Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Dubai from the sky

N.O.R.F   

waar bal ninyo Somaalidan eega :rolleyes: , i post a few pics and now i'm a sell out :rolleyes: I have a few designs on my laptop (villas), I have plans for Burco (not Hargaiasa) big plans :D

I'm in no way promoting my new adopted city, just appreciating :D

I love Megastructures as they explore the engineering feats that have turned the impossible into possible. From man made islands in Dubai to the world's largest hydroelectric power plant. In each programme we were shown the construction of these mammoth structures around the globe.

I saw one about how offshore oil rigs are moved using a huge ship to lift them and move across oceans :eek:

Massa says:

are those freshwater lakes?

You see the big water sprout in the middle of the lake? thats coming in from the sea, under all that construction :eek:

ps you are all welcome for a tour of the city when you arrive. As soon you can find your way out of the airport :D

Originally posted by Dabshid:

Somalidu waa suntii hargaha, the guy likes to write abt Dubai, leave him alone...

Endeaver, welcome to Dubai

^like democrazyyyy :D:D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ Are you living in Dubai or do you have to commute there, saaxib? Traffic must be murder.

What happen to you these months saaxiib? Did you marry Ayaan Hersi, or you....................

smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

I live in Al Nahda 2 (Dubai) which borders with Sharjah. Its not so bad actually (on most days). 30 in morning and 45 at pm.

The DLR will be going along my road soon and will take me to work by 2008 IA.

Ms DD   

Northener

What are the best places to visit in Dubia? I visited the place back in 2002 and i was bored out of my skull. I am coming back enroute to Somalia this december, what is there to do?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ Are you living in Dubai or do you have to commute there, saaxib? Traffic must be murder.

What happen to you these months saaxiib? Did you marry Ayaan Hersi, or you....................

smile.gif
I love you too, darling

N.O.R.F   

Cambarro, forget Dubai. Go to Sharjah and visit the Museums, Mosques and Cultural Centres. Al Khan Lagoon is a nice place to purchase a flat (if thats what your looking for) its also a nice family area.

Dubai is just plain old plastic full of expats on a huge ego trip (i cut them down to size when need be). You have malls, malls and more malls (if thats what your looking for).

There is a new soug (old style marketI in Jumeira which might worth a visit. Other than that just drive down Shiek Zayed road and will catch Dubai. Thats it really

Originally posted by Northerner:

Cambarro, forget Dubai. Al Khan Lagoon is a nice place to purchase a flat (if thats what your looking for) its also a nice family area.

Beware of all agents...some are Arab purporting conmen/women

If you need a flat, let me know smile.gif

Tuujiye   

Northner you already Soled out SOMALIA and Now you sold out SOMALILAND.....Canadana warkeeda iskaba daa.....

Adiga oo kale ani intaan soo qabto aan duugi lahaa nooh..carab jeclaa cuudu bilaah!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

N.O.R.F   

Saxib its not about selling out. Its about living in a muslim country with a mosque next to your house! Thats all.

As for Arabs, i respect them. They are Muslims, they have a country, they have an economy, they have charities that help Somalia, they have nearly eradicated illiteracy (in the space of 40 years), they have a social system for the old folk, they give youngsters grants for marriage etc.

Why should i not respect them?