Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Q A with Mudane MARX Mohammed

Malika   

Erm,Marx

There is a debate going on about 'Should homosexual issues be taught in schools, within the sex education module'? -The argument is its to educate and eradicate 'play ground bullying' so to promote understanding and tolerance.

Whats your take on that?

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:
will SOL be here in 5yrs?

SOL will definitely be here in five years inshallah but it needs to recruit new members to keep the place alive. Most of the members of SOL are rather old compared to the average age for internet users. It’s almost like an exclusive online club limited by age. SOL needs a sustainable future – even people like me who older than the ipod generation are considered to be young on this forum. SOL needs to look for a clear and sustainable future.

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

or better yet, how will SOL change in 5yrs from now? as far as the technology and how we communicate here goes.

If anything, there seems to be abundant knowledge in SOL, so maybe it should become a public policy institute for the betterment of Somalia. It might want to increase its services by actually adding more features like music and instant chat and it even publish a monthly on-line pdf format magazine containing articles and features about the social, political and economic, gender and environmental issues in Somalia.

Originally posted by Malika:
Marx, There is a debate going on about 'Should homosexual issues be taught in schools, within the sex education module'? -The argument is its to educate and eradicate 'play ground bullying' so to promote understanding and tolerance. Whats your take on that?

It's hard enough to try to explain sensitive topics like menstruation and sexual intercourse from the Islamic perspective to our kids. But this is not where sex education ends. Homosexuality has gained greater acceptance as an “alternative lifestyle” in the last 10 to 20 years in Western World. Not only has this mentality affected adults-it is now affecting kids' way of looking at the gay lifestyle as well. Public school sex education, under the rubric of “Family Life Education” generally teaches an acceptance of homosexuality, a respect and/or tolerance for it. As is the case with sex education in general, there is little to no moral guidance on the topic. Just a neutral presentation. Homosexuality, like others matters pertaining to sexuality, is openly discussed in the Quran and Sunnah. We have no excuse as Muslim parents, teachers, community leaders and individuals not to clearly discuss this issue with our kids.

Mobutu is my true hero!, his life was perfectly captured in 'In the Footsteps of Mr. Kurtz' My favourite book of all time!!

NG: His name is: Mobutu Sese Seko Nkuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga ("The all-powerful warrior who, because of his endurance and inflexible will to win, goes from conquest to conquest, leaving fire in his wake."). Mobutu Sese Seko for short.

Hehe old man, me apologise never.

Malika- isnt this interesting, maybe he knows something we don’t. p.s I even read that book and I still don’t see what he saw.