Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

It's getting really EXPENSIVE to kill somebody

STOIC   

Che,

This shouldn’t give you tortured sleeps.And you shouldn’t worry about the unspoken criticism either if you refuse to pay! Let this be like a whimsy in your dream. God didn’t arrange your life to be in a difficult situation, so why bail a barbarous ***** murderer?

NGONGE   

Can you afford it? Would it hurt you (in the pocket) if you did pay? If the first reply is YES and the second is NO then pay the money and stop being a drama queen.

You alone are not going to change bad habits, saaxib. Plus, it is really not the time for moralising. Pay first, preach later.

Cara.   

^What, you think he should participate in something he finds immoral, and THEN preach against it?

That's how you know you're getting old.

SOMALI CULTURE AND POLITICS ARE ORGANIZED around the country's seven clans, each of which traces its heritage to a different ancestor. These clans are then divisible into subclans, smaller family groups called lineages, and diyah groups. Xeer justice generally revolves around these latter groups, which can number anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand people and are formed when there are enough men of sufficient wealth in a lineage to constitute their own group—a process called, literally, "counting testicles." Each member is responsible for the crimes committed by anyone else from his diyah group. If someone in a group commits an offense, the whole group must pool its resources and contribute toward a payment (camels, other livestock, or money) to the victim's diyah group, with elders setting the amount of compensation using xeer.

Source

Saaxiib Che,

Ninkii maanta qaaraanka diida, tomorrow dib markee hesho ayaa lagaaga bixi doona ee...marka saaxiib pay the small amount of dollars oo lagu weydiistay. "Abandoning tradition calls forth God's wrath."

Che, so you are related to that guy who killed my causin soo maaha? weey oo wey waa haddaanan Boston iman TOLBA inaan ahayn mmm "grind my teeth." You either pay the diyo to us or else I am backing up and heading toward Boston. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Depends what he's against really, Cara. Is it the money? Or the fact HE will be paying some of it? The 'diya' is a preferred Islamic way to deal with murders. If the family of the dead person ask for it and are happy to have it, why get all moralistic over it?

ps

I am asking him to preach later because I don't think he got to the bottom of the story before getting or moralistic on the old men. In addition, if he can actually afford to pay he might save someone who could not from having to borrow or go without.

Che, if you have the money pay it. Why are you become a xaasid, at the end of the day of the day they are your family who will stand up for you. If you don't have the money then don't kalif yourself, just simply tell them that you don't have it.

If this is about the money it is somewhat understandable.

but if the family of the deceased is willing to take jizyah ... it is not your place to judge because this is the preferred way of settling this issue.

just cosider the cons of refusing:

- It might be you tomorrow who requires the assistance of your tol .. bad place to be in if you refuse now !

- Even if the deceased and the murderer were no good ********s only the best & brightest of your toll will be killed in retaliation (a disturbing somali culture)

-

People, it is not that I'm not able to pay this money. It is just that I don't understand why we have to bear the burden of someone's illogical action. The man killed another human being for no apparent reason.He is callous with life. And I do help and contribute when I'm asked of something whether it's money for burial, for the sick or for someone who is down on their luck. Whose to say this person won't kill again considering how trigger happy he is.

NGONE...Why would I preach against something I already decided to support albeit reluctantly.

DhulQarnayn..I doubt God would unleash his wrath onto me for failing to help a murderer.

Gheele T...It just so happens the man that get killed belongs to Duke's "people" but don't tell him that he already thinks my objection to Yeey stems from my 'hatred' for his "people".

Saqajaan..The relationship with the tolka seems to be one way street. So far I have yet to reap the fruits of the Tolnimo business.

Che, don't pay a dime and you shouldn't worry about duke' tolka taking any revenge for the time being. Since your "tolka" and duke's are getting along well.... should I say in Mogadishu.. :D as long as they keep holding hands in that part of the world, they wont hurt each other. Jokes aside though, did you ask you uncle if the said victim's family actually asked for DIYA? If they didn't, then whether you raise money or not the revenge will be on the table for a long time to come.

Few years back, friend of mine's dad was killed for "aano qabiil" that he had no business in it. He never had any hand in the old vendetta yet he was killed for simply being a successful man. That is one of the sad parts of our society.

Che -Guevara,

At first I was surprised why every member of the "Tolka" was needed to contribute...

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

A guy called my adeer the other day.... need to fork over atleast 2000 dollars...
The man goes to say that we need to contact every member of the Tolka

but now, I know why...

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

It just so happens the man that get killed belongs to
Duke's "people"
but don't tell him that he already thinks my objection to Yeey stems from my 'hatred' for his "people".

Woe to Che-N-Family :( ...killing one of Duke's people will cost an arm and a leg

You better get yourself a second job and pay off this blood money, ama odayaashi gobta ahaa ayaa kula kici doona. :D

Che, your audacity is astonishing to say the least!Ku lahaa lacag ma dhiibayo... Ma waxaad rabtaa mucaaradnimo iyo indha adeeg inaad isku darsatid ninyahow.

Adiga iyo duke wixii dagaal ah oo ni dhexmaro adaa masuul ka ah saaxiib :D

Che-Guevara fighting0061.gifGeneral Duke

Originally posted by Malika:

I dont get the mentality,Che I wouldnt pay a penny[luckly they dont ask women to pay anything] but nevertheless I would not give even a penny..I say let him get blasted away too!

I always said women are more cruel than men.