Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Duke's film thread

Duke, cityofgod was an outstanding film. but I don't think it would really be up there in any top 10. Boyz n the hood and the likes of New Jack city are classic ghetto based films and far better than cityofgod for me. Agree?

Are any of those films better than Scarface?

scarface-2.jpg The Ghetto loves Tony Montana.. :D

Al Pacino’s depiction of the notorious Cuban drug king, has mesmerized generations of would be thugs, gangsters, actors and rappers, one had only listen to early Jay Z albums to understand the impact this character has had on the Hip-Hop generation.

the_godfather_2.jpg

The Godfather part 2 Gets into my top 10 greatest movies of all time. The sequel is far superior to the original with Robert De Niro stealing the limelight from Al Pacino in his vivid portrayal of the young Don Vito Corleone. De Niro and Al Pacino in the same movie though they never meet, is breathtaking. The film is the best of the trilogy with the third installment a true disappointment.

Sometime back, I've watched an indie holocaust movie on Sky movies(UK), and it really blew me away. It was called 'The Counterfeiters'. It was about a group of Jews held by the Nazis in jail and asked to do a counterfeit jobs on the dollar, pound etc to save their lives. It's moving picture.

^^^ Al Pacino in carlito's way has some memorable lines

I'm reloaded! Okay? Come on in here, you mother******s! Come on, I'm waitin' for ya! What, you ain't comin' in? Okay, I'm comin' out! Oh, you up against me now, mother******s! I'm gonna blow your ****in' brains out! You think you're big time? You gonna ****in' die big time! You ready? HERE COMES THE PAIN!

Carlito talking to some Punk

Who the **** are you? I should remember you? What, you think you like me? You ain't like me mother******, you a punk. I've been with made people, connected people. Who've you been with? Chain snatching, jive-***, maricon mother******s. Why don't you get out of here and go snatch a purse.

Fantastic film, its Scarface upside down.

200px-Leaving_las_vegas_ver1.jpg

Leaving Las Vegas

Leaving Las Vegas is a 1995 romantic drama film about a relationship between a suicidal alcoholic and a prostitute from Las Vegas, starring Nicolas Cage and Elisabeth Shue. Ben Sanderson is a late-stage alcoholic who has hit rock bottom. Trashing all personal and professional ties to his L.A. existence, he sets off for the lights of Vegas on a mission: to drink himself to death

This is a hell of a good film, it’s heartbreaking and Nicolas Cage performance is disturbingly real. Its in my top 10.

I love Carlito's way. I watched all of Al Pacino's movies, old and new. Lovveee him. That song "you're so beautiful" gives me goosbumps, lol! But there isnt one line that's as infamous as "say hello."

Another favorite, is Heat with AL pacino and Di Niro.

Do you see me doin' thrill seeker liquor store robberies with a "Born To Lose" tattoo on my chest?~

Neil McCauley

^^^You got good taste, they are exceptional actors both De Niro & Al.

Who is better in your eyes?

Also what was the name of that Al Pacino & Michelle Pfeiffer movie?

You pretentious lot! :D

I'll be the first to admit: I have never actually watched Godfather II from star to finish. It's too goddamn boring! :D

Now burn me at the stake.

^^^Get out of here, let me guess your favourite film is An Inconvenient Truth, and you love Al Gore.. :D

The Godfather part II is fantastic, watch and drink some Red Bull to stay awake.

Urban   

The Notebook is a beautiful story. I'm gonna buy The Road book now based on Duke and Hayam's recommendation..