Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Quintessential Woman

nuune   

Yaa Xubeer, waxaan soo xasuustey guntiinooyinkii ay habluhu saarka ku dheeli jireen barxaddii Kullan iyo Dhammaajaaleey, in kastooysan guntiinooyin xiran jirin inta badan oy calal yaroo meegaarsan isku xeyndaabi jireen, but guntiino is much associated with Dhaantooyinka which I like alot and play as well smile.gif

Paragon   

^^Loooool@Kullan iyo dhamaajaaleey. What do you know, I actually went to Kullan nuunoow and took some pictures :D . Dhamaajaaleey magaarin, laakiin Libooyaan, iyo xadka Dhoobleey baan u yara lugeeyey..walaahi it was the best experience of my life ...seeing those women hordhaanka u ah awrta raranka ah oo casar-dheer usii caraabaya cariggii. It was kaakacaay season for the cowboys - they'll be gone for 4 months without coming to any town...Alla muxuu doob caano ku dhamay meelahaas.

Lol. Guntiinooyinka hablaba dhulkaa wax u feereeyo ayey u baahan yihiin sxb smile.gif . The sad thing was I didn't have the opportunity to witness Saar, or any other folk dance. Not the wedding season. Balse, Insha-Allah waan u noqonayaa soon markuu dhulka naqqaysto - and I intend to finance Saar iyo dhaantoba in la dheelo to record it, to catch it on video.

PS: How good is your dhaanto? I am not much of a dance of dhaanto sxb neither Saar. I just watch... smile.gif

nuune   

Yaa Xubeer, waan la socdey inaad dhulkaas ku maqneyd, balse sawiradii ayaan kaa rabaa sxb illaa Lagdheera iyo Dhagaxleey, kolleey Libooya Kiinyana waad gaartey, Amuumana kamaadan fogaanin baan filayaa

Aniguba saarka ma ciyaaro, waan daawan jirey nimanka bururo ee gacmaha iska jeexjeexo iyo dumarka ku marqaamo gacma jeexjeexa, balse dhaantada unbaan dheelaa marka aan jaanis u helo, jaaniskaas oo qurbaha dhif-dhif ku ah.

I actually did played dhaanto aroos aan kasoo qeeb galey bishii hore een Dirdhaba tagey, bahashu waan jeclahay, weyna qeeba badantahay iyo noocyo, will post some videos Inshaa Allaah

Pacifist   

Originally posted by Xubeer:

Pacifist, the guntiino is as sensual as a dress can get
smile.gif
. Waa xaax xuux lagu cadeeyey oo fururuq la siistay
:D

lool Xubeerow baal indhahada hoose hoose loool Fururuq la siistay aahh lool

Those Guntinos are to die for, wonder where I can get one for my own musings?

This video reminds me of childhood memories and hooyo with her guntino on.

This lady has this aura about her that reminds me of this song.............

http://music.markacadey.net/audio/Sahro_Dawo/track-2.ram

Castro   

It must have been 1985 when I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Ms. Qalanjo. She was more beautiful in person than any video could show but what I remember the most is her utter humility and a smile so breathtaking, I have not seen anything like it since.

I wonder what happened to her. :(

Blessed   

^She is beautiful and fiesty! I met her daughter this summer when I was in London, she's a mother / grandmother, now. I had to fight that urge to ask her mom was still as beautiful but thought against it, it would've been silly.

I think most women of that generation were beautiful, I love looking at photos of my older relatives, in their sophisticated maxi dresses and the way they wore the dirac and hido iyo dhaqan, they wore it with class that seems to be lost on the younger generation (no pun intended, ladies) .

Nuune,

Please post videos of dhaanto, I think it’s the most fascinating of the Somali dances.

-Lily-   

Castro, she lived down our road for a couple of years. I saw her at weddings a few of times, my mum & aunts know her but I didn't realize she was so well known back in Somalia.

-Lily-   

^^LoL, I just remember meeting this tall elegant woman who called me 'habo', she probably forgot my name, I wasn't too interested at the time. She's still quiet beautiful woman though. Should I be getting an autograhph for you and Castro next time? icon_razz.gif

There's only one song I really liked as a kid that she sung.

Blessed   

^That's my favourit song. Samatar is a ruby amongst the Faaraxs, asaguba. smile.gif

EDIT

Castro and Xubeer remind of this Faarax that went all goofey over Faadumo Haldhaa. For a good ten minutes, het kept on saying, ' You are my favourite, I'm a huge fan of yours' Waxaad tahay sidan iyo sidaa, whilst holding on to her hand. Miskiinto was so embarrassed, she kept on smiling and just saying mahadsanid.