Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Islamist thugs beat up Somali women in Oslo

Peacenow   

A brave Somali women who spoke up against islamist thugs was setp upon by 5 men in a street in Oslo, Norway and beaten up.

What Islamists would do to keep shut brave who speak up against this brutal clique never amazes me. Happy to see more and more Somalis openly question, what this arab consipred system and the havoc it has caused the Somali people.

http://blogs.salon.com/0001561/2007/04/13.html

Fabregas   

Old news saxiib, find the thread, there's already been a heated discussion I believe on this matter! And she was beaten up by some guys she was frequenting a bar with, not Sheikh Osama's clique. But I can see being developed as a future role model and saviour of Muslim women..somewhere along the line...

winnie   

^^^ thats not cool. i mean to just discredit her like that. i dont want to believe muslims did this, but look at the track record, this is our m.o (see vincent van goh, sudan english school teacher, the list is endless).

i think its really sad that we think that physical violence is what will solve people's criticism about islam. let them criticize or even insult, do you think it harms Allah? theyre jst harming themselves.

NASSIR   

The biggest contraversy in Islam has always been the textual interpretation of the Kor'an and Hadith.

But the topic of Female circumcision(mutilation) has nothing to do with Islam contrary to what the news implictly imparts in regards to the cause of her beating.

Peacenow   

Originally posted by Caamir:

The biggest contraversy in Islam has always been the textual interpretation of the Kor'an and Hadith.

But the topic of Female circumcision(mutilation) has nothing to do with Islam contrary to what the news implictly imparts in regards to the cause of her beating.

[ December 31, 2007, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: Rahima ]

Fabregas   

Has this shame existed in Somalia throughout it's 100 years of Islamic history?Or did it only exist during the last 17 years of enlightened secular rule? You do make alot of statements and unproven facts without backing them up with an historical facts. Can you prove that Islam made Somalia backwards? How do you know Somali people weren't at their most powerful during their Islamic era?

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by GJ_Goate:

Has this shame existed in Somalia throughout it's 100 years of Islamic history?Or did it only exist during the last 17 years of enlightened secular rule?

Was it not a secular rule before the uncivil war?

Peacenow   

Not as secular as we know it. You are a moralist you expect everyone to live as you do, when people plainly do not. You want and demand that people live 'good and pure' when your life is anything but.

Secularism says that we understand this, let's create a division and play to the best strengths of the human condition. It is the best deal and it works a treat in nearly country which has applied it.

Would you live in America or Saudi Arabia?

No brainer really.

N.O.R.F   

Here we go again. When the heat is on you get emotional and go off on a rant.

You are in Italia today eating all that pasta, pizza and drinking olive oil because a secular Somalia became an unpleasant place. You're also wearing your suit :D

N.O.R.F   

Define 'Islamist State'

Muslim countries that have developed in recent years - Malaysia. UAE. Qatar. Bahrain. Oman.

Why are all skilled workers in east Europe heading west to the UK? No development? What has stifled their development?