Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

It's getting really EXPENSIVE to kill somebody

A guy called my adeer the other day from the old country saying our family need to fork over atleast 2000 dollars for "save a jack*rse life fund". The man goes to say that we need to contact every member of the Tolka as if ever we keep list of these people and whereabouts. Naturally, adeer politely obliged and said he will see what we can do. I get call saying qaaraan la rabaa to which I answered for what.Supposedly some jack**** decided to recklessly blast a guy over simple argument. I paused for second and politely told my uncle, it wouldn't just cheaper to kill this murderer that way only he has to face the consequences of his irresponsible actions. I believe in saving lifes but I rather give my money to starving child than khat crazed id*ot. I know every life is precious but I see no point in saving this man's life!

-Lily-   

LoooL DD, wa kii tolka gacan sii waye, hala daba galo miya?

Well if it was an accident/he was high therefore his judgment was impaired then I guess the victim's family can be compensated? He should be made to suffer for a bit though.

Ms DD   

I know it is hard to understand but these things do happen in every qolo. Some places I know they dont even want diyo money but the killing of the best man for revenge.

It is the senseless age in Somalia. Nothing makes sense there.

Qorax   

Haddii la dili lahaa mid kasta oo gacan ku dhiigle ah halka maanta ma aana joognayn aanu joogno. Ninkii nin dilaa tolkii ayaa lacag iskugu soo dardaraya oo dhoofinaya... markaa ninkii si fudud ayuu ku imaanayaa qurbaha. South Afrika waxaan ku arkay kuwa badan oo lalaha waa la yaqaana dad ayeey soo qararamsadeen halkaa ayaa tolkii ka soo tuureen qaar waa la sii gudbiyey oo UAE ayeey cumro sucuudi inta la soo siiyey Dubai ka soo cid galee qaarna waxaay usoo socdaan guriga aad ka degen tahay magaladaada inaay deris kula soo noqdaan ee haddii aad aragtid kuwaas oo kale oo indho iyo ilko cadeenaya ha la hadlin murana ha la gelin dil waxba lama ahan.

Malika   

Ibt,its not necessarly for the deceased to have been rich but,its part of our bizarre tradition to compasate a man's death with money..What scares me most about these sort of arrangement is the casuality about the whole thing,I mean this man killed someone cold blooded and yet other[tolka]will go out of their way to pay off his crime and him getting away scott free!!

I dont get the mentality,Che I wouldnt pay a penny[luckly they dont ask women to pay anything] but nevertheless I would not give even a penny..I say let him get blasted away too!

Dhubad.   

Che, if you don't pay that ayaauto now the victim's family will take revenge and probably kill some innocent man from the killers clan and the loop begins so is better to pay it off now to safe life I guess.

-Lily-   

Malika, I think in our religion if it was an accident you pay out to the family of the deceased?

Obviously if it was cold blooded then he deserves what he gets. I find it hard to say an eye for an eye, even for a killer unless he is a child abuser then my mercy has limits.

p.s. Alfa, I know its no laughing matter but the below had me in stitches! The use of Somali of course not the meaning.

Originally posted by Alfa:

dad ayeey soo qararamsadeen halkaa

Lily-He wasn't intoxicated he murdered the guy.

I personally would have handed over the victim's family and let make the decision if they wanna spare his life or make him pay for crimes by hanging him high.

DD...It does happen everywhere but I think it's people try something else.

Ibti- The man he killed wasn't particularly important.

Malika..I didn't pay a dime. There's no point in supporting a bad habit.

Saqajaan..I rather be laangaab.

Dhubad...Let them kill each other. I know that's sound evil but why do we have to suffer.

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by Malika:

I dont get the mentality,Che I wouldnt pay a penny[luckly they dont ask women to pay anything] but nevertheless I would not give even a penny..I say let him get blasted away too!

The thing is they will probably kill some innocent guy not the killer so is better to diffuse the tention by paying the Diyo Money.

Malika   

Dhubad,I know aboowe.Thats the mentality I dont get,it just so wrong! I feel we dont really value a human life,and how simple and easy is to kill in our community!

Saqajaan   

Che

There's a chance you might need some assistance in the future and need money, who will you turn to?

It doesn't matter that this man killed someone in cold blood, he's your tol and must be defended rightly or wrongly.