Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Islamist thugs beat up Somali women in Oslo

Fabregas   

Originally posted by peacenow:

I'm telling you what I see now. The country is under occupation.

Only 20% literacy rate and we have more people studying Quranic studies that have no use and benefit in a modern state. The country has no Oil. Nothing. Women walking the streets dressed even worse than Arabs. The Arabs have oil, they camn sleep all day if they want, Somalis can't afford to take in their thought system and apply it here, when it will not work.

But Islam has not existed in Somalia only during the civil war. So I again I ask if you can prove that Islam specefically and not any othe cause made Somalia what it is today? Arabs having oil or women walking the streets dressed as Arabs is irrelevant to the issue. You even said Somalis had never established a rule of law, but again that is nothing but another one of your unsubstantiated facts.

How do you define success Peacenow? Italy is a christian country, do they live by the bible? No, Do you blame all its failure on Christianity or rather lack of it?

There are many Successful Islamic nations namely, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain and many others.

Somalia will be prosperious and peaceful as it used to be once upon a time. Every country including the Italy u supposedly live in and mainland Europe had one of the worst wars and famine in history? Do you blame it on Christianity?

You are Ill informed and full of hatred. You testify that u did not read the Qur,an, yet again label it wrong.

i think what peacenow is trying to say is that religion (all religion) is the source of all evil, popular view amongst secularists.

Curly   

Religion is the source of evil? Justify that please...I am tired of people making statements without facts. Religions begot law and order, an example being the 10 commandants which is shared by Christians, Muslims and Jews alike. These values and morals are the very thing governments worldwide have adopted, developed and adapted to the laws we know today. So in retrospect since law is decidedly a good thing then how can you then call religion evil?

Peacenow   

Originally posted by umu zakaria:

How do you define success Peacenow? Italy is a christian country, do they live by the bible? No, Do you blame all its failure on Christianity or rather lack of it?

There are many Successful Islamic nations namely, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain and many others.

Somalia will be prosperious and peaceful as it used to be once upon a time. Every country including the Italy u supposedly live in and mainland Europe had one of the worst wars and famine in history? Do you blame it on Christianity?

You are Ill informed and full of hatred. You testify that u did not read the Qur,an, yet again label it wrong.

Saudi Arabia is not a successful country. The yardstick is would you leave the 'kaffir' white land you live in now and move there. The answer would no. You would never live there. You are too comfortbale dpending on the white christian man, for everything you have. Then condeming him in return.

If you live by the scripture and the 'Qu'ran' says don't befriend them, then why are you living there? Surely your paradise would be a country under shariah law?

Doesn't matter that the shrine you pray too 5 times is there.

The rest of the countries are not Islamist, they are only Islamic in the sense that the majority is Islamic. It helps of course that you have oil. Which means you can afford to sleep all the day as someone else would be doing the hard work. In Malaysia, the growth is driven and the economny controlled by the Chinese. Who are by in nature quite 'agnostic'.

Peacenow   

I would give credence to what you saying on the viability of Islamism as a political entity, if you could prove to me one that works and works for the BENEFIT of it's people.

Truth is there isn't any, because if would be tyranny by the few against the self determination of the people.

Quite interesting isn't it when you are in, the UK, Norway, France etc.

Originally posted by Sue:

Religion is the source of evil? Justify that please...I am tired of people making statements without facts. Religions begot law and order, an example being the 10 commandants which is shared by Christians, Muslims and Jews alike. These values and morals are the very thing governments worldwide have adopted, developed and adapted to the laws we know today. So in retrospect since law is decidedly a good thing then how can you then call religion evil?

A secularist would say "law" existed long before the Abrahamic religions. There were many great (in the sense of functioning) early civilizations that could've not existed without sense of law and order.

Very few governments seem to possess a sense of morals /have any values today.

P.S. I do not think religion is evil, subhanAllah. It is the lack of religion and faith that is the root of all evil.

Peacenow   

Originally posted by G G:

quote:Originally posted by Sue:

A secularist would say "law" existed long before the Abrahamic religions. There were many great (in the sense of functioning) early civilizations that could've not existed without sense of law and order.

Very few governments seem to possess a sense of morals /have any values today.

P.S. I do not think religion is evil, subhanAllah. It is the lack of religion and faith that is the root of all evil.
Very interesting when you are in France and that is what the most secular nation on earth. Who's buttering your bread my friend.

Majority of American or European dont enjoy the luxurious life Saudis enjoy. The western Tv fed you with alot of crapp. Go to UAE or search it online and see how the average Emarati lives. Europeans dont have a fraction of that. They struggle and die while in debth. The political liers, the entatainment workers and a few indivituals who gained their wealth from corruption are living a rather better life though quite messed except very few good hard working pple.Just look around you.

I can live in Saudia and my life will be fulfilled there. Iam not sitting at home living off on welfare. I worked so hard just like any one and still taking my salary at home while i raise my kid. You see, you are stereotyping ur owm pple assuming ur somali. Funny how you try to credit chinese for Malysia's progress and dev.

Peacenow   

So it really comes down to the UAE and Malaysia. One which is not Islamist, With only a million people sharing 100 bn of oil. Very nice thank you. I would have no problems if Somalia suddenly turned out like UAE tommorow. The other with millions of Chinese immigrants who have built it.

Somalia has no oil. Nothing at all.

You will have to toil in the sun like the europeans do to earn your keep. And when you reject all the economic fundamentals that have repeatdly worked in all succesful countries,

and then to overturn all that and return to the 7th century caliphate. Is really a joke.

There are differences in the way you and me define 'evil'. To me a government that promotes islamophobia amongst its citizen is evil. A government that passes bills which specifically target Muslims, God's true followers, is evil.

There are no 'Islamic' countries. There are countries where the majority are Muslims and countries whose rulers are Muslim, but there is no Islamic country in the world today. Read the etomology of Islam as a word and concept.

winnie   

ummm, i dont know any muslims trying to create a muslim state... i do see some on the news though. personally, i like canada, and its secularism because it doesnt interfere with my faith in any way. right now there arent any sucessful countries, if we are talking about standard of living matched with basic human rights outside of north america and europe, but that has nothing to do with religion. colonialism plays a huge factor, corruption of leaders, and said successful countries aiding the corrupt leaders is a huge factor and that includes "muslim" leaders too (see saudi arabia).

there is alot wrong with the muslim world today, but it has more to do with us straying away from the teachings of muhamad (pbuh) and rejecting all dialogue that makes us even a tad bit uncomfortable. we should be supportive of new thoughts, ideas, freedom of expresion, that is our deen. muslims are just insecure now a days.