 2nd wife of the husband? Let's say wife #1 can't have children, husband takes on wife #2 so he can have children...So far so good...Now, what if the #2 wife offers to be a surrogate mother to carry the child for wife #1 and the husband? Is that allowed in Islam? Or would this be more of Allah vs Science?

Honest to god, surrogacy will never be something I would consider...But easier said than done! The way I see it is that children are indeed a blessing of Allah...And if Allah does not bless any couple with a child(ren), they should just accept it and move on - as a pair or go on their separate ways...

However, this 'the child will be confused' bs isn't just flying with me...How would a child who's the result of surrogacy be any more confused than that of an adopted one? :confused:

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Cadaan:

^If there is a
halal
way, I agree. If there is none, there's always adoption.

Fostering, surely!

-Lily-   

You don’t give birth to the surrogate child but it shares some genetic make up with you. You also don’t give birth to an adopted child but naturally it doesn’t share anything biological with you. Surely adoption sounds much easier and is guaranteed halal if you want to be on the safe side? Plus think of all the children without loving homes.

North, unless I'm seriously misled, IVF is using the father's sperm and the mother's egg to create an embryo outside of the womb, once aided fertilization takes place , it is then implanted back into the mother’s womb to develop. Sounds perfectly halal to me?

Renting a womb for 9months YES please and why IST limited to couples who are reproductively challenged? It should be an option open to all sorts of situation i.e. the single woman who had no time to stop and incubate herself for 9months should be given the same consideration if you ask me.

Ps am a pro freezing ones eggs, surrogacy and any IVF treatment and I don’t think society should judge people who embark on that particular journey. We are living in a new epoch of consumerist society & advanced technology, so who has the time for a moral compass when you have science?

hello ppl smile.gif

NGONGE   

^^ You only came back because

I came back. Admit it ;)

Lily,

I thought 'adoption' was not halal.

ps

Easy with the shantytown lingo, young lady. Ano waxba ma tufo (well other than in Val's general direction that is).