Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Duke's film thread

new_moon_poster_edward.jpg

One of the worst movies I ever saw in quite a long time. It was so boring, there was hardly any dialogue and the characters were one dimensional at best.

But what did you think, also don’t ask me how I ended up watching this rubbish.

Khayr   

Ok, who bribed you to see that movie. Let it out, the shameful thing has already been done - watching it. ;)

The Movie that I am looking forward to this winter is the Road

the-road-first-image-786117.jpg

Staring Vigo Mortenson, as the father in this heart wrenching film that is adapted from the award winning and spellbinding book of the same name by Cormac McCarthy, I recommend fellow SOL’ers to watch this movie.

5455thumb.jpg

Invictus, A Clint Eastwood, starring Morgan Freeman & Matt Damon. This is the retelling of the crucial role Mandela played in uniting all of South Africa behind the Springboks team which was seen by majority as an Apartheid symbol of white domination. Should be a great film, good cast and director and Mandela is always worth watching or reading about.

Originally posted by Khayr:

Ok, who bribed you to see that movie. Let it out, the shameful thing has already been done - watching it.
;)

It was terrible, the Vampires & Weerewolves looked like members of a boy band. Nothing scary or interesting about it.

What did you think?

The Duke's top 10 movies of all time.

the_usual_suspects_dvd.jpg

The original smart crime flick, too many have tried to replicate its success and failed, its one of the best movies ever and comes in at no 10.

2035.jpgCity of God

Brazilian coming of age film in the favalas around Rio, beautifully shot compelling and dark, the film has brought the street smarts, the music and Afro Brazilians life to the big screen.

A must see…

000_LilasSays.jpgLila Says

A heart wrenching love story, only the French could pull this one of, its between a North African youth and a white beautiful I might add White girl. The film has a great deal of acting, mature adult content and wonderful dialogue. The end is wonderfully executed and brings closure the movie in a way few Hollywood films could accomplish. I came across this film by accident and it was worth it.

coolhandluke.gif

He was smiling... That's right. You know, that, that Luke smile of his. He had it on his face right to the very end. Hell, if they didn't know it 'fore, they could tell right then that they weren't a-gonna beat him. That old Luke smile. Oh, Luke. He was some boy. Cool Hand Luke. Hell, he's a natural-born world-shaker.

An old classic and one of my favorites, Cool Hand Luke starring the late Paul Newman, this film has everything, a great plot , competent acting and an old feel that has been lost in modern cinema. Anyone who has not seen it should also watch Hustler another epic staring Paul Newman.